You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 180>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 1:59pm
Connolly has been poor, he's only.20.so still learning but his build up play has been non existent. Brighton have had the lions share of possession his movement was poor and he never lost his defender.

Hes been given really.good opportunities to show what he can do but has fallen short so far. Welbeck can on a offered more. 

Sponsored Links

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 2:10pm
none of brighton strikers "lose" their defenders , their build up is too slow for this . connolly often breaks quickly from his man , but only at one time in the match was he passed the ball from this . i feel bad for him, he is hopelessly unsuited to their play , and maupay seems to actively ignore him as a striker partnership
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:29pm
Injured? Not in squad today
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I think he's been dropped according to Brighton twitter. 

So no molumby or Connolly... 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I think he's been dropped according to Brighton twitter. 

So no molumby or Connolly... 

Injured. Groin problem potter said on sky
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:40pm
Back on the bench....so the injury doubts must have been insignificant.

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 6:56pm
they were that is why potter said a slight strain
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
Well in kid Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
Nice poachers finish, good to see for him!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:02pm
Great effort with the overhead kick as well. You'd wonder what he might be able to achieve in a better team - he is making the most of very limited space with the slow pace of the Brighton attack.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:23pm
Damned injuries...hammer gone again?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm
At this stage, it would be news if Connolly or Brady finished a game of their own volition.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:20pm
It’s as if Irish footballers are genuinely cursed. Doherty today the same getting sent off.

Almost a case of you don’t want to celebrate it going well for them as it’s almost inevitable it will go wrong later on. 😂
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It’s as if Irish footballers are genuinely cursed. Doherty today the same getting sent off.

Almost a case of you don’t want to celebrate it going well for them as it’s almost inevitable it will go wrong later on. 😂

It's tough going at the moment. That bicycle kick was a great effort, our main hope up front with Idah, Parrott, Obafemi and Long struggling this season
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:05pm
Goal was Robbie Keane-esque I thought. Clever movement and an instinctive flicked finish. Very nice. 3 goals in his last 12 appearances now since he broke his duck at the end of last season. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and he can build on that momentum.

It really is a pity Walters and Murphy weren't a few years younger. I think the likes of Connolly and Maguire might look better if they had someone of that ilk to play off of.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:16pm
Seems like he’s very much a confidence player too. He came close with the overhead kick shorty after the goal and looked in the mood before going off injured. Just goes to show the difference one goal can make to a player. Hopefully once he opens the account for us they will flow in, it really lifted him today he even seemed to be tracking back more something he can be guilty if not doing all the time.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:24pm
I think he is a natural goal scorer who knows what he's got in his locker and is confident. Kenny knows him well and I believe will regard him as a key player for Ireland in the immediate future.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Seems like he’s very much a confidence player too. He came close with the overhead kick shorty after the goal and looked in the mood before going off injured. Just goes to show the difference one goal can make to a player. Hopefully once he opens the account for us they will flow in, it really lifted him today he even seemed to be tracking back more something he can be guilty if not doing all the time.

Understatement remember after the Finland game away he did an interview and goes “I except full responsibility I had a few opportunities to look up pick out a teammate or take a better option and I was selfish and took the wrong option”.

He was wasteful in that game but I admired that interview and got the impression like you say he was a confidence player trying too hard out of desperation. 

Hopefully that goal gives him confidence (injury or not) as he deserves it he is a talented lad.

I wouldn’t go as far as he is wasted at Brighton as Maupay Trossard Welbeck Lallana all attackers with factually better CVs then Connolly but the 4 mentioned are all struggling also Potter is a strange one they play tidy possession football but it’s all very pretentious and I’m not sure it suits Connolly.

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2021 at 1:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 180>
  Share Topic