Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 179>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Whatever the case there seems to be significantly more ill-will toward him than our other young prospects. 
Disgusting really. He's a young lad who has maybe not matured yet but that will come. People forget that himself parrott and idah are the future of this Ireland attack. Players are all very young but still huge potential.

Absolutely - he's a talent and needs to be given a chance to mature off the field, he can still be a huge asset to us for the next 10+ years if he can get sort himself out.

Unfortunately though he's not from Dublin and not ex-LoI so he doesn't get the same free pass that others get.
LOLLOL
Don’t have a look in the Troy Parrott thread whatever you do  
LOL

I must have missed Troy's stint in the LoI 
Right so, what specific Dublin born ex LOI players get special treatment on here? 
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm

Whatever the case there seems to be significantly more ill-will toward him than our other young prospects. 
Disgusting really. He's a young lad who has maybe not matured yet but that will come. People forget that himself parrott and idah are the future of this Ireland attack. Players are all very young but still huge potential.

Absolutely - he's a talent and needs to be given a chance to mature off the field, he can still be a huge asset to us for the next 10+ years if he can get sort himself out.

Unfortunately though he's not from Dublin and not ex-LoI so he doesn't get the same free pass that others get.
LOLLOL
LOL

Right so, what specific Dublin born ex LOI Managers  get special treatment on here? 
There you go just changed it for you fingers Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:26pm

And it's unlikely that he will reach his full potential until the penny drops, he matures and kicks on. That's as good an incentive as any. The opportunity to fulfill his clear potential will surely outweigh the opportunity to silence a few rumour-mongers on an internet forum. They're not mutually exclusive though but the former will have to come before the latter based on the stuff on this thread.  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOL
LOL

Right so, what specific Dublin born ex LOI Managers  get special treatment on here? 
There you go just changed it for you fingers Big smile

Jaysus, if this is what he meant he’s even more embarrassing than I first thought. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm

LOLLOL
LOL

Right so, what specific Dublin born ex LOI players get special treatment on here? 

The comment was in specific reference to Jack Byrne. I thought that was obvious enough but it seems to have flown right over your and a few others' heads.

Edited by You Tell Me - 03 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:16pm
Kenny said Connolly almost got a loan move this season:

“He’s a talented young player who hasn’t played that much, it’s hard at Premier League level to get football. He nearly got a potential loan move at the start of the season, it didn’t materialise. Brighton wanted to hold onto him so hopefully he gets to play more football now but it’s hard, Brighton are going well..."

Edited by Greenie50 - 03 Nov 2021 at 2:16pm
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 4:36pm

LOLLOL
LOL

The comment was in specific reference to Jack Byrne. I thought that was obvious enough but it seems to have flown right over your and a few others' heads.

The Jack Byrne thread is chock full of defamatory rumours and insinuations.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to publish pub gossip here about are young players, and Connolly not performing on the pitch as you would like doesnt justify it.  Leave it out.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I heard a rumour from more than one person that Connolly was in Galway recently acting the arsehole in a pub saying he could buy the pub and burn it down to the owner.  Rumours so take it for what its worth.

Which pub  ?

My brother is in the trade in Galway, says he heard nothing like this at all.

Should be able to say which pub if you heard it from so many people.

Hi Aaron.

Can't remember the name of the pub but heard it was in Oranmore.

Like I said its a rumour not gospel.

Only four or five pubs in Oranmore  ( not Galway as you originally said )
Easy enough to jog your memory on names, will I ?

Or easy enough to actually find out if this actually happened before coming on here with it, but better late than never, we can do it now if you'd like  ?

Wow. Taking this very seriously. Ouch.  LOLLOL

Last time I checked Oranmore was in Galway.  Or is it in Clare now?  The rumour I heard was The Porterhouse.

Given his past history it wouldn't exactly be out of character or a major shock now would it?

I'm more of a **** btw but happy enough being one.

Ah no, I'm laughing away here
At you but so long as I'm laughing I'm happy enough 
Like yourself. 

You ringing The Porterhouse or me  ? 

This is an embarrassing defence of a player when the lad was only saying what he heard. This is the same Aaron Connolly who 'dumped' his misses so she could go on Love Island, kissing and shagging lads so she could get a fashion deal while he minded their dog at home, only to get back together weeks later.

I'm interested in football, not fashion or rumours but he clearly enjoys the spotlight, the flash and the glamour. I couldn't give a toss about any of this if he performs on the pitch. 

Update for you: he is not performing on the pitch. So naturally these 'rumours' will surface.

Ah shut your hole you clown you.
Plenty players not performing on the pitch without this type of rumours about them. So no, I wouldn't say its natural at all.  

Update for you .....   what a pile of sh*t post. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 11:03pm

LOLLOL
LOL

Well I’d suggest re reading that thread then 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:10am
Is he a wrong'un?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Dropped from the Irish squad
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:51pm
But not in the Under 21s either. Injured maybe?
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:00pm
Kenny did say at the beginning of the week that he had a minor injury issue. Perhaps it's something to do with that.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:06pm

Connolly threw a hissy at Brighton for not being included. You think he's gonna drop down to the U21s from the senior squad?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm
He's going into Love Island.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's going into Love Island.
He won’t score there either
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Connolly threw a hissy at Brighton for not being included. You think he's gonna drop down to the U21s from the senior squad?

Poor form if he doesn't in my opinion. He's not getting a kick for Brighton, he has no divine right to be in the senior squad and he's eligible for the under 21s. He should be delighted to get the games.

Anyway it's probably something less interesting like a knock in training.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:18pm

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Poor form if he doesn't in my opinion. He's not getting a kick for Brighton, he has no divine right to be in the senior squad and he's eligible for the under 21s. He should be delighted to get the games.

Anyway it's probably something less interesting like a knock in training.

Knock or not I'm not surprised at him being dropped from the squad. We were 4-0 up against Qatar and he didn't come off the bench. Said after that I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped from Novembers squad unless his form improves at Brighton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 179>
  Share Topic