You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 179>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 5:32pm
Plus  he will be able to assimilate and pick up the language very quickly. Was speaking with an English accent in no time. Wink
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 5:38pm
The blame game. Take a look in the mirror first.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

There's nightlife, women and distractions there too.
- Banjaxed

There are of course, but I think there is a no nonsense realism about much of Italian culture, and there is certainly less of the beers! chips! burgers! that is in England.

Let's hope he can do a Troy Parrott and realise you have to put in the hard yards.

He can change environments as much as he wants but as I saw someone say yesterday when you're the biggest issue that toxic environment will be everywhere.

Could be a great move for him. Don't know what the level is like but would have been looking at a bottom half championship move if he stayed in England. Could be a great chance to turn things around if he screws the head on right and knuckles down.

Difference between himself and Parrott, and even Parrott mentioned it himself when talking during the season. He didn't need to change anything off the pitch, was living the way he should have been and was mostly on the pitch changes that needed to be made.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 6:21pm
Loan to Venezia confirmed. This is it.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 6:25pm
he still with the girl from love island? 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 7:13pm
Brave move and hopefully it works out for him. Fair play to either him, or more likely his agent - he needs to sspend his time out of the tabloids and on the pitch. He's a really good baller and probably has as much potential as any of the young lads, problem is he's getting to a stage where he's no longer young. Hope it works out for him (and for us)! I was a bit of an asshole at 21, some would say I still am :)

Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 7:13pm
Big chance for him to turn things around with this loan - if it doesn't work though you'd wonder where he goes next.

Possibly they could have used a picture in the signing announcement that wasn't him picking at his nose...
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 7:20pm
Good move for him.

Still has loads of talent, things can get back on track quickly. A few months of consistent games & good form and he's straight back in the picture for Ireland. (Obafemi the prime example)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Good move for him.

Still has loads of talent, things can get back on track quickly. A few months of consistent games & good form and he's straight back in the picture for Ireland. (Obafemi the prime example)

Would he though, because he'll be playing at the same level as Liam Kerrigan next season, and don't think Kerrigan gets into the Irish picture with consistent game time and good form.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Good move for him.

Would he though, because he'll be playing at the same level as Liam Kerrigan next season, and don't think Kerrigan gets into the Irish picture with consistent game time and good form.

We all know Connolly has talent. But he has not had any consistency.  If he is playing well consistently even down a level then he is certainly back in the hunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:15pm
I think if either of them (or anyone else) were banging in the goals in Serie B they'd be knocking on the door of the senior squad. Realistically how likely is Kerrigan to be doing that though, he'll be doing well to hold down a first team starting place. Connolly probably has more of a chance if he can put the work in and find some form.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:20pm

Good move for him.

Ah get a grip, we've been picking L1 players regularly for the last few years. If we have a striker playing well in Serie B he should be picked.
We're decent enough..
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
For those criticising Connolly. 

Can you post up any info to back this up. 

If he's as bad as the comments make him out to be. 

I would expect links to him 
arrested
Multiple fines from his clubs 
Public statements from the manager about his attitude 

I'm not sure picking your nose, being arrogant, having a crap tattoo and a socialite girlfriend are proof of anything. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 9:55pm
brilliant move for the lad Clap

playing in a league that requires technical ability rather than watching the ball getting kicked as high and hard as players can hit it like the championship was never going to work for Connolly. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 10:00pm

Good move for him.

Just because 2 players are in the same League though doesn't mean they have the same amount of talent/potential.
I also would be surprised if Kerrigan got a senior Ireland cap (no disrespect to him, & perhaps he'll surprise in time) but Connolly simply has far more raw talent.

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 10:37pm
He has all the raw materials to be an excellent player - a PL player. 

I hope he can turn it around and this might be the move to do that. 

Watching him at underage for Ireland, he struck me as the best underage prospect that I'd seen since Duff in Malaysia for the U20s.  Really stood out in Toulon and in Kenny's qualifers around then. 

He has the quality - just needs to sort out the other issues, including recurrent injury issues.

Delighted for him - hope he can seize this opportunity.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 10:40pm

Good move for him.

Just because 2 players are in the same League though doesn't mean they have the same amount of talent/potential.
I also would be surprised if Kerrigan got a senior Ireland cap (no disrespect to him, & perhaps he'll surprise in time) but Connolly simply has far more raw talent.

Or even two players at the same club. Cesc Fabregas reported to be joining Kerrigan at Como.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 10:48pm
I think it’s great. Young lad, year abroad, new culture, new lifestyle, and forced adjustment. A year on the continent might focus the mind and it will be a different style of football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 179>
  Share Topic