Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 126>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

nobody was going to pay 6 figures for barry cotter LOL How many loi clubs have received money for players that wanted gone? Good business by rovers to get something as i said, as well as a sell on clause just incase.

10 minutes ago you didn’t know of any offers now you’re telling me what they did or didn’t bid. 
As I said no LOI player should be leaving for 20k. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It's been a relatively quiet window so far. Who do we really want to see get a move in the next fortnight? Any news on Ronan, Kilkenny, Duffy? Obviously Obafemi is another who probably needs a move, Knight could do with one and a loan move for young Moran from Brighton would be interesting. Coventry is another who needs to move on.

Think these would be the main hopes for moves, any others, any updates on these?

Main ones for me would be:

Obafemi - we need him back playing for March
Knight - probably won't happen but he's way too good for League 1, ridiculous that he's going to do a full season or possibly longer at that level
Festy - would be good to see him back playing regular first team football
Adaramola - should look for a League 1 loan after Coventry didn't work out
Bagan - same as Adaramola if he's not going to be playing for Cardiff
Coventry - time for him to move on permanently from West Ham, would be a good, cheap pickup for a Championship team or could go the Cullen route 
Kilkenny - doesn't look a good fit for Stoke, should go elsewhere for the second half of the season if possible
McNally - the link to Sheffield Weds to replace McGuinness would be good for him if it comes off
Conor Noss and Ollie O'Neill need to go out and play some first team football at this point as well.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:36pm
If rovers get 20k for every player they want of the wage bill i'll be happy.

Pats didn't offer 100k anyway Thumbs Up
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:29pm
Anthony O'Connor has joined Harrogate.
We're decent enough..
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:30pm
Randolph to Bournemouth. Hardly making sideways move to be 3rd choice again, with Neto No.1 I wonder will Travers push for loan til end of season?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Randolph to Bournemouth. Hardly making sideways move to be 3rd choice again, with Neto No.1 I wonder will Travers push for loan til end of season?

Most people reporting that Bournemouth are taking over his current deal so could be a short term deal till the summer to cover Neto and Travers. They only had an U21s keeper to cover Travers when Neto was injured.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:52pm
When did Randolph actually last play a game? Wasted the last how many years that he could have been playing. Happy to sit on the bench it seems.
I love beer gardens
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:58pm
Lad is probably happy to live in London with Alexandra Burke and get Premier League wages at the tail end of his career. I don't blame him. Sounds a lot better than playing for a mid-table Championship club up north. 

He's been a bit of a journeyman. No shame in maximising the earning potential at the end of his career. It's becoming more common for decent HG keepers to spend their twilight years in a psuedo-coaching role as 3rd choice.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:00pm
He hasn't played a single game in the past 2 seasons.

A real shame as he never put a foot wrong for us and had a good Irish career with 50 caps in the end. 

Although he did reference the quick emergence of Bazunu, Kelleher & Travers as an end to his stint as our no. 1
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Lad is probably happy to live in London with Alexandra Burke and get Premier League wages at the tail end of his career. I don't blame him. Sounds a lot better than playing for a mid-table Championship club up north. 

He's been a bit of a journeyman. No shame in maximising the earning potential at the end of his career. It's becoming more common for decent HG keepers to spend their twilight years in a psuedo-coaching role as 3rd choice.
That’s my point, if he happy in London playing 3rd fiddle then why move just to be in same position at Bournemouth. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

When did Randolph actually last play a game? Wasted the last how many years that he could have been playing. Happy to sit on the bench it seems.

May 2021
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

That’s my point, if he happy in London playing 3rd fiddle then why move just to be in same position at Bournemouth. 

His West Ham contract is up in the summer and come the summer Bournemouth might have one senior keeper if Neto leaves.

Even if he's third choice at Bournemouth till the summer he could be kept on as second choice in the summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:44pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he's going there as Number 2 keeper. Travers could be out on loan by this time next week.
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 9:40pm
I'd be surprised if Bournemouth considered Randolph a superior keeper to Travers, who excelled in the Championship last season.

Randolph, in contrast, hasn't played a competitive match for a couple of years.

Edited by Sheedy11 - 25 Jan 2023 at 9:41pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 6:43pm
William Hondermarck has joined Northampton from Barnsley.

Shane McLoughlin has signed for Salford from Morecambe.

Edited by The O'Shea - 26 Jan 2023 at 6:49pm
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 10:30pm
Masterson gone to Gillingham in L2 on loan. Himself and McNally same age, mad how their careers have turned out. Benefits of early exposure to first team football in League of Ireland over staying in an academy at a top club too long.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 3:49am
Masterson may have physically peaked too soon. Even in Kenny’s 21’s, he looked too slow to make it at a level similar to Dara O’Shea who was his CB partner.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:43am
I thought he looked good in the under-21s playing with Liam Scales. Hard to predict trajectories, eg Jimmy Dunne went to Man Utd as a youth, then Burnley where he played a couple of PL games, now QPR where he is a regular after Masterson fell out of favour playing in his position. The Gillingham return is underwhelming for Masterson but he did very well for them previously when they were in League One, so who knows, he may yet bounce back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 126>
  Share Topic