You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 179>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
Sorry. This lad is not gonna 'be a massiv player for us' in the next 10 years. Nothing at all points to this being the case.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:39pm
Where is this tatoo story coming from?
I'd assume he'd have it on his Instagram, but I don't see it there.

Maybe wait for him to confirm it himself before piling on?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

why are people getting so upset about this? if he was skulling pints and passing out on the streets blind drunk then that would be fair enough. All he's done here is get an unoffensive tattoo something which is extremely common for kids these days. 

The lad is going to be a massive player for us over the next 10 years and will those who are posting snide comments be the same way when hes scoring goals for us?

Story as old as time. We'll know straight away when a massive player has arrived on the scene. Connolly isn't one.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:44pm
This lad eats his own snots and allows his partner to frolic with other, much more attractive, men on TV. I'd be astonished if he didn't get tattoos of himself.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:44pm
Looks like one of those poppy memorials the Brits love 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Sorry. This lad is not gonna 'be a massiv player for us' in the next 10 years. Nothing at all points to this being the case.
just 19 when he got his first start and scored two goals against Spurs. we dont have another player who such high potential. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

just 19 when he got his first start and scored two goals against Spurs. we dont have another player who such high potential. 

Look this lads career is going to go the same way as stokes imo. Promising but not make it because of attitude.

To say he'll be an important player fir us over next 10 years is laughable. It'll be interesting to see where he is in 5 years. Very low down the football pyramid woukd be my guess. But I obviously hope I'm wrong on that
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Where is this tatoo story coming from?
I'd assume he'd have it on his Instagram, but I don't see it there.

Maybe wait for him to confirm it himself before piling on?

it was on his story yesterday LOL I thought he was re-posting a fan that got the tattoo or something, couldn't work out what was happening
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
It's a daft tattoo in my opinion but no different than the majority of footballers these days. 

You have to look like you've been in a gang bang with a few squids to be a footballer these days.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
I'm a huge fan of tattoos, I have around 10 myself and they are stories of your life and what you love.

This however is a complete shocker! The artwork is poor and tacky and to get a tattoo of yourself is pure cringey and the height of arrogance LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I'm a huge fan of tattoos, I have around 10 myself and they are stories of your life and what you love.

This however is a complete shocker! The artwork is poor and tacky and to get a tattoo of yourself is pure cringey and the height of arrogance LOL
height of arrogance? isnt that what you want in a footballer? A player with a bit of swagger confidence belief in himself?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:51pm

height of arrogance? isnt that what you want in a footballer? A player with a bit of swagger confidence belief in himself?

As long as they can back it up on the pitch. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:51pm
Like if you want to mark something like your PL debut or first goal, because he hasn't worn 44 since his debut season get something small like the date and time.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:57pm

He's done f**k all so far in senior football. This is his 3rd full season where he's averaged less than 3 goals in each so as long as he backs up the confidence I'll be happy. I fear he could go the way of Anthony Stokes, a really good footballer with huge potential that just doesn't have the correct mentality. Only time will tell with the likes of Connolly & Obafemi. They've a long way to go and could forge decent Championship or Premier League careers or could struggle down the lower leagues.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 19 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

As long as they can back it up on the pitch. 

This.

In football you earn the right to be arrogant and that comes through consistent achievement, winning prizes and playing for top clubs and at major tournaments. A few PL matches and some goals while playing for some fairly peripheral teams certainly wouldn’t make you stand out.

It reminds me of Anthony Ralston’s comments about Neymar in 2017 after Celtic got spanked by PSG. PSG had dominated both him and his team, and Neymar had scored a goal. Sky even rated his performance as 4/10. Yet he started talking about Neymar as being just “another” player and how he didn’t fear him. Yet it sounded like absolute guff in context, and a type of comment he really had to right to make considering what had happened in the game.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:07pm
I don't remember the same level of criticism aimed at Troy Parrott for getting a similar tattoo a few year back in fact it was the opposite everyone saying what a good tattoo it was.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:22pm
Id be one of the first to have a go at him for his questionable attitude and off the field behavior in the past buts only a f**king tattoo lads.

Tacky? A little, yeah but its f**king harmless.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:23pm
He should get his goal scoring record tattood on his arm to remind him that he has a long way to go yet in football

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Jan 2022 at 2:24pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 179>
  Share Topic