Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 179>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

He's a lost cause by now, head is not screwed on the right way and sadly his time is running out, he has very little to show for all those tattoos and chains. 

Ah yeah defo..he should consider retiring.

Actually not a bad shout if he goes back to Galway. He won't have to worry about flying back for nights out that way. Lad is a spent force and well on his way to being the next Anthony Stokes. He's had about 50 last chances already and funnily enough every manager can't take a shine to him. 

This was him 3 days ago celebrating his hard graft. He deserves a good boot up the hole and a few cold nights sitting on the bench in Ballybofey.

What sort of weirdo posts pictures from a players socials on a football forum (and then makes up a fake story to go along with it)? Confused
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Fail to do the business this time and its goodnight Vienna

A Rapid fall from grace

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 6:15pm

He's a lost cause by now, head is not screwed on the right way and sadly his time is running out, he has very little to show for all those tattoos and chains. 

Actually not a bad shout if he goes back to Galway. He won't have to worry about flying back for nights out that way. Lad is a spent force and well on his way to being the next Anthony Stokes. He's had about 50 last chances already and funnily enough every manager can't take a shine to him. 

This was him 3 days ago celebrating his hard graft. He deserves a good boot up the hole and a few cold nights sitting on the bench in Ballybofey.

That picture is from ages ago it's not recent 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 6:14pm
Reality is, doesn't matter how many stupid hats, tats, Insta-shots or pouty wannabees he's embelleshed with, if he goes to a Championship club and starts playing regularly, stays fit and scores goals, he should be in our squad in March.
That's how sh*t we are up front, if we're honest.

Now, the chances of that happening...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 6:09pm
He must have had a tattoo removal procedure if that was taken three days ago, or any time recently!
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 5:49pm

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:04pm

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 3:51pm
If this happens, if the boss has worked with him in the past then he knows he has talent. Connolly shud be delighted that he wants to bring him in. He has talent we all know that. But if he keeps under performing how many more chances will he get. End up just another player with talent that wasted it.
I love beer gardens
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm
The fact the boss there knows him and worked with him is a significant positive.
But ultimately it comes down to whether the player himself wants to put the effort in.

There's as much chance we're having the same conversation about some L1 or Scottish team come August.
I for one hope he surprises people.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I know he's not everyone's favourite and people are sick of hearing about his off the pitch conduct but I'm genuinely curious to see how this move pans out for him. I wasn't expecting him to get a Championship move so fair play to Hull for taking a chance on Connolly. 

Hopefully he gets off to a decent start. 
Should work out well. He was in New York over the new year getting in tip top condition 🤔
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:52pm
I know he's not everyone's favourite and people are sick of hearing about his off the pitch conduct but I'm genuinely curious to see how this move pans out for him. I wasn't expecting him to get a Championship move so fair play to Hull for taking a chance on Connolly. 

Hopefully he gets off to a decent start. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

I’m guessing the next step is an interview with Connolly where he talks about how he’s now ready to kick on and Hull is the place for him. Irish media please just use the same articles from the summer replacing Venezia with Hull. How do we get this guy out of our news feeds? Let him go and perform on the pitch consistently and then Indo etc you can start reporting on him again.

There’s a lot of snipey comments about him in general but this is a good point! Off The Ball,general media and all these f**king channel accounts would be wise to refrain from any stupid interviews of that ilk for the foreseeable! It doesn’t help!
Let the lad go to Hull find his feet and who knows he might catch fire! 

End of the day he’s an Irish lad with potential let’s hope he can find the spark that got him his initial break at Brighton again!

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2023 at 2:39pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:34pm

A Rapid fall from grace
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:15pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:06pm
I'd be almost certain this won't work out for him, but would be delighted to be proven wrong. The Aaron Connolly that broke through initially would get into the Irish team no problem and he showed for the u21s that he still has some talent. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:52pm

Feels like a different fella they're talking about in that video, but it maybe shows why Liam Rosenior wants to bring him in based on past experience.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Last chance saloon for him. If it goes badly then back to LOI is the best he will do

There's still League One and Scotland even if this doesn't work out. He's still a few rungs above the League of Ireland just yet. Despite everything, having 40+ EPL games on his CV gives him a profile that means teams will take a chance on him for a couple of years yet. Who knows, maybe he might eventually take one of those chances.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

To Hull & Back. 

Citizen was waiting for him for 15 hrs at Gatwick Airport

LOLLOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 179>
  Share Topic