You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Trevor Clarke has signed for Bristol Rovers from Rotherham.

What he needs is a consistent run of games for the first time since he moved to England. His injury last season couldn't have come at a worse time for him.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Trevor Clarke has signed for Bristol Rovers from Rotherham.

What he needs is a consistent run of games for the first time since he moved to England. His injury last season couldn't have come at a worse time for him.

Havent seen much of him in England but he looked a tidy player whenever I seen him player underage for Ireland and Shams. Hopefully it works out for him.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 8:03pm
Stephen Ward signs for Walsall.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 8:12pm
Cian Bolger, who was playing for Northampton in League One last season, has signed for NIFL Premiership side Larne.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm

Cian Bolger, who was playing for Northampton in League One last season, has signed for NIFL Premiership side Larne.
Probably on the same money. Larne owner minted.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm
Liam McAlinden has signed a two year deal with Wrexham after being released by Morecambe.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:10pm
This is the most depressing thread on here. Every time there is a new post i wonder has one of our players moved...then its like some randomer no kne has ever heard of or prob will ever again. Harsh but true.
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:37pm
Darragh O'Connor has joined Motherwell from Leicester.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

This is the most depressing thread on here. Every time there is a new post i wonder has one of our players moved...then its like some randomer no kne has ever heard of or prob will ever again. Harsh but true.

So just don't click in? There are plenty tiers to football and many of us find it interesting seeing where lads end up, where their level ends up being. And most of these lads are making a few bob in the process. Oh, and playing at clubs with fans because clubs need fans. So they are heard of. Not to mention young lads making their way in the game. 

Your post is absolutely and utterly unnecessary and unhelpful.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

So just don't click in? There are plenty tiers to football and many of us find it interesting seeing where lads end up, where their level ends up being. And most of these lads are making a few bob in the process. Oh, and playing at clubs with fans because clubs need fans. So they are heard of. Not to mention young lads making their way in the game. 

Tbf he’s right.

I’m all for our young lads moving about the lower leagues - I actually think it’s a good thing if it means playing first team football instead of sitting on the bench with teams like liverpool, West Ham, etc.

But I do get always hope when I click in on thread that some Irish lad has moved for a transfer fee of millions!!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 11:58pm

every chance he will get a first team run with Motherwell. Interesting to see how he rolls. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I support all Irish players its just a general point Eoin. No need to blow a gasket!! This is a forum. You dont have to agree with every post. 
I love beer gardens
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 6:36am

I feel ya
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

every chance he will get a first team run with Motherwell. Interesting to see how he rolls. 

The smaller Scottish clubs like Motherwell and Livingston and the likes are often a good option for young Irish players that have been released by bigger English teams. They run with very small squads so there's always a good chance of getting games. And if they're good enough they'll get a move back to a bigger club in a couple of years. Obviously St. Mirren has been a good option for Irish players in the last year or two but more Irish players should look to head that direction generally.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 9:17am
True. Also, there is always a possibility of players in the lower English leagues progressing upwards if all goes well though going sideways or downwards is more common. If your only interest is big money transfers or Irish players going to stellar PL clubs, this thread is not for you. There has been very little such activity in recent years and I think that so far in the current market only Collins and Okoflex have moved up to the PL, to Burnley and West Ham respectively.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 1:24pm
Deji Sotona is apparently close to joining Crystal Palace.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The smaller Scottish clubs like Motherwell and Livingston and the likes are often a good option for young Irish players that have been released by bigger English teams. They run with very small squads so there's always a good chance of getting games. And if they're good enough they'll get a move back to a bigger club in a couple of years. Obviously St. Mirren has been a good option for Irish players in the last year or two but more Irish players should look to head that direction generally.

This is it a great League for our young players to be going outside the two big teams. Even playing for St Mirren or a Livingston would be the same level as playing for a bottom 8/10 League 1 team yet youd be more likely to get a game in a St Mirren or a Livingston with a smaller squad then a Rochdale or a Plymouth. 

Likewise looking at Hodge and O’Reilly Irish clubs should be banging the doors down to get 18 19 year old Irish lads in England on loan. The level is irrelevant at that age it’s men’s football it gets them rolling and gives them the template to kick on. 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Jul 2021 at 2:08pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 11:06am
Olamide Shodipo, in the last year of his QPR contract, has signed on loan for Sheffield Wednesday for all of next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 126>
  Share Topic