Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 4:44pm
Dan Cleary has joined Shamrock Rovers having left St Johnstone for family reasons.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 5:16pm
Anthony Forde has joined Wrexham from Oxford.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Anthony Forde has joined Wrexham from Oxford.

That's disappointing, I thought he had signed a contract extension this summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 7:07pm
Wrexham are a League 1 team in terms of budget but are playing two divisions lower than that. They will have offered decent money to a lad who wasn't getting much game time at Oxford.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 8:56pm
I still find it mad that Thomas O'Connor is down there for another season. Having score 5 in 18 from midfield. He turned 23 in the National League and will turn 24 there too. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 10:36pm
Ryan Nolan has signed for Raith Rovers.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 4:09pm
Bray Wanderers goalkeeper Michael Kelly has joined Carlisle. Grimsby keeper James McKeown has signed for Finn Harps.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 3:44pm
Mazeed Ogungbo of Arsenal has gone on loan to Crawley.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 3:49pm
Crawley manager was the Arsenal U23s manager last season and his assistant was the Arsenal U18s manager
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 3:17pm
U19 player Sean Grehan has joined Crystal Palace.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Palace also signed Cormac Austin from Linfield. He's captained NI's under 16 side. 

This is a tweet from his mother, though I think it might be in reference to Ireland v the All Blacks? https://twitter.com/Fionaau71184082/status/1548232710748917761?t=pEDHEhTuWqbPPrr3aFKOlg&s=19

However, lots and lots of tweets and retweets regarding Antrim GAA and St Gall's GAA club and a tweet up about her son with a link to a Twitter handle using the Irish translation of his surname but the page doesn't appear to be active: https://twitter.com/Fionaau71184082/status/1452693489146290188?t=eIeOb0UTfp2cB8oSW9nAXQ&s=19

Edited by Eoink21 - 04 Aug 2022 at 6:06am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Palace also signed Cormac Austin from Linfield. He's captained NI's under 16 side. 

This is a tweet from his mother, though I think it might be in reference to Ireland v the All Blacks? https://twitter.com/Fionaau71184082/status/1548232710748917761?t=pEDHEhTuWqbPPrr3aFKOlg&s=19

However, lots and lots of tweets and retweets regarding Antrim GAA and St Gall's GAA club and a tweet up about her son with a link to a Twitter handle using the Irish translation of his surname but the page doesn't appear to be active: https://twitter.com/Fionaau71184082/status/1452693489146290188?t=eIeOb0UTfp2cB8oSW9nAXQ&s=19

Paddy McCarthy is the one bringing all these lads over so I hear, I think he is the U23s manager,  big Irish contingent at Palace now underage.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 04 Aug 2022 at 7:56am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 8:04am
Well, he's in the right age bracket for the next Under 17 squad and they'll probably have a training camp soon, so he should pick up the phone if he wants to be involved. I'm sure NI will want to call him up at that age group also though.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 8:07am
Also Kofi Balmer, young defender signed from Larne, but he will not be defecting from NI. Cormac Austin might-important to get in early with these boys or they’re lost like Conor Bradley.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:07am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Well, he's in the right age bracket for the next Under 17 squad and they'll probably have a training camp soon, so he should pick up the phone if he wants to be involved. I'm sure NI will want to call him up at that age group also though.

That's it. There is probably a 50/50 mix of Catholics and Protestants in the NI setup, which is reflective of the population. It follows that there are likely to be loads of players with extended family members who have interest in the GAA or Irish rugby; Michael O'Neill played GAA for goodness sake. Not sure what the point is of all this sleuthing, like he's discovered who DB Cooper is or something.

Pretty positive there's a gentleman's agreement that precludes us from approaching their younger players, so they are more than welcome to call us if they're interested. Otherwise we can assume they're happy where they are.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 04 Aug 2022 at 10:19am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That's it. There is probably a 50/50 mix of Catholics and Protestants in the NI setup, which is reflective of the population. It follows that there are likely to be loads of players with extended family members who have interest in the GAA or Irish rugby; Michael O'Neill played GAA for goodness sake. Not sure what the point is of all this sleuthing, like he's discovered who DB Cooper is or something.

Pretty positive there's a gentleman's agreement that precludes us from approaching their younger players, so they are more than welcome to call us if they're interested. Otherwise we can assume they're happy where they are.

Jesus, there's one I haven't heard in a few years. You'll be telling us the GFA is the only reason players from the north are entitled to play for us next.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:24am
Anyways. Moving aside from stalking relatives of NI footballers on social media and back to the purposes of the thread.

Yoyo Mahdy's moved to Olympic Alexandria in the Egyptian second division. Said he'd be happy to play for either us or Egypt. Not likely to be good enough for either.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Anyways. Moving aside from stalking relatives of NI footballers on social media and back to the purposes of the thread.

Yoyo Mahdy's moved to Olympic Alexandria in the Egyptian second division. Said he'd be happy to play for either us or Egypt. Not likely to be good enough for either.
He’s very up and down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 126>
  Share Topic