You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Railway Strikes at Euro 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:03pm
Bunch of b'tards. Deffo going on my nofly list for the future so they can plan without my business Cry
No passengers no jobs Mr & Mrs Air France Pilots.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160609/whats-the-latest-on-the-planned-air-france-pilots-strike

Air France says it will inform the Prime Minster of disruption to the football tournament and European football chiefs UEFA have asked Air France to ensure that all referees can get at least get to the matches.
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:09pm
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-09/air-france-s-looming-strike-called-destructive-by-klm-unit

Air France has said it will announce mid-morning Friday what percentage of flights will be canceled for Saturday, assuming no agreement has been reached by then. Other airlines including EasyJet Plc and Ryanair Holdings Plc have boosted planned flights into France during the soccer tournament, which lasts a month. KLM said Thursday it will rebook passengers affected by the strike to other airlines free of charge, and devote as many seats as possible to flights to France.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:17pm
The 1155 dub - Paris on sat is by city jet and is unaffected by air France strike action
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:36pm
Internal flight from Paris and Bordeaux on the 14th.

Pain in my hoop with all of this now.

If this flight is cancelled, can I get the next available flight or a refund?

Edited by horsebox - 09 Jun 2016 at 4:42pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:41pm
I have a train ticket for sale for 20euro horsebox if that suits? Departs Paris at 14:01. Can email it to you
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hb Think they are with HOP are they not so should be unaffected ?

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:53pm
AF pilots rejected the proposed deal so strikes are going ahead
wexico90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexico90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:54pm
My flight from Glasgow early Monday morning is likely to be cancelled with the strike. Air France have said they cannot allocate me onto another flight until they have confirmation the strike will go ahead. I have provisionally booked an easyjet flight at 10.50am on Monday. Am I leaving it to late to get to the game? Mind you I will have to check in to the hotel and all before I head to the stadium.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by wexico90 wexico90 wrote:

My flight from Glasgow early Monday morning is likely to be cancelled with the strike. Air France have said they cannot allocate me onto another flight until they have confirmation the strike will go ahead. I have provisionally booked an easyjet flight at 10.50am on Monday. Am I leaving it to late to get to the game? Mind you I will have to check in to the hotel and all before I head to the stadium.

depends where you are staying but should have plenty of time to get to a 18h kick off
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 5:02pm

some of the bin men unions are on strike too, so if anyone is staying in the following arrondissements then you'll encounter a septic amount of rubbish...2nd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 17th, and 20th

wexico90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexico90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 5:04pm
We are staying at the Palace Hotel near 10th ARR. About an hour drive from Paris CDG in rush hour traffic and then about a 30min drive to the stadium. I imagine the traffic will be a lot heavier on the game day so it is quiet worrying. I also noticed today a lot of flights from Dublin and Glasgow were delayed by an hour or more which doesnt look too promising. I dont think ill be able to relax until I get into the stadium. Cry
StayPuft View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayPuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by StayPuft StayPuft wrote:

I've a flight booked through Air France on Sunday but it's operated by Cityjet. I'm guessing that should be ok?

City Jet should be okay.

Just seen this on their website. 
'If your flight is planned "operated by KLM", or any other partner airline, the call for strike will not affect your journey.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hb Think they are with HOP are they not so should be unaffected ?

HB you are probably like me, the Paris - Bordeaux is with Air France Angry the Bordeaux Lille is with HOP
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:45am
So is the rail strike going ahead on the 14th do we know at this time? Or is the decision be made yet?
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:47am
French government might force the workers back to work. hollande and valls will make a call on it over the weekend.

With strikes spilling over in to Euro 2016 and threatening to cause chaos around the opening match, the French government has vowed to do whatever it takes to ensure the tournament runs smoothly and that could mean forcing strikers back to work on the trains.
The French government says it is ready, if necessary, to force rail strikers back to work, to ensure Euro 2016 does not descend into travel chaos and fans are unable to get to the grounds.

On Wednesday French President Francois Hollande had said he was ready to take "all necessary measures" to ensure rolling transport strikes don't disrupt the smooth running of the month-long Euro 2016 football extravaganza.

"I will be paying close attention tomorrow and if decisions need to be made, they will be made," Hollande said Thursday on the eve of the tournament's opening match between France and Romania.

Rail workers have threatened fresh strike action on Friday on the lines serving Paris' Stade de France where the kick-off game will take place in front of 80,000 fans, if they can reach the stadium that is.

"Rest assured that public services will be provided and that the state will assume its full responsibilities," the president told reporters in his heartland of Tulle in the Correze.

Speculation had been rising that the Hollande and his Prime Minister Valls were prepared to put into a controversial measure that effectively forces strikers to return to work.

The 2003 law for the "requisition of personnel" was controversially used by former president Nicolas Sarkozy back in 2010 in a bid to end a crippling fuel strike.

While neither Hollande nor Valls have specifically talked of "requisitions", the government's transport minister Alain Vidalies confirmed that "requisition" orders would be used if necessary.

Vidalies told Europe1 radio that the government would use "every tool available" to get fans to matches and "if we have to issue orders tomorrow (for trains to be driven) we will do so".

He also ruled out any new negotiations with workers who have been striking for 10 days and warned the authorities would show "no tolerance of actions that threaten the big celebration."

"The strike has no meaning anymore," he added.The four-yearly football tournament comes as France is grappling with unresolved strikes over the government's controversial labour reforms.

johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:15am
Are the strikes only on certain days or will they be continuous? I see the 14th mentioned a lot, but we're not heading to Bordeaux till the 16th.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 1:00pm
Now the f**king Belgians are going on strike.... Could result in cancellations in trains from Amsterdam to Paris. Similar strike a few months back resulted in most of such trains being cancelled
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Now the f**king Belgians are going on strike.... Could result in cancellations in trains from Amsterdam to Paris. Similar strike a few months back resulted in most of such trains being cancelled

When is this strike due to take place?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic