You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2016 Semis Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:58pm
Portugal have been terrible so far.
At least Wales have shown some moments of genuine class to justify being in the Semis.
Portugal are also the only non group winner in the semi final.
If Wales can keep Ronaldo and the wonder kid Sanchez quite it'll be a pretty straight forward Wales win, even though Ramsey will be a big loss.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 5:11pm
Weigl would be a better option than Can to start in midfield! Gomez injury could be a blessing, thought Germany were very pedestrian like in the QF with Gomez and Muller up top.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Portugal have been terrible so far.
At least Wales have shown some moments of genuine class to justify being in the Semis.
Portugal are also the only non group winner in the semi final.
If Wales can keep Ronaldo and the wonder kid Sanchez quite it'll be a pretty straight forward Wales win, even though Ramsey will be a big loss.

Reckon Wales beat Portugal too. They could actually win this outright! France v Wales final is my bet.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Lost to Italy in the quarters in 38

Lost to Germany in 1940 but had a rerun in 1944.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

Lost to Italy in the quarters in 38

Lost to Germany in 1940 but had a rerun in 1944.

Veni, Vidi, Vichy
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 8:43pm
I hope Wales stuff Portugal but I reckon this is a bridge too far for them and Portugal will win comfortably enough, maybe 3-0. 

France have a stinking record against Germany in major tournaments but then again Germany got through against (even if they didn't win) Italy for the first time ever. 

I think France will do it 1-0 in a non-classic.

France-Portugal final for me.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:21pm
It's a great song the Welsh anthem. Also considering the way the english media are implying that half the Welsh team is English the players all know the words of their anthem and sing it.
Anyhow Wales for me tonight and zee Hermans to beat the French tomorrow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:30pm
Sanches is a fine footballer, otherwise Portugal are mediocre
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:31pm

Sanches is a fine footballer, otherwise Portugal are mediocre

So narrow!Even the full-backs are coming inside,use the flanks for f*ck sake
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:36pm
Prob Portugal's best performance and that will tell you how bad they are . Bale covering a lot of ground in both directions while his team mate for Madrid has used more energy trying to claim fouls and moaning at his team mates & officials 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:36pm
They should just give the trophy to whoever wins tomorrow .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:41pm
Very tetchy. Will only come to life after a goal. Wales need to go for it or theyre only playing into Portugals hand.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
edthered View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edthered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:41pm
Plenty of empty seats to be seen- surprising for a semi final
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:49pm
Both teams trying to find space behind for Bale and Ronaldo but Ronaldo looks like he doesn't want to be there. Wales need to have a go here, game needs to be taken by them.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:53pm
Ronaldo has been poor again but he should have had a penalty after Collins tried to get him in a headlock,Wales definitely missing Ramseys passing.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:55pm

Both teams trying to find space behind for Bale and Ronaldo but Ronaldo looks like he doesn't want to be there. Wales need to have a go here, game needs to be taken by them.

I would love to see Wales take this massive opportunity trouble is Ronaldo has a habit of looking out of it then he sticks away a crucial goal.

Edited by Double Maxim - 06 Jul 2016 at 8:56pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Ronaldo has been poor again but he should have had a penalty after Collins tried to get him in a headlock,Wales definitely missing Ramseys passing.

Ramsey a huge loss alright, no question. Allen has been a bit casual in position too. I do think Ramsey would drive them on here in a way King can't.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I would love to see Wales take this massive opportunity trouble is Ronaldo has a habit of looking out of it then he sticks away a crucial goal.

He is capable of doing that in any type of game, it appears to be Portugal's only plan, keep it tight and pray for Ronnie. Go out and impose your game on them and get a goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic