You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 180>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 7:21am
Spot on Fozz.  

He's at his best running at players from the wings, where he can use his pace and dribbling.  

Not so good with his back to goal where his small stature makes it difficult for him against bigger centre-halves. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 8:29am
Absolutely - I think part of the problem at Middlesbrough is that Watmore already plays that role well for them, so they play Connolly up front.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 12:43pm
Back on the bench today along with the other young loanee, Balogun.

Likely see one or both sprung in the 2nd half.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 1:11pm
Not surprised Connolly hasn't started. Played 82mins in Friday's game and only other game he hasn't started since the international break was the mid week game against Fulham.

Hopefully has done enough to get himself a decent move next season as can see Brighton offloading him next season.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Not surprised Connolly hasn't started. Played 82mins in Friday's game and only other game he hasn't started since the international break was the mid week game against Fulham.

Hopefully has done enough to get himself a decent move next season as can see Brighton offloading him next season.

Reckon he has done enough? Seems a mixed bag going on reports and the one or two games I have seen. What fee would he command or would Brighton be better off holding on and loaning him out again? 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Reckon he has done enough? Seems a mixed bag going on reports and the one or two games I have seen. What fee would he command or would Brighton be better off holding on and loaning him out again? 

Haven't seen any games to really say whether he has or hasn't and is playing in a front two which doesn't suit him much.

Will have two years left on his contract this summer unless Brighton have an option to extend it. Can see it being a loan move like Molumby's, and if he goes into the final year of his contract think they don't get any compensation for him either if he walks on a free. Swansea supposedly paid £1.5m - £2m for Obafemi, might get similar.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:44pm
Missed a one on one right at the end to win the game for Middlesbrough today. The difference between him and Obafemi at the other end of the field unfortunately. It's not long since Connolly would have been seen as a much bigger prospect than Obafemi but things have turned right around in the last year for those two.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Missed a one on one right at the end to win the game for Middlesbrough today. The difference between him and Obafemi at the other end of the field unfortunately. It's not long since Connolly would have been seen as a much bigger prospect than Obafemi but things have turned right around in the last year for those two.
Obafemi had been capped for us about a year before Connolly burst into the scene with that brace that he is still largely living off. Neither have done much since but Connolly has appeared more for us. Obafemi’s run of form is good to see but only if he turns up in June.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 3:00pm
Unlucky yesterday, hit the post.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Came on for the last 15 or so minutes, had a few touches but made no impact on the game.

Has the look of a player who's making a run but hoping that the ball doesn't find him. Confidence seems to have flat lined. 

Should go to a European league. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Came on for the last 15 or so minutes, had a few touches but made no impact on the game.

Has the look of a player who's making a run but hoping that the ball doesn't find him. Confidence seems to have flat lined. 

Was booed by fans when he came on last night.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 4:12pm
Doing the rounds on Twitter again for all the wrong reasons. Nothing major but still not a good look.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 5:41pm
The first Irish footballer I’ve disliked. Always tried to see the good in lads for whatever reason but this guy is hard to affiliate with 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 5:48pm
He's still not as bad as Anthony Stokes, repeatedly assaulting people and stalking his ex partner and her family.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 6:21pm
He's very much at the crossroads in his career, despite his young age. He's as likely in 5 years to be playing non-league ball as he is top flight ball. Hopefully he cops on and realises the opportunity he has 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 6:32pm
He does seem like a dope tbf. Annoying because I do think the talent was there. He will be at home in Galway if he continues.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He's still not as bad as Anthony Stokes, repeatedly assaulting people and stalking his ex partner and her family.

Not to mention what he did to Elvis. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 5:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Doing the rounds on Twitter again for all the wrong reasons. Nothing major but still not a good look.

Not the first footballer to be recorded in a similar situation but the balloons aren't a great look for someone who dropped a division and hasn't done well considering his 2 goals were big deflections.

It just gives off the impression to his 3 managers and prospective buyers that he doesn't take his career seriously. Loads of talent but his head isn't screwed on. Needs to cop on quick or he'll waste his career.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 180>
  Share Topic