Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Player Transfers 2019/20/21 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 126>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Stephen Mallon has signed for Cliftonville. Never did much at Bohs due to injury problems mainly but still only 23 so hopefully he can get back to form next season.

He declared for NI back when he initially moved to Bohs.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:33pm
Did the switch actually go through ? He played for NI at under-15, then switched to play for the Republic at several other underage levels. He talked about switching back again a couple of years ago when he went to Bohs but I don’t know if it happened.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:41pm
It makes sense for him to switch back to them, he may never play for them but he certainly has no realistic prospect of an Irish senior cap so NI would be his only hope.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:47pm
Mandroiu gone to Lincoln for 30k, covers the 20k they paid Bohs for him. 

Edited by 9fingers - 04 Jul 2022 at 12:51pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:48pm

Mandroiu to Lincoln for €30k all but done according to Dan McDonnell. Would make him the sixth Irish player in the Lincoln squad, probably the most at any English team.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 Jul 2022 at 12:48pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:01pm
I saw some Shams fans taking the piss out of a supposed 60K fee being touted for him a couple of days ago, ends up going for half that....
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:07pm
Contract up in a few months. Lucky to get anything.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Contract up in a few months. Lucky to get anything.

Release clause unfortunately. Would have got more for him even with the contract expiring
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:30pm
Players/agents as culpable here as anyone. They're always going to try create a scenario that makes it as easy as possible for bigger fish to swoop in with the minimum fuss possible. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:49pm
Probably warrants his own thread by now. Liam Delap has one and he plays for England! Mandroiu has already been called up by the seniors and everything.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 04 Jul 2022 at 1:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:52pm
"The attacker’s performances have moved to another level in Tallaght and he did attract interest from the UK and Europe. Indeed, it’s believed that a Bundesliga club opted against pursuing a move for the player because the departure clause was so small – they effectively wondered if there was a reason he could go so cheaply."

From the Independent.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

"The attacker’s performances have moved to another level in Tallaght and he did attract interest from the UK and Europe. Indeed, it’s believed that a Bundesliga club opted against pursuing a move for the player because the departure clause was so small – they effectively wondered if there was a reason he could go so cheaply."

From the Independent.

So cheaply?? Weird Germans. Why not just scout the guy properly and make up your own mind?? Also scout out the league properly and you'd realise the level of dysfunction when it comes transfer fees, clauses, contracts, etc 

I thought they were thorough?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:28pm
He’s nowhere near good enough to play in the Bundesliga.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Germany has more than one tier 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Germany has more than one tier 

The top tier is referred to as the Bundesliga the second tier is 2. Bundesliga.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Zak Delaney let go by West Brom.

Delaney is currently on a trial at Inverness.

I got to present Zak his man of the match award a few months ago on my stag when he was on loan at Bath CityLOL
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 6:06pm
Robbie Brady signs for Preston on a one year deal.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 7:15pm
Darragh Burns to MK Dons confirmed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 126>
  Share Topic