You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 179>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He is still our best player LOL

He's nowhere near our best player. For a start, you have to actually show up and play, and then he can be judged against his peers.

He was accused of assaulting a girl in a nightclub. Whether it's true or not I don't know. But the comments from the Brighton fans were insinuating that it's no surprise.

Attacking player i meant to say. He is def that. Sad state of affairs and he does seem like an idiot.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:15pm
Callum Robinson has done far more in his career to warrant the "best forward" tag than Connolly has.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Callum Robinson has done far more in his career to warrant the "best forward" tag than Connolly has.

This.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

This.

I still say Connolly is a better player. has great attributes, ceiling far far higher imo. This wasn't supposed to trigger a debate it was to point to the fact we really have very little up front
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

This.

I still say Connolly is a better player. has great attributes, ceiling far far higher imo. This wasn't supposed to trigger a debate it was to point to the fact we really have very little up front

Fair enough. I would argue though that Robinson's ceiling is higher. Hes a lad still in his mid-20s who is playing football(unlike Connolly) & scoring goals(unlike Connolly). Clearly has a better head on his shoulders and will, more than likely, end back up in the EPL at some stage in his career. 

I hope that Connolly turns it around and proves people wrong though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:21pm
Connolly may well have a higher ceiling, but there's huge question marks at this point in time as to whether he'll ever get anywhere near to fulfilling his potential. It's up to him really, but the signs in the last 12 months aren't promising.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:47pm
Missed out due to personal reasons according to Potter

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Wonder what he did / what happened 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Fairly well publicised at this stage I think. Threw the toys out of the pram in training during the week.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 6:13pm
Really seems like a petulant arse****
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 6:30pm

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Fairly well publicised at this stage I think. Threw the toys out of the pram in training during the week.

Any more details on what he did / why?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 11:37pm
The story is that they put the first team up against the seconds in a training game on Thursday and Connolly was named with the seconds. Wasn't happy about it and kicked off and then didn't try a leg in training the next day. So Potter dropped him from the match day squad.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 11:53pm
I like the fact he thinks he should get a start but clearly he should go about it a different way. Work hard and wait it out as Potter has given him a decent amount of chances in fairness. Hopefully when he gets his next one he shows what he can do.
I love beer gardens
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 11:55pm

The story is that they put the first team up against the seconds in a training game on Thursday and Connolly was named with the seconds. Wasn't happy about it and kicked off and then didn't try a leg in training the next day. So Potter dropped him from the match day squad.
Big duffs had him in the back pocket!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 12:28am
Petulant little twat. Needs a good slapping.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Big duffs had him in the back pocket!

Im sure Duff man is looking out for him as much as he can. 
I love beer gardens
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:52am

We don't know if this is true or not.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

We don't know if this is true or not.

Absolutely - which is why I called it "the story".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 179>
  Share Topic