FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 179>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Excellent. 3 starts in a row roo which is positive. Wondering was his toe injury a factor behind some of his limited game time in the past month or two

It was. Manager mentioned it just before the international break when he was an unused sub. Said Connolly wasn't fit enough to come off the bench because of an injury that flared up again.

Edited by J89 - 22 Dec 2023 at 8:56pm
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:51pm
Just seen the strike. Oozed quality all round from the run, making the space and hitting a perfect strike.

If only he could have a prolonged spell fit, I'd say he would score bags of goals at this level.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:48pm
Took it very well  Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:43pm
Excellent. 3 starts in a row roo which is positive. Wondering was his toe injury a factor behind some of his limited game time in the past month or two
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:24pm
great goal told you aaron would come good 

Edited by Heimatklange - 22 Dec 2023 at 8:25pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:21pm
Just scored 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:21pm
Scores a goal to equalise for Hull. Really nice strike into the bottom corner from outside the box. Hulls top scorer for the season.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 6:46pm
I give him a maximum of 3 more games before he is out for another couple of months injured again

Edited by Trap junior - 16 Dec 2023 at 6:46pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 3:39pm
Scores against Cardiff.

Looks to be over his injury having started and played 90 mins mid week and again starting today.

Edited by Bandwagon - 16 Dec 2023 at 3:42pm
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Troy has had more revivals than I've had hot dinners. Quickly reverts to type thereafter.

4 goals and 2 assists in 10 appearances (3 starts) this season, with a goal and assist against Champions League opposition today. Keep b*tching LOL
I think his score ratio is about 14% in around 110 games. So i think at the moment we can consider him in the mediocre category. If he can achieve as much as that other mediocre striker, Shane Long, he will have done alright with his career. People have been waiting quite some time for Aaron and Troy to turn a corner.

Edited by TooOldForThis - 25 Nov 2023 at 7:26pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 6:56pm

Troy has had more revivals than I've had hot dinners. Quickly reverts to type thereafter.

4 goals and 2 assists in 10 appearances (3 starts) this season, with a goal and assist against Champions League opposition today. Keep b*tching LOL
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 6:16pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 6:11pm

Amazing really, 174 pages of posts on a player, who at best, will rise to the heights of mediocrity. Similarly with Parrott. I assume it is because of the desperation for some striker talent, people clutching at straws.

Aged well LOL
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 1:12pm

Amazing really, 174 pages of posts on a player, who at best, will rise to the heights of mediocrity. Similarly with Parrott. I assume it is because of the desperation for some striker talent, people clutching at straws.
He's been a mainstay in terms of news since he's come onto the scene both for positive and negative reasons. Unfortunately, the latter being the majority. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 12:51pm

Edited by TooOldForThis - 25 Nov 2023 at 1:00pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 11:35am
I hear Aaron is starting a new career in rap music and wants to be known as Azzcon.  Keep it real brothers and sisters.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 11:25am
I’m sure (hoping) it was tongue in cheek

Azza Dead
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Had a read of Dan McDonnell's piece today about Kennys departure. The below paragraph was interesting. Seems like senior players weren't too happy with Kennys loyalty to Connolly.

"In saying that, there was a feeling that he gave too much rope to a couple of the starlets that struggled with the step up. His loyalty to Aaron Connolly throughout 2021 didn’t go down well with senior performers that weren’t convinced about him and he was bombed out after a draw with Azerbaijan."

Harsh on Azza 

Azza!! What an English nickname 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 179>
  Share Topic