Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 179>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:14pm
Maupay the glory hunting flute could've played him in there instead of taking a a Roy of the Rovers shot at the edge of the box. Connolly was calling for it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Really like the look of Connolly, his pace and strength are unreal, needs his finishing to improve to be a decent international player for us.

If he was going to be our out and out number 9 going forward I would agree (that's not saying he can't improve his finishing) but we have Idah, Parrott and Obafemi (who I think would be an excellent option out wide in a 4-3-3) all potentially fighting for one spot as our starting striker.

Personally speaking, I would prefer if Obafemi and Connolly were moulded/treated as outside forwards for us as a front 3 of

11. Connolly 9. Idah/Parrott  7. Obafemi 

Would be mouthwatering. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Really like the look of Connolly, his pace and strength are unreal, needs his finishing to improve to be a decent international player for us.

If he was going to be our out and out number 9 going forward I would agree (that's not saying he can't improve his finishing) but we have Idah, Parrott and Obafemi (who I think would be an excellent option out wide in a 4-3-3) all potentially fighting for one spot as our starting striker.

Personally speaking, I would prefer if Obafemi and Connolly were moulded/treated as outside forwards for us as a front 3 of

Would be mouthwatering. 

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:36pm
Brighton are fairly clueless in the final third. Like watching Ireland. Connolly badly needs someone in that midfield with some vision.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:39pm
Brighton not playing to Connollys strengths, leaving him a bit isolated up top on his own this second half, they need to play it longer and faster to him or get him to drop a bit deeper. Agree with what GD says about him regarding his Irish future.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:41pm

Would be mouthwatering. 

Yes, that's how I see it - Connolly left of a front three, Obafemi on the right, Parrott through the middle and Idah offering a Niall Quinn 2002 type of option off the bench.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:45pm
I'd say Rodgers told Evans to keep tighter on Connolly at half time and he hasn't really got any service since.

A few high clearances into him that Evans easily dealt with. (An awful pity Evans wasn't playing for us. Would've been an excellent partnership with Duffy. Cry

Subbed now but very happy with how he did overall. Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Would be mouthwatering. 

Yes, that's how I see it - Connolly left of a front three, Obafemi on the right, Parrott through the middle and Idah offering a Niall Quinn 2002 type of option off the bench.

Of course it's very early days for the 4 lads named but signs are good, I would argue that all 4 should comfortable carve decent careers even at Championship level over their careers which would still have them in the picture to play for Ireland.

Obviously I'm hoping and have genuine belief that all 4 can operate in the PL long term mind.

I think Idah would be a fantastic option up top against a physical side especially away from home, when you need someone to bring others into play and hold the ball up.

Still isn't it fantastic to see that we finally have some depth up top and all young lads Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:47pm
Got 82 mins there, good in the first half and was chasing shadows in the second. 

Definitely one of Brightons better players today but that isnt saying very much 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:55pm
Yeah, he's not a solo front-man.
I think he's better out wide and he did sterling stuff at underage for us in that position, with Idah inside.
V good 1st half tho so will ignore the anonymous 2nd half where Brighton were overall very poor.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
@Left Foot & Fozz

What game were both of you watching?! Brighton did very well today and got a point at 3rd placed Leicester were always going to dominate the second half given they're the much stronger team. 

Brighton deserve a lot of credit for their point and they played some really decent football. 

4 points against Leicester and Arsenal is a fantastic return. I hope they stay up. 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Jun 2020 at 8:01pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:01pm
A lot of low scoring and 0-0 games so far since the restart or am I imagining that?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@Left Foot & Fozz

What game were both of you watching?! Brighton did very well today and got a point at 3rd placed Leicester were always going to dominate the second half given they're the much stronger team. 

Brighton deserve a lot of credit for their point and they played some really decent football. 

4 points against Leicester and Arsenal is a fantastic return. I hope they stay up. 

Agreed. I thought they only looked stretched the last 20 mins. Very good return and huge 4 points that will likely see them stay up. I think Brighton just lack a better number 10 or someone better than Mooy who is too slow now for EPL and his eye for a pass seems to be gone. They seem to play him out wide left alot which is very strange to me considering his lack of pace. Stephens Proper and the rest of their midfield are all too similar. I fancy Trossard will take Mooys place next year anyway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
Hopefully Molumby can break into the midfield there after his loan finishes. Warren O'Hora doesn't seem to be making any progress, could do with a move next season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm

Hopefully Molumby can break into the midfield there after his loan finishes. Warren O'Hora doesn't seem to be making any progress, could do with a move next season.

That's a good shout, molumby keeping up the progress he's making and he could be fighting for a Brighton start.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:40pm
I'd be happy enough to see Molumby get another loan in The Championship next season if it meant playing 30+ matches and starting week in week out.

He'll only be turning 21 in August so still has plenty of time on his side to make the jump up to the PL.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:56pm

O Hora just signed a new contract with them 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
Needs first team football - he's 21 now. Hopefully gets a loan move.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 179>
  Share Topic