FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaron Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aaron Connolly
    Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Hasn't got off the bench in the last 3 games he's been available for, disappointingly. 

Pity James Furlong didn't move to Legia Warsaw as well. They wanted him a lot more than Hull and he could've seen a good bit of European football with them in the ECL.

Hull also did ok in those games. I am sure he is only partially fit so will be introduced slowly but surely. 

Yeah there's been other games where he didn't come off the bench and Rosenior has said afterwards he wasn't fit enough to come on.

It's a shame that fitness is going to plague his career forever as Rosenior was starting to get something out of Connolly.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Hasn't got off the bench in the last 3 games he's been available for, disappointingly. 

Pity James Furlong didn't move to Legia Warsaw as well. They wanted him a lot more than Hull and he could've seen a good bit of European football with them in the ECL.

Hull also did ok in those games. I am sure he is only partially fit so will be introduced slowly but surely. 
Not having a go at him but he's been partially fit for about 5yrs now.

The concussion and should injury from that challenge  few weeks ago was hardly his fault though! His long term / reoccurring injury is usually foot/ankle related.

Hes on the bench as an impact sub at the moment, they've won their last 3 games 2-1. You dont need to bring on a striker when trying to hold onto a lead. 

The one game he was brought on for final 20 minutes was where they were losing and chasing the game 1-0.

Hes still their top scorer with 8 goals this season, I'm sure they'd love him fit and available to start every game and so would we.

Edited by Bandwagon - 21 Feb 2024 at 2:03pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 1:16pm

Not having a go at him but he's been partially fit for about 5yrs now.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 12:46pm

Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Back to the LOI with him. 30 goals a season at Rovers.

He would probably be a Ballon D'Or nominee in the LOI

Jason Byrne and Glen Crowe were robbed multiple times.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

He would probably be a Ballon D'Or nominee in the LOI
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 11:48am

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:12pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 8:47pm
Looking at 3 to 6 weeks out.

“It's a minimum of three weeks (out). I can only laugh at the moment, that’s the only way I can deal with negative news,” said Hull City boss Liam Rosenior, after Connolly left the field last week following a shuddering collision with Canaries ‘keeper Angus Gunn early in the first-half.

“He is looking at between three and six weeks (out). Hopefully it's more on the three side. We have had his shoulder assessed and he’ll need more assessment in three weeks.

“I did the same injury in my shoulder. It’s his AC joint, he has twinged the ligament and that can be a really, really painful one. So we have to make sure he gets his rehab right, on top of the fact that he is still showing real symptoms of concussion as well.”
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 2:17pm
That's an outrageous decision by the ref. Completely poleaxed Connolly.
Any chance that can be looked again?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

I give him a maximum of 3 more games before he is out for another couple of months injured again

Bump
Did you give the keeper a contract 

No Kenneth,  I have seen this movie before that's all.

Celebrating an Irish player getting poleaxed, classy as ever.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

I give him a maximum of 3 more games before he is out for another couple of months injured again

Bump

No Kenneth,  I have seen this movie before that's all.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 12:11pm

Bump
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Didn't the Wales goalie get sent off for a similar foul against Iran at the world cup? 

Crazy decision. 
Yep - referee amazingly only booked him but a VAR review got him sent off.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 12:00pm

Bump

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:23am
Didn't the Wales goalie get sent off for a similar foul against Iran at the world cup? 

Crazy decision. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:47am
How can any official see that and think it’s not a foul LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Thats a shocking challenge from the keeper. And ye say he got a free kick? Fook me that is unbelievable. 

Officials must have a cheeky bet on Norwich. Giannoulis should have got a straight red for an elbow to the face. Ref gave a yellow but the linesman who was right next to it flagged for a throw in. Didn't even think it was a foul.

Concussion and shoulder injury for Connolly.

Edited by J89 - 12 Jan 2024 at 9:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 177>
  Share Topic