You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 285>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:46am
anyone else clock the langer in mid “ leg break agony” taking a look at the ref to see if he’d got a pen and leahy sent off? Caulfield screaming at the St. John’s to get stretchers on, they take out the oxygen etc., and then cheating acting langer **** gets up and walks off the pitch! Him and Bennett having a good ol laugh then when he jogs on at the restart. Chaps a f**king handbag.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:03am
If Leahy took then Cork lad out with a knee high tackle then I could absolutely understand the pen claims, but he didn’t, the cork lad swings pretty wildly for the ball & ends up kicking Leahy boot before giving an Oscar worthy performance on the deck. It’s 50-50 tackle in my book and Leahy wins it clearly and early. 

Leahy will learn from this hopefully, giving the ref/linesman/prick behind the goal something to think about is a dangerous game in this league with the quality of officials available. 
He’s had an excellent season and I’d (sadly) fully expect him to be gone next season. 

As KL says, if we’re gonna get to the Aviva we’re gonna do it the hard way

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

in my opinion it's not a pen, Letter of the law it is. Correct decision 

Letter of the law says out of control, reckless or with excessive force. I doubt believe it's any of those. McCarthy actually kicks Leahy as Leahy got their first. If McCarthy had got there first then it's s clear pen but he didn't. 

It was careless 

I agree. That's not reckless though.

the rules say that careless play is a free kick/pen?

Edit - All here for you, you've misread the rules, it's a caution for control/reckless/excessive force, none for careless but still a foul.

Edited by nvidic - 02 Oct 2018 at 8:22am
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

wasn’t a tackle, he slid in to clear the ball and langer ran in and kicked leahy, injuring himself. I’m not disputing leahy was wrong to slide in btw, he left himself open to that decision by doing so but he’s a kid he’ll learn. Ref or lino weren’t giving it and they had a good view also.

Exactly. Few usual suspects who have no clue about the game posting. Can only assume they've never played it. Leahy got the ball first and it was McCarthy following through as he attempted to kick the ball that resulted in his injury. One of those things but anyone suggesting that's a clear pen is an idiot. 

I broke a bone in my foot years ago going for a ball that a defender got a touch on just before I got there and I ended up kicking his studs. No foul despite the fact I had to go off and that was the correct decision. Accidents happen on the football pitch sometimes, was embarrassing listening to Caulfield trying to justify it by saying McCarthy had a gash on his leg.

As you say, the ref and the lino both had a clear view, looked and didn't give it. You're supposed to be certain before you give a pen, no way can anyone argue that was definite without a serious bias. Even Dave Barry didn't think it was.

Embarrassing comments.

What so because a poster has a different opinion to yours they in turn "don't have a clue" ?

d69 writes a blog so yes we all don't have a clue. BTW the blog is sh*te Big smile
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:37am

It's interesting to see a debate about the incident so don't mind the name calling lads. 
Leahy went to ground/slid in order to try and get to the ball ahead of McCarthy. If they both stayed on their feet, McCarthy probably would have got there first and Leahy could have tried to match his run towards the byline or stood him up. McCarthy had committed to taking his touch and his eyes appear to be on the ball so he didn't instigate the contact or buy the foul IMO. I reckon as Leahy knew he was getting there second, he rushed in and went to ground with his studs up. First contact on the ball was his but he still went through McCarthy at around knee height. I'm sure that it wasn't deliberate but that is 100% a foul in the modern game like it or not. 

El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

wasn’t a tackle, he slid in to clear the ball and langer ran in and kicked leahy, injuring himself. I’m not disputing leahy was wrong to slide in btw, he left himself open to that decision by doing so but he’s a kid he’ll learn. Ref or lino weren’t giving it and they had a good view also.

Exactly. Few usual suspects who have no clue about the game posting. Can only assume they've never played it. Leahy got the ball first and it was McCarthy following through as he attempted to kick the ball that resulted in his injury. One of those things but anyone suggesting that's a clear pen is an idiot. 

I broke a bone in my foot years ago going for a ball that a defender got a touch on just before I got there and I ended up kicking his studs. No foul despite the fact I had to go off and that was the correct decision. Accidents happen on the football pitch sometimes, was embarrassing listening to Caulfield trying to justify it by saying McCarthy had a gash on his leg.

As you say, the ref and the lino both had a clear view, looked and didn't give it. You're supposed to be certain before you give a pen, no way can anyone argue that was definite without a serious bias. Even Dave Barry didn't think it was.

Embarrassing comments.

What so because a poster has a different opinion to yours they in turn "don't have a clue" ?

d69 writes a blog so yes we all don't have a clue. BTW the blog is sh*te Big smile

Not all. Certainly yourself though.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
they’re giving us 500 tickets,
bus@bohemians.ie to book a lift 20€ return. 3 buses filling up fast book it with this email. 12th man!!!Clap
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm

bus@bohemians.ie to book a lift 20€ return. 3 buses filling up fast book it with this email. 12th man!!!Clap

Might only be a rule in England but are they not obliged to give you 10% for a cup tie?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

If Leahy took then Cork lad out with a knee high tackle then I could absolutely understand the pen claims, but he didn’t, the cork lad swings pretty wildly for the ball & ends up kicking Leahy boot before giving an Oscar worthy performance on the deck. It’s 50-50 tackle in my book and Leahy wins it clearly and early. 

Leahy will learn from this hopefully, giving the ref/linesman/prick behind the goal something to think about is a dangerous game in this league with the quality of officials available. 
He’s had an excellent season and I’d (sadly) fully expect him to be gone next season. 

As KL says, if we’re gonna get to the Aviva we’re gonna do it the hard way

That's the main thing to take from this, and as you said, Leahy will learn from this.

Agree with Saint Tom, I don't think it was a peno, but by the laws of the game, it is. However much I disagree with this law in particular.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Might only be a rule in England but are they not obliged to give you 10% for a cup tie?

Don’t think we’ll bring more on a Monday night anyway but apparently the guards decide on how much segregation is needed
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 5:44pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 5:48pm
Kelly is a huge loss Cry
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Kelly is a huge loss Cry

Massive, been hugely important to how we've played on this run. Casey's booking was for the aftermath of the pen and all, didn't look like he was OTT disputing it but there you go.....
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:50pm
that card for Casey was disgraceful he walked over and spoke to that prick Rogers and he flashed the yellow, little f**kin hitler
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:00pm

that card for Casey was disgraceful he walked over and spoke to that prick Rogers and he flashed the yellow, little f**kin hitler
A good fenian ref doing the tans Clap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:19pm
your cup final?Clown
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:34pm

your cup final?Clown
But you blew yours LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:46pm
never engage with the village idiot,silly me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 285>
  Share Topic