Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:57am
Besiktas have just been eliminated from the Champions League while Trabzonspor are banned from European competition for a year. They did however, finish 2nd and 3rd in Turkey last year, so they aren't to be scoffed at if the interest is genuine.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:03pm

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 27 Aug 2020 at 1:11pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:10pm
Robbie Keane turned down a move to Besiktas when he joined LA Galaxy. Netherlands, Turkey and Greece always seem to be realistic options when it comes to interest in Irish players outside of the usual destinations.

I'd be disappointed if his PL career was to come to an end so soon but the Turkish league is decent and Besiktas and Trabzonspor are both strong teams who compete for titles and European football.

I can't understand why Villa would let him go without a fight, though. They finally gave him a decent run of starts towards the end of the season and their form increased exponentially, with Hourihane integral to that.

It's quite bizarre when you think about it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Robbie Keane turned down a move to Besiktas when he joined LA Galaxy. Netherlands, Turkey and Greece always seem to be realistic options when it comes to interest in Irish players outside of the usual destinations.

I'd be disappointed if his PL career was to come to an end so soon but the Turkish league is decent and Besiktas and Trabzonspor are both strong teams who compete for titles and European football.

I can't understand why Villa would let him go without a fight, though. They finally gave him a decent run of starts towards the end of the season and their form increased exponentially, with Hourihane integral to that.

It's quite bizarre when you think about it.
You can say that again.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 6:32pm
Stephen Ireland may be joining Swindon. Asking for too much money at the moment but his agent is negotiating with the Swindon assistant manager-who is none other than Noel Hunt.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 5:11pm
Daryl Horgan leaving Hibs for Aberdeen seemingly 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 5:26pm
Moving to an English club apparently, I'd imagine it'll be League 1 or League 2, he isn't good enough for the Championship.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Moving to an English club apparently, I'd imagine it'll be League 1 or League 2, he isn't good enough for the Championship.

Considering the wages he's on,, there's zero chance it will be a L2 team. It would have to be a big L1/Championship team to cover them.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 6:39pm
I'd say he'd take a wage cut in return for the security of a longer contract. His Hibs contract was up at the end of the season and they weren't exactly tripping over themselves to renew it. If there's a three year deal for him at Salford or somewhere he'd be as well to take it, he's not going to get anything better based on his performances in England and Scotland.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 7:28pm
Celtic are being linked again with James McCarthy, amid fears about Scott Brown lasting the season. Speculation is that some of their top players would need to be sold to generate the money needed but Newcastle, Aston Villa and Leeds also still interested in James.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 10:48pm

Wycombe Wanderers.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:18pm
I've heard Wycombe too but it's not a great move, it's by far the worst team to ever grace the Championship, I'd even go as far as worse than the Rotherham side who finished with just 19 points only a few year ago.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I've heard Wycombe too but it's not a great move, it's by far the worst team to ever grace the Championship, I'd even go as far as worse than the Rotherham side who finished with just 19 points only a few year ago.

For a start whoever suggested isn’t good enough for the Championship I’d love to know there basis for that statement. 

Wycombe would be absolutely fine would likely be playing Championship football every week by virtue of the squads lack of ability and would be playing better opposition pretty much every week to boot (Wycombe will probably be relegated). Will learn plenty that way.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

For a start whoever suggested isn’t good enough for the Championship I’d love to know there basis for that statement. 

Wycombe would be absolutely fine would likely be playing Championship football every week by virtue of the squads lack of ability and would be playing better opposition pretty much every week to boot (Wycombe will probably be relegated). Will learn plenty that way.

LOL

Have you actually watched Wycombe play? Goalkeeper to striker route one. No other players involved in the build up.

That's not football, that's tennis with a bigger ball.

Probably the most horrendous side to watch. I hope Daryl has good neck muscles if he goes there.

Edited by coyne - 30 Aug 2020 at 11:32pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:32pm

LOL

Have you actually watched Wycombe play? Goalkeeper to striker route one. No other players involved in the build up.

I have seen them. Rough putrid stuff they were 8/11 to go down with one or two firms that’s an all merciful bet. Would still be far better served there playing 30-40 Championship matches than the situation he is in at Celtic at the moment reckon despite the horrible football it would bring him on plenty. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:38pm

LOL

I have seen them. Rough putrid stuff they were 8/11 to go down with one or two firms that’s an all merciful bet. Would still be far better served there playing 30-40 Championship matches than the situation he is in at Celtic at the moment reckon despite the horrible football it would bring him on plenty. 

No. Just no. You gotta be severely desperate to join a team who are likely to be getting pasted 3,4, 5-0 every weekend.

It's not even the results side of things either, he's barely gonna see any of the ball because of the way they play!

Disaster written all over it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 11:46pm

Ok I'll take that back, he's probably good enough for the worst team in the Championship by a mile! He'll get one season and then down to League 1 which is more his level.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 12:03am

LOL

Probably the most horrendous side to watch. I hope Daryl has good neck muscles if he goes there.

I would imagine he'll be the man they're looking to pick up the breaks in that case. Could be worse, he'd likely be the main man and given a free enough role. If he scores a few goals and is generally lively then that may be enough to keep him in the Championship even if Wycombe are relegated.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 126>
  Share Topic