Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drunken Idoits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:51am
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

'Dont take me home' is a great song and epitomised my feelings and most others over the course of the 2 weeks and I look forward to singing it going forward Clap

Just because someone else sings a song, who gives a sh*te. Much better than 'Just cant get enough', 'Will Long's on fire' etc etc.

Don't take or send me home or whatever it is really f*cking grated me! The other 2 songs mentioned are bothersome but not nearly as bad imo. I guess everyone has their own favourites and dislikes.
Sponsored Links

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:13am
MODS - any chance we can combine the Flutes, Drunken Idiots and D4 lads on tour into the one thread??

Actually, I just spotted the spelling in the title... What an idoit - deserves to stay as it is.

Edited by eire77 - 29 Jun 2016 at 2:16am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:25am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

MODS - any chance we can combine the Flutes, Drunken Idiots and D4 lads on tour into the one thread??

Actually, I just spotted the spelling in the title... What an idoit - deserves to stay as it is.

There couldn't be a more suitable thread title LOL
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

'Dont take me home' is a great song and epitomised my feelings and most others over the course of the 2 weeks and I look forward to singing it going forward Clap

Just because someone else sings a song, who gives a sh*te. Much better than 'Just cant get enough', 'Will Long's on fire' etc etc.

Don't take or send me home or whatever it is really f*cking grated me! The other 2 songs mentioned are bothersome but not nearly as bad imo. I guess everyone has their own favourites and dislikes.

By the end of the trip I f*cking despised this absolute abomination of a song. The 'x is on fire' muck is bad enough but 'Don't take me home' is in a league of it's own. The fact that the Belgians were singing it non stop in Bordeaux after they'd spanked us 3 nil definitely didn't help.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
eamonn88 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eamonn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Where did this 'dont take me home' song come from?  Never heard it until a couple of weeks ago.

Celtic sang it over 4 years ago re Paddy McCourt

KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:30am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

By the end of the trip I f*cking despised this absolute abomination of a song. The 'x is on fire' muck is bad enough but 'Don't take me home' is in a league of it's own. The fact that the Belgians were singing it non stop in Bordeaux after they'd spanked us 3 nil definitely didn't help.

You could hear the Belgians singing it in the stadium against Hungary too

Welsh, English, Belgian and our fans singing it. A truly universal Euro 16 song

Sure lets sing team of Gary Breens for the 600th time well over a decade since he retired
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:34am

Some amount of whinebags on here. Everyone who went over enjoyed themselves & behaved themselves, who cares what songs they sang or whether it was their first ever game or their 100th game. Some here seem to have a serious superiority issue on ranking fans. At the end of the day everyone was there to support the team, have a few drinks and enjoy the day/weekend/week. Complaining about what colour jersey someone wore or you didn't like the "take me home" song etc is petty crap. You enjoyed yourself, they enjoyed themselves, everyone behaved well and hopefully some who wouldn't normally go to games will now do so. At the end of the day we're all on the same side

Some people just deserve a slap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Which I heard only once at the Sweden game.

every cloud and all that Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Some amount of whinebags on here. Everyone who went over enjoyed themselves & behaved themselves, who cares what songs they sang or whether it was their first ever game or their 100th game. Some here seem to have a serious superiority issue on ranking fans. At the end of the day everyone was there to support the team, have a few drinks and enjoy the day/weekend/week. Complaining about what colour jersey someone wore or you didn't like the "take me home" song etc is petty crap. You enjoyed yourself, they enjoyed themselves, everyone behaved well and hopefully some who wouldn't normally go to games will now do so. At the end of the day we're all on the same side

Get away out of here with your sense and your non-whinging!

Having said that though the Will Griggs song became the vuvzuela of Euro 2016 for me. It seemed to be pretty much sung from minute one to the bitter end of every NI game. They must have at least one other song they can sing? Maybe not. Probably my own fault for watching all their games anyway.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:54am
I have a lot more issue with people sticking "IRA" and "Sinn Fein" into the Fields of Athenry than I do with someone singing an English song one too many times. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:56pm

I read yesterday that only one Irish fan was arrested during the tournament and that was a guy who was arrested for his own safety as he was out of it. That's a brilliant display of good behaviour and they did the country proud.

Agree completely about this idea of ranking Irish fans, it's completely wrong headed. I'd argue that the 1.2m people who watched the Italy and France games on TV are fans too. If you're watching the games and willing the team on, you're a fan in my book.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:57pm
Went back to Brussels after the Italy game,headed to a late night karaoke bar,good few Irish about, my mate from Cork told me to go outside and meet Conor McGregor, so out i went, and there  was this Dublin chap with the identical beard , tatoos  etc, he was chatting to a few fans,i joined in the conversation,told him that i lived abroad etc, he then started with the McGregor speech, " if you want anything in life bad enough,you can achieve it, it doesn't matter what line of buisness you are in, if you put your head down and believe it, you will achieve it"-the chap actually believes he is the real deal,

So i ask him what he does for a lving .....

He Replies '" I'm a bin man "
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:20pm
My top 5 idiots Abroad:

1) The lad who threw the beer bottle high up in the air and cut a French guy in the face and gave him a black eye
2) The lads singing 10 German bombers / McClean hates the Queen
3) Lads p1ssing literally everywhere..... outside is fine, but not on somebodys door way or shop front
4)  Lads lighting bangers when France was under code red
5) Lads been left lying under bus shelters / doorways - leave no soldier behind

99% of the fans are great craic 

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I read yesterday that only one Irish fan was arrested during the tournament and that was a guy who was arrested for his own safety as he was out of it. That's a brilliant display of good behaviour and they did the country proud.

Agree completely about this idea of ranking Irish fans, it's completely wrong headed. I'd argue that the 1.2m people who watched the Italy and France games on TV are fans too. If you're watching the games and willing the team on, you're a fan in my book.

Just to clarify, I don't agree at all with any sort of ranking of Irish fans. There are some people who go to more games than others and may actually have much less interest in the team and its results. life, money etc. can get in the way of a lot of lifelong fans making some or any games. I think people often discount that way too much when they talk about how many games they've attended over the previous few years. It doesn't necessarily correlate to how much a certain fan cares about the Irish team.

Also, the biggest point to come out of all of this is that the Irish fans reputation abroad has been enhanced again. That can only ever be a good thing. It's great that with so many people over there we had so few issues with the police etc. 

On the songs which I did moan about, it's just when you're over there for a good while and you hear the same thing again and again, it can really grate. I didn't really like the don't send me home song the first time I heard it so by the millionth time it just hadn't grown on me. Everyone will like some songs more than others, each to their own on that. I do love a good moan though LOL LOL
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:24pm
So basically it is the exact same feedback as from 4 years ago.

Great numbers, mostly well behaved, great press, a large bandwagon, some drunken fools,  and awful songs. Throw in the offensive flags this time round. Then again, we could probably say all this about 88 and 90 too.

It really is a pity none of these lads will be near LR, never mind the LoI, but back into it if we qualify in 4 years.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:55pm
On the flip side if only lads who go to LOI games went it'd be fairly dull fare.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 5:59pm

On the flip side if only lads who go to LOI games went it'd be fairly dull fare.

They'd be going around calling everyone barstoolers in their Burberry hats etc...

Actually, your most likely meet them with in Nice or Marseilles.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:07pm

Not what Spurs fans and management and police said about Rovers fans that night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic