You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional Midfield Options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional Midfield Options
    Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 10:59am
so from next season on we have Arter to come back in. Plus if Jack Byrne seals his move to Blackburn id expect him to play regularly. There is already Darragh Lenihan at Blackburn, got some game time last year under Lambert. Hourihane will be playing championship football with Barnsley(could possibly move to another championship side). Possibly O'Dowda if he plays well enough or he could also potentially get a move. And there is also Alan Judge to come back into contention. All good options hopefully along with the players already there. If only we had a few promising young strikers coming through we'd be laughing...Clap
Sponsored Links

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 2:09pm
Alan Browne at Preston too....
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 3:07pm
Don't kill me for saying this but apart from Arter the players you are excited about are all championship players, add duffy, keogh, Brady, Hendrick and Murphy from the starting lineup the other night we have a lot of players playing at a low level. A few years ago the argument was we did not have enough players competing in the champions league now the argument is we don't have enough in the premier league which is very worrying.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:05pm
Alan Browne of Preston too.....Josh Cullen might progress even further next year..Had a good loan spell at Bradford last season

Edited by grannyrule - 24 Jun 2016 at 5:06pm
The only way is up
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:07pm
I'd suspect Josh Cullen will at a championship club next season.

I'd love a few more guts to try and play in an EU country ie Germany or France/Spain.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:08pm
browne   byrne  okane  hourihane  d lenihan  and arter  maybe that odowda and  crowley

doherty as left back or right back  and that  williams fellow at bristol city can be the new delaney
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:31pm
Its the striking options that worry me. Keane should retire, and Murphy seems like goals just won't come for him on the international stage. This leaves us currently with Shane Long, and an ageing and increasingly injured Jon Walters. Anthony Stokes' move to Blackburn is a sound one, but he will need to knuckle down, and play well in a savage Championship this season. Kevin Doyle looks like he is out of consideration, while David McGoldrick seems to be more suited to playing off the strikers.

With Arter, O'Kane, Judge, and Pilkington all available, and if Gibson can force his way into Koeman's plans at Everton we should be ok from a midfield point of view. Naturally, I want Brady, Hendrick, and Wes to get PL moves, as they need to be playing PL, while Whelan and McCarthy need to keep starting for their respective Clubs. Im also hopeful that a PL team might take a punt on McGeady. Just a shame Judge's injury prevented that from happening to him.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Don't kill me for saying this but apart from Arter the players you are excited about are all championship players, add duffy, keogh, Brady, Hendrick and Murphy from the starting lineup the other night we have a lot of players playing at a low level. A few years ago the argument was we did not have enough players competing in the champions league now the argument is we don't have enough in the premier league which is very worrying.

Alan Judge could definitely play in the PL and if he didn't break his leg, I've no doubt some clubs would have been in for him over the summer.

Brady is Premiership class which isn't in doubt even if he spends a year in the Championship.

Hendrick is a Premiership player in the making and if Derby are prepared to sell for a reasonable price, he may get his move.

I wouldn't worry about Keogh or Duffy, we've always had players who were lining out in Englands second tier, not to forget both of those would be in the higher tier of defender in the division unlike an Alex Pearce or a Paul McShane.

This is the first time in a long we should be positive with what's coming through or whats in and around the squad. You've Pilkington, McGoldrick, O'Kane, Gibson, Mason, Hogan etc all on the fringes of the squad as genuine options attacking and midfield. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:09am
Just to add to GDs point. We've some bloody excellent goalkeepers also, Rob Elliot, Randolph, Westwood could start week in week out for a lot of PL sides. Below that we've Danny Rogers. Henderson and young defenders like Toner who hopefully gets a chance to shine now in the championship.

And we've left out our next big star, Callum O'Dowda what a player we have in our set up. Will go above and beyond anything Jack Grealish will ever accomplish.

Hopefully we nick Bamford he'd be super to have with Hogan coming into the set up as two new young youthful strikers.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Jun 2016 at 12:10am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:23am
Keepers.

1.Westwood
2.Randolph
3.Elliott
4.Henderson

Defenders
1.Coleman
2.Ward
3.Christie
4.Wilson
5.Duffy
6.Keogh
7.Clark
8.McShane
9.Doherty
10.Cunningham

Midfielders
1.McCarthy
2.Whelan
3.Brady
4.Hoolihan
5.Judge
6.Hendrick
7.Arter
8.Quinn
9.McGeady
10.McClean.
11.O'Kane
12.Meyler
13.Gibson
14.Pilkington

Forwards
1.Long
2.Walters
3.Stokes
4.Murphy
5.McGoldrick

I think they are the primary players who will be in MON's line of vision.

