You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 179>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:45am
There's a touch of Jack Grealish about him minus the 100m worth of talent (Grealish isn't worth that either but someone paid) .....he has an air of ego about him totally unwarranted for his place in the game
Sponsored Links

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:45am
Maybe this is just me.

If he continues the way he is going then we could have another Aiden McGeady on our hands.

By that I mean, a player who huffs and puffs and provides no end product. A player who almost inevitably either runs down a dead end, misses his cross or makes a mess of his effort on goal.

Someone needs to coach this out of him.

Nobody gets it right all the time and you cant expect them too but he needs to be more productive. This doesn't necessarily mean more goals but more positive contributions.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

There's a touch of Jack Grealish about him minus the 100m worth of talent (Grealish isn't worth that either but someone paid) .....he has an air of ego about him totally unwarranted for his place in the game

Jack Grealish has an end product to his game. As an Aston Villa supporter I believe that the club got the better side of that deal.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:56am
People need to get off his back

His face is 70% of the problem here and he can't help that
Diving, greedy and missing good chances make up the other 30%

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Jack Grealish has an end product to his game. As an Aston Villa supporter I believe that the club got the better side of that deal.

It's more the diving element to his game, his first thought seems to be wait for the contact rather than do something productive ....those 2 pens claims in the 2nd half case in point ......the first one he was only ever looking for the contact, the second was actually a shocking miss he blazed high and wide from 6 yrds in front of goal before the contact came
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:14am
Nothing to do with his face doesn't fit.  His off the field stuff seems to be a distraction.  He has missed Brighton squads for off the field stuff.  He moans too much and has an unwarranted arrogance about him.  He is always diving like Duff but worse and doesn't win frees for it either.

Just ant him to keep a low profile off the pitch and score goals.

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Sep 2021 at 11:15am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
Jesus, he's sh*te! 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nothing to do with his face doesn't fit.  His off the field stuff seems to be a distraction.  He has missed Brighton squads for off the field stuff.  He moans too much and has an unwarranted arrogance about him.  He is always diving like Duff but worse and doesn't win frees for it either.

Just ant him to keep a low profile off the pitch and score goals.

Thats because Duff was smart about it though. Connolly is brutal at it. He was lucky not to get a second yellow for diving last night. 

I could be wrong but I think the diving came later in Duffers career after Blackburn. He'd established himself as a good player when he started winning frees from taking dives. 

Edited by KING-CON - 02 Sep 2021 at 11:21am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:23am
Jaysus lads, he's 21 years old and still learning his trade. He's also the only player I can see that will play more games in the premier league this season than any other irish forward and maybe midfielder too.

Idah will barely kick a ball this year in the premier league, Shane Long's years ate numbered.

I wouldn't want to go for a pint with the lad but he looks to be one of our best prospects.

Edited by Left foot - 02 Sep 2021 at 11:24am
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:24am
Whatever u say about him he was still fouled 3 times in the box last night. He was taken down against Serbia for a blatant penalty as well. I think he needs to learn how to communicate better to referees. He seems to rub them up the wrong way and then the ref seems to always go against him. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:38am
you would wonder the lads who watch the game last night and can’t see any good in Connolly, do they have any clue about football.  He was a constant threat to the Portugal back four and he was a huge out ball for us to relieve pressure and as someone else said get into their box.  He is wasteful.  If he wasn’t he would be starting every week in the PL and would be a top player.  There is a player there but needs to work on his final end product.  
AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:39am

He defo has something. That pace, stockiness and centre of gravity are major assets. His decision making and composure are liabilities so far. Hopefully he can improve. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:47am
Agree 100% there’s a player there. His movement & pace are there and hopefully ad he matures his decision making will improve. 

Some of the posts here are beyond embarrassing 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:59am
He'd have won that penalty if he wasnt diving so much in the game. Crying wolf and whining to refs gets you nowhere and then when he is taken out he gets nothing. Its the same for Brighton too. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 02 Sep 2021 at 11:59am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

He'd have won that penalty if he wasnt diving so much in the game. Crying wolf and whining to refs gets you nowhere and then when he is taken out he gets nothing. Its the same for Brighton too. 

It's either a penalty or its not, VAR looked at it and said it wasn't a penalty, I think many, including myself, thought that was a poor decision. 

On the other side, the ref reviewed the penalty from hendrick for about 5 minutes and said it was a penalty, I think that was an incorrect decision too. I mean the fact that he looked at it for so long tells me that he wasn't sure.if you're not sure then you don't give the penalty.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:10pm

Shouldn't this be irrelevant now with VAR? If it's a foul, it's a foul and the video room should be telling the referee to look at it.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

It's either a penalty or its not, VAR looked at it and said it wasn't a penalty, I think many, including myself, thought that was a poor decision. 

On the other side, the ref reviewed the penalty from hendrick for about 5 minutes and said it was a penalty, I think that was an incorrect decision too. I mean the fact that he looked at it for so long tells me that he wasn't sure.if you're not sure then you don't give the penalty.

You only had to look at his face when he finally stopped looking at the monitor. There was clearly an internal conflict there. He knew it wasn't a penalty but he was petrified about ruining Ronaldo's big moment.

I've never seen a referee show his hand in such a manner. Normally they are completely detached, as they should be, but this bollox looked like he was going into a job interview in his boxer shorts.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Shouldn't this be irrelevant now with VAR? If it's a foul, it's a foul and the video room should be telling the referee to look at it.

100%. Couldn't believe that wasn't given, regardless of Connolly's previous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 179>
  Share Topic