Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 179>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:02pm
Was sure he was going to be the one to miss in that shoot out
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:05pm
Maybe it was a wise decision but as a striker you've got to have the moral courage and the balls to want to take one.  Reflects badly on his character tbh.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:09pm
He's sh*te. Let's stop beating around the bush. He's going f**king nowhere. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:13pm
I think there could potentially be a very decent player there but he just needs something. Look at Idah. We were saying a lot of the same things about him a month ago but he has seemed to have moved up a level. Gets a PL goal and is starting to look like he could do a bit of damage. I dont get that same feeling about Connolly now. Just seems to stroll around and commit fouls or falls over.
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 11:34pm
I keep watching this lad and wondering what got him a contract.
The cross to the far post where he failed to make the run to the back stick confirmed a lot of what I’ve seen, just no football brain. 
Then not wanting or been let have a peno??
Not good.
No Pasaran!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I keep watching this lad and wondering what got him a contract.
The cross to the far post where he failed to make the run to the back stick confirmed a lot of what I’ve seen, just no football brain. 
Then not wanting or been let have a peno??
Not good.

He made the run, his teamate delayed the initial pass and he was then in offside position so had to jump back a yard to get onside and while doing so the ball was played into him. The pair of them had their wires crossed is all.

A dozen posts in giving him stick for not pressing, not taking a penalty, missing not even a half chance yet no mention of the decent shot he did have that was saved from the free?

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 7:31am
Boro won the match on penos in old trafford and their penos were excellent. Correct decision by the players and manager on peno takers imo.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 8:39am
you are right it was the correct decision.  But that all says it all that as a forward that the only people worse than him at penos is possibly the keeper and one other. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 9:49am
I dont know what connollys peno standard is overall? but if its only slightly worse than boros overall standard then I think thats ok. He might not have felt confident about taking one? Or simply all the other takers shouted up first before he even had a chance to put his name down? When you join a new team/job etc you generally keep your head low for a bit so it might just be that. Anyway they now have an extra match which he will most likely be involved in which is good for us.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 10:13am
I don’t think forwards are necessarily better at penalties.  All pro players can kick a ball pretty well and could hit that part of the goal they are aiming at if there was no keeper and no pressure.    For forwards, a lot of their game is movement and split-second reactions.  A dead ball, a run up, keeper trying to put them off, pressure makes it a different thing entirely.  I would always expect the most experienced players to put their hand up.  For Connolly, it’s a bit early to say he’s finished, but I really hope he sits down and looks at what he needs to do to deliver on his potential.  
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 10:59am
Some absolute bull$hit being said here.

Connolly has been in this team a wet weekend and may not have even taken part in the penalty drills yet. Also Wilder is only getting to know Connolly and he is hardly going to want to throw him into the deep end without knowing his personality.

The final thing that no one has even mentioned is that the other Boro striker who is on loan (Balogun) didnt take a penalty either. Not a word said about him though.

But hey lets not get facts in the way of the agenda brigade who for some strange reason want to see a young Irish lad with so much potential fail
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Some absolute bull$hit being said here.

Connolly has been in this team a wet weekend and may not have even taken part in the penalty drills yet. Also Wilder is only getting to know Connolly and he is hardly going to want to throw him into the deep end without knowing his personality.

The final thing that no one has even mentioned is that the other Boro striker who is on loan (Balogun) didnt take a penalty either. Not a word said about him though.

But hey lets not get facts in the way of the agenda brigade who for some strange reason want to see a young Irish lad with so much potential fail

Is probably a good thing that he didn't take a penalty because boro would have been thrown out of the FA cup
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 11:16am
Absolutely nobody wants to see him fail or anything like it. I believe there is a player in there. I would imagine Wilder would have a say in the 1st 5 and  prob leave the rest to duke it out amoung themselves. Im only assuming. I just find it amazing that a strikerlooking for a goal  wouldnt jump at the chance to take one. Imagine robbie keane going on loan to Middlesbrough back in the day and nowhere to be seen after 8 or 9 penos. What wud we say. Wudnt happen anyway cause he would be the 1st man to get the ball. 

Edited by doherty - 05 Feb 2022 at 11:17am
I love beer gardens
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

He's sh*te. Let's stop beating around the bush. He's going f**king nowhere. 

Seannie Maquire with a hair color
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 7:37pm
On the bench for tonight's league game. Watmore gets a start ahead of him and Balogun.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:46pm
Scores.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:47pm
Off to the dubious goals panel
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Off to the dubious goals panel

Yeah, he's done well but that may go down as an OG.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 179>
  Share Topic