Edited by Het-field - 25 Jun 2016 at 12:24am
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:29am
Think/hope we'll end up getting Bamford while his stock is low - in the next 12 months anyway. That would give us a solid option for the foreseeable future.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:37am
Nathan Redmond is an interesting one, publically announced he'd be interested in representing ourselves or Jamica.. He's now in the championship, it's time we start snapping the heals of these guys. Although Redmond would be a tough one, having Martin O'Neill and Keane will always be a pull factor though. If you look at Redmonds Twitter which he uses daily when we win he'll always pass comment, maybe there is hope.

Bamford is a must in my opinion, he'll eventually settle in the PL and bang them in just hasn't found the right club. He should never of left Boro..

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Jun 2016 at 12:38am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:39am
Id love to get Bamford and Redmond.

Funnily enough, I feel Norwich were relegated in spite of them, along with Hoolahan and Brady.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:42am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Nathan Redmond is an interesting one, publically announced he'd be interested in representing ourselves or Jamica.. He's now in the championship, it's time we start snapping the heals of these guys. Although Redmond would be a tough one, having Martin O'Neill and Keane will always be a pull factor though. If you look at Redmonds Twitter which he uses daily when we win he'll always pass comment, maybe there is hope.

Bamford is a must in my opinion, he'll eventually settle in the PL and bang them in just hasn't found the right club. He should never of left Boro..

Not sure if youve purposely ignored what these players have said. Both redmond and bamford have said they want to play for england. Both these players are 22 and one is currently with chelsea while another is being strongly linked with southampton. I cant see either of them even considering ireland until 
a) they are 24/25
b) they quickly fall down the leagues
c) ireland suddenly become a footballing powerhouse

It alright to say we should be "snapping at the heals of these guys" but the reality is they dont want to play for us until they see 0% chance left with england

"Bamford is a must in my opinion, he'll eventually settle in the PL and bang them in just hasn't found the right club."

Im pretty sure he thinks this about himself as well which is why would he commit to ireland when he could play for england once he settles at a PL team

Edited by Doyler1993 - 25 Jun 2016 at 12:44am
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:50am
Bamford will go to the Championship, has flopped at Norwhich and Palace in the PL so far another bad move could be awful for his career. Bamford may well come good when he's 26/27, it's upto the FAI and MON to convince the guy Ireland is the place for him to place his football at get him to sit down with Aldridge, Keogh, Walters, Christie all English born. Right now and next season Bamford has no England career, he also said he'd play for Ireland. He didn't come out and say 'Here listen I'm never playing for Ireland'. It's upto the FAI and management like we always did to convince such players their future lie in a green jersey and performing at major tournaments with a high profile management set up strengthens our case.

Now Redmond has also said he'd play for Ireland or Jamica, if he had no future with England. Englands team is very young there isn't a lot of places up for grabs. Southampton don't have a manager, I'll wait till they have a manger before I look at their transfer rumours. He's currently in the championship and it's hard to see him getting in the current England set up before Russia, at least. 'So when the time hopefully comes to play international football, I’ll have to decide [between England, Jamaica and the Republic of Ireland' oh and him and Robbie Brady are close pals.

Will Keane totally closed the door, Grealish the same these two haven't.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Jun 2016 at 12:56am
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 12:58am

Redmond is on the verge of joining Southampton..

And someone mentioned young Kev Toner above, unfortunately Villa have signed Tommy Elpick from Bournemouth so there goes Toner's chances next season
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:02am
This thread is very interesting though, I like it
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Coleman esque Coleman esque wrote:

Redmond is on the verge of joining Southampton..

And someone mentioned young Kev Toner above, unfortunately Villa have signed Tommy Elpick from Bournemouth so there goes Toner's chances next season

I just seen the story.. 11m.

How do you know that? Clark will be sold, Richards/Lescott the same id suspect due to their wages. If not you'd imagine he'll be loaned out to a championship club.

I'm also hoping we pinch young Lavery from Everton, great one for the future if he can keep it up.

Edited by SByrne24 - 25 Jun 2016 at 1:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic