You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Railway Strikes at Euro 2016?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 1:14pm
The Belgian train strike has been ongoing for a couple of weeks.
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:21pm
 http://www.airfrance.ie/IE/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news_air_traffic_air_france.htm

This is not good it appears people like myself travelling this route with city jet will be affected too!!Angry
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

http://www.airfrance.ie/IE/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news_air_traffic_air_france.htm

This is not good it appears people like myself travelling this route with city jet will be affected too!!Angry

Thought Cityjet customers weren't affected by the strikes?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
B Corrigan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Corrigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:28pm
Any idea if there is any of the trains from Paris to Bordeaux affected?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

It doesn't mention Cityjet flights, in the unaffected flights. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

It doesn't mention Cityjet flights, in the unaffected flights. 

Have spent half the fooking day onto Air France, flights operated by Cityjet or other partner airlines are definitely not impacted.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:53pm
That's brill cheers thanks 69er
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:15pm

No bother. I'm on a pure Air France one, waiting to see if it's f**king cancelled.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

No bother. I'm on a pure Air France one, waiting to see if it's f**king cancelled.

A mate at work was booked to fly to Marseille via Amsterdam for the England game. His flight was cancelled but Air France re-routed him via Paris to Toulon. Think you need to not take "no" for an answer of you are on to them. They told my mate there were no flights and they would refund him, mate had done his homework and found other connections so told them they were wrong !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

A mate at work was booked to fly to Marseille via Amsterdam for the England game. His flight was cancelled but Air France re-routed him via Paris to Toulon. Think you need to not take "no" for an answer of you are on to them. They told my mate there were no flights and they would refund him, mate had done his homework and found other connections so told them they were wrong !

Already on it, just waiting for the cancellation to be confirmed. Have a contingency in place.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Already on it, just waiting for the cancellation to be confirmed. Have a contingency in place.

Thumbs Up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 5:15pm
Biarritz Train canned .
Our train to Biarritz has been canned on the 14th as the strike bites .
Check your messages as the french trains just mailed us 10 minutes ago .
You "may " be able to get on another train but not sure what the craic is best just turn up and see what happens . 
Will be all over this one on Tuesday best of luck lads .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shhickey View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shhickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 6:02pm
Man my train from Paris to Bordeaux on Tuesday has just been cancelled. Disaster. Whats the plan? Do we get a refund? Make other plans or head to the train station?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Shhickey Shhickey wrote:

Man my train from Paris to Bordeaux on Tuesday has just been cancelled. Disaster. Whats the plan? Do we get a refund? Make other plans or head to the train station?
Now all over for us  but anyone on here get a refund ?
We got one but failed to use it 3 times as it was the wrong company ( cheap version on TGV , IPRO or something like that ) got 20% extra from them also but would have been handy if we got our money back as a voucher is worth Jack to me   .
Anyone managed to use theirs ????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 7:36am
Still waiting for air france to cover the cost of my rail ticket from paris to bordeaux after my flight was cancelled
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 8:18am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Still waiting for air france to cover the cost of my rail ticket from paris to bordeaux after my flight was cancelled

Do you think you will have any luck ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 4:19pm
Well, if the cost of the flight refund covers the cost of the train ticket, why should they pay more?

I'd understand that they should pay the difference (e.g. if the train was 70 euro but the flight only 40 euro) but not the full cost of the train ticket along with the refund.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 4:26pm
im not looking for a refund on my airline ticket the way i  look at it i Paid Air france E40 to fly from Paris to Bordeaux through no fault of my own the only available option for me to travel to Bordeaux on june 14th was by purchasing a 2nd class train ticket for E96. I just want them to refund the E96 not the E40 plus E96 . 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 05 Jul 2016 at 4:27pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic