You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 126>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

cotter is a great athlete but i thought his displays in europe showed up a lot of his weaknesses and showed why rovers were happy to loan him out. hopefully the lad has tied in a 2.5/3 year deal for himself.

Don't think Bradley fancied him tbh plus they had Lyons in the same position - he'll be grand at Barnsley.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 11:59am
It's been a relatively quiet window so far. Who do we really want to see get a move in the next fortnight? Any news on Ronan, Kilkenny, Duffy? Obviously Obafemi is another who probably needs a move, Knight could do with one and a loan move for young Moran from Brighton would be interesting. Coventry is another who needs to move on.

Think these would be the main hopes for moves, any others, any updates on these?
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:02pm
Ferrizaj reportedly training with Spurs in advance of a potential move
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It's been a relatively quiet window so far. Who do we really want to see get a move in the next fortnight? Any news on Ronan, Kilkenny, Duffy? Obviously Obafemi is another who probably needs a move, Knight could do with one and a loan move for young Moran from Brighton would be interesting. Coventry is another who needs to move on.

Think these would be the main hopes for moves, any others, any updates on these?

Wolves reported to be in talks with a MLS club over a transfer for Ronan. They've had other offers for loan with an option to buy too supposedly.

Gary O'Neil says they're monitoring Kilkenny's situation.

Don't see Duffy leaving unless Fulham bring in another CB before cancelling his loan.

Burnley had bids turned down this month for Obafemi.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:37pm
Obafemi will go, barring some big issue.
I'd say if he ends up stuck in Swansea, we may not see much of him for the rest of the season.

I'd like to see Hodge get a decent loan.  He's up to playing at a high level and looks ready-made for a team to snap up.

Ronan to MLS would be underwhelming, but maybe that's just how he's rated.
Would prefer a continental move like Cullen used to his huge benefit.

Festy to get that touted move to the other Seria-A team and get games in would be great.

Others would include Okoflex (looked OK in the few appearances I saw him in - can he play for another team this season tho?), Lawal (playing Lowlands' league is of no benefit at this stage) and the aforementioned Moran (altho may be a bit lightweight?).

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:40pm
Financially Swansea can’t afford to keep Obafemi, I think it’s a matter of when not if 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:43pm
Okoflex is stuck at West Ham unless he moves to a summer I believe. Has already played with two teams this season so can't play for a third unless it's with a team in a summer league.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 12:51pm
Cardiff and Huddersfield are interested in Ronan but Coventry no longer are. Middlesbrough have emerged as strong contenders to sign Ogbene.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Ferrizaj reportedly training with Spurs in advance of a potential move

Shame because I think he'd be an integral player this year for us. He's got massive potential but he's still a bit raw
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Financially Swansea can’t afford to keep Obafemi, I think it’s a matter of when not if 

Owners probably kicking themselves now that they didn't cash in back in August.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:06pm
I'd like to see Ogbene get a love to one of the "big 6" clubs in the Championship that have genuine promotion prospects (Burnley/Sheffield United/Watford/Norwich/West Brom/Middlesbrough are the clubs I mean). Him moving to Swansea or Millwall would be a bit underwhelming really.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd like to see Ogbene get a love to one of the "big 6" clubs in the Championship that have genuine promotion prospects (Burnley/Sheffield United/Watford/Norwich/West Brom/Middlesbrough are the clubs I mean). Him moving to Swansea or Millwall would be a bit underwhelming really.

Rotherham supposedly quoting £2m for a player whose out of contract in June. Wales Online said an unnamed Belgium club were showing interest in him.

Club Brugge apparently but not sure if people were just putting 2+2 together because Brugge were losing a winger and clubs outside England can offer him a pre contract.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Barry Cotter on his way to Barnsley by looks of it. Good move for him after a good season for Pat's.
Rovers getting 20k. Bargain for Barnsley 

Great bit of business for rovers considering they would have released him had no one wanted him anyway.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Rotherham supposedly quoting £2m for a player whose out of contract in June. Wales Online said an unnamed Belgium club were showing interest in him.

Club Brugge apparently but not sure if people were just putting 2+2 together because Brugge were losing a winger and clubs outside England can offer him a pre contract.

Was reading online Ogbene only on £1500 a week, how reliable it is I’m not sure but with a 2mill price tag and low wages someone will be picking up a bargain. Interestingly the same site has Luke McNally earning 17.5k a week from Burnley!! 

Would like to see Ogbene go to Middlesboro 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Barry Cotter on his way to Barnsley by looks of it. Good move for him after a good season for Pat's.
Rovers getting 20k. Bargain for Barnsley 

Great bit of business for rovers considering they would have released him had no one wanted him anyway.
LOL Ok 
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:18pm
Not sure what funny? He wasn't going to be at rovers this season either way.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Not sure what funny? He wasn't going to be at rovers this season either way.
Pats and other clubs were interested, pats made an offer too. No player should be leaving the league for 20k. 
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:29pm
nobody was going to pay 6 figures for barry cotter LOL How many loi clubs have received money for players that wanted gone? Good business by rovers to get something as i said, as well as a sell on clause just incase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 126>
  Share Topic