You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 179>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:10pm
can’t think of a better game from him for us and with that said very frustrating at times. Rather be fouled than keep going is definitely a confidence thing. As said a run of games needed. He’d a handful to play against if confidence comes.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:11pm
If ever a player needs a Championship loan it's Connolly. Find his way get his goal or two bit of confidence and calm down in front of goal. He snatches at everything and screams to me a player that is trying too hard. 

He is a talented player the ability is there no question tonight could have been a magnificent night for him and we talking about his coming of age. 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:13pm
has talent and pace but makes the wrong decision /dwadles on the ball 9 times out of 10
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:54pm
his pace was a real threat but a very frustrating player at times, had a couple of good chances and at international level, he needs to start sticking them away. A great option to have but wont be a guaranteed starter without chipping in some goals.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:07am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If ever a player needs a Championship loan it's Connolly.  

I don't understand people's obsession with players going on loan. If there was a few players in front of him doing well and he had no chance of getting into Brightons team I'd agree that a loan would be best, but as it stands there is nobody in that team that is a guaranteed starter. It's there if he wants it! He needs to knuckle down and work hard, raise his level to make the position his! 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

I don't understand people's obsession with players going on loan. If there was a few players in front of him doing well and he had no chance of getting into Brightons team I'd agree that a loan would be best, but as it stands there is nobody in that team that is a guaranteed starter. It's there if he wants it! He needs to knuckle down and work hard, raise his level to make the position his! 

With Idah Omobamidele Collins Kelleher etc I'm not that bothered they are bench options. Connolly is just a particular case where I think he'd benefit he's not playing regularly playing in snatches and that's reflecting on the field trying too hard and lacking composure. Just an observation.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:31am

With Idah Omobamidele Collins Kelleher etc I'm not that bothered they are bench options. Connolly is just a particular case where I think he'd benefit he's not playing regularly playing in snatches and that's reflecting on the field trying too hard and lacking composure. Just an observation.

I get what you are saying about him lacking composure, if he was playing regularly and scoring he possibly would have done better tonight with his chances. In the long term view I think he is better off where he is, raise his game as opposed to dropping down to make it easier. Someone is eventually going to reap the benefits of all Brightons chances and there is no reason it can't be him
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:35am
He's unlikeable.   Roy Keane would sort him out.  And I'm no Roy Keane fan.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What you mean is he would tell him grow up and stop acting the langer!!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:51am

Although Potter has been good to him and has kept him around when his conduct quite frankly doesn't warrant it (Hassenhuttl lost patience with Obafemi for less) I do wonder is Potter a bit too serene for Connolly. 

If Connolly was with Dyche Warnock or even Mick Mack at Cardiff hed only embarrass the club off the field or dive like he did tonight early on once and he would be banjaxed for it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:53am

I get what you are saying about him lacking composure, if he was playing regularly and scoring he possibly would have done better tonight with his chances. In the long term view I think he is better off where he is, raise his game as opposed to dropping down to make it easier. Someone is eventually going to reap the benefits of all Brightons chances and there is no reason it can't be him

I hear you wouldn't it be great if it was him. Not to compare Connolly to Rashford but Rashford went through that same period particularly the end of Mourinhos time where he lost his bottle completely and couldnt finish a chance for love nor money.

I see Connolly going through something similar now and it shows in the way he snatches at everything even tonight he looked very indecisive not the player we see bursting on the scene for Brighton in 2019 that's for sure.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:08am
He has the pace to cause team’s problem. He seemed to slow down every time he got one on one. It’s no shame as Pepe is a top defender and he won the most tackles against Connolly. He does seem to play with his head down. I thought he should have dinked it in the lead up to Egan’s goal. It’s easy for a fool like me to say though. I wouldn’t be too harsh on him for the half volley where some people thought it was a foul as he had to shoot in a split second with the defender backing into him.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:31am

Although Potter has been good to him and has kept him around when his conduct quite frankly doesn't warrant it (Hassenhuttl lost patience with Obafemi for less) I do wonder is Potter a bit too serene for Connolly. 

If Connolly was with Dyche Warnock or even Mick Mack at Cardiff hed only embarrass the club off the field or dive like he did tonight early on once and he would be banjaxed for it.

Big time Charlie.

More interested in being flash than scoring goals.  Big attitude problem.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 1:48am

Big time Charlie.

More interested in being flash than scoring goals.  Big attitude problem.

How is that your takeaway from 2n? Lad is clearly lacking confidence in front of goal. But at sane time gave us an outlet.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:10am
If it wasn't for the fact that he has done similar in previous games for club and country, I'd have said that the lack of games contributed to his poor decision making. But he never picks the right option. Shoots when he should square it, dives when he should shoot, dribbles and loses the ball when he should play players through on goal.

It's a shame because he definitely has talent, and gets himself into great positions. Really needs to iron these problems out.

Worked very hard last night in fairness to him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:45am
As mentioned earlier he is very unlikeable - I'm not sure I can remember a player for us that I've disliked to the same extent. His carry on yesterday was deplorable and lads are talking about him going on loan to the championship? He'll spend most of his time on the ground play acting until someone does actually split him in two. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 8:40am
There is most definitely a player in there. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:29am
I'd agree he was super frustrating, and also looks a bit lazy running back sometimes, and even running forward sometimes (at one point in the first half he watch Doherty having to beat 3 men down the touchline rather than running and making an angle for a pass) and that he definitely lacked composure in his decision-making and finishing but... 

... I don't know that we have any other player that would have got into any of the positions he found himself in or would have the pace to create the chances he did.. nobody can deny that he was very much in the game which is basically all you can ask for.. I've seen enough Irish forwards/wingers do nothing all game.. I'd like to see him against Azerbaijan to see if he can make his quality tell when he has a bit more time/space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 179>
  Share Topic