Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 179>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

It's well known he was kicked off an Irish underage team previously. It's not once offs where you put it down to inexperience. He needs to realise himself that he's at a precarious stage in his career and needs to make the most of the ability he has. There's no question that he can become a top player.

Lads offering career and life advise on her now 😂😂
I didn't think she was mentioned at all.

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Mar 2021 at 11:28am
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Kenny needs to resort to past Argentinian managers from the 70s / 80's who insisted on certain types of haircut. We will see the best of him then.
Passarella insisted that even Batistuta and Redondo got haircuts, no exceptions. Even Pogba got rid of his flamboyant hairdos during the last world cup. Some managers see issues like personal appearances as a reflection of a players character. Rarely to you see German, Italian or Spanish players with sheep dip hairdos. And then you need to view how a referee considers how a person looks which may influence his decision. Refs by the nature of their job which is predicted by rules like order and control.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:33am
He’s at the stage of his career where he’s still not a guaranteed starter for Brighton and as has been shown they aren’t really sure about him either. They have signed a number of strikers albeit none of them have really made their mark or been consistent which has allowed him to keep getting chances. Who knows what will happen to him there. Duffy was one of there top players a few years back now if he gets a championship club he will have to be happy with it next season. We have had plenty Irish footballers in the past with a lot more talent than Connolly think they have made it and absolutely make a mess of their careers. I couldn’t care what colour his hair is or what young one he’s making a sex tape with it he puts the ball in the back of the net for us but when it effects his football he should be thinking about it twice.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

[QUOTE=pre Madonna][QUOTE=Baldrick]Have to love all of the holier than thou advice from lads who probably spent their 20s on the piss and acting the maggot.  

I appreciate that there might be a hypocrisy in beer-gutted armchair fans talking about fitness, application and dedication, but there are enough examples of players failing to hit their true potential as a result of things that have little to do with their footballing abilities.
  If you ever wanted to discribe Baldie that it Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:03pm
Personal opinion is I would put a more robust striker alongside either Connolly or Robinson. Naturally that would be Collins or Long. I think one of my concerns from last Wednesday is that we really seemed to lack a great degree of strength, and that we were pushed off the ball too easily. Some sort of hold up play in an advanced position prevents break outs as the defender has to handle the more robust striker, with their back to them, laying off the ball. The difference is Connolly and Robinson are more "front foot" players, which means that the turnover has the momentum with the attacking player.

The upside is, that if that isn't working it affords the chance to change to a Connolly/Robinson combination later in the game, or, one or the other acts as a relief player after the hour mark.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:36pm
I haven't spoken to Andy Townsend since he died his hair for USA 94. It has effected both of us immensely but he knows he was in the wrong. I don't think I go through all of this with Aaron again. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm
Nobody knows for sure if the fact that he can’t hit a barn door when he gets a chance for Brighton or goes down with cramp relatively early in a game is anything to do with his lifestyle off the pitch. Maybe he’s already reached his peak!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I haven't spoken to Andy Townsend since he died his hair for USA 94. It has effected both of us immensely but he knows he was in the wrong. I don't think I go through all of this with Aaron again. 
That's an impressive wig he has, very realistic. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:51pm
The team should take a Romania 1998 approach and all adopt an Aaron Connolly haircut. Would improve morale, and also send a message that the players are united against hair bullies.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 26 Mar 2021 at 12:52pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
Someone done a video presentation earlier on Twitter analysing his touches, shots on target and overall form depending on which haircut he had. The results of the analysis were pretty conclusive.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:10pm
Ruled out of Lux game. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm
Seems to be fairly injury prone, I agree with PM (I think it was him) that he'll probably start to drop down leagues in the next few years and we'll never hear of him again.
Boondock View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boondock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:25pm
Like the rest of them
18 MTHS ago it was looking great 4 young lads getting games and scoring for premier league teams or in Parrots case about to burst on the scene any minute after Kane's injury. Fast forward to now and all of them have gone massively backwards
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Seems to be fairly injury prone, I agree with PM (I think it was him) that he'll probably start to drop down leagues in the next few years and we'll never hear of him again.

Loan move to a championship club next season, and then the heat is really on. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ruled out of Lux game. 

In haired that earlier. Pity this International break has been cut short for him.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ruled out of Lux game. 

In haired that earlier. Pity this International break has been cut short for him.

LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 1:50pm
I thought he looked fairly trim. The teams a bit short at back and sides , can’t help having fringe players up front.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 2:22pm
he'll be back the Gealtacht in Belmullet for the summer at this rate.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 179>
  Share Topic