You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 285>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 11:06am
Any of you that go to Dalymount regularly would probably be familiar with Cillian Kenny, the little lad with the walking frame who's always up at the barriers in the Jodi roaring his heart out. I don't know this lad's family personally but as they're part of the Bohs family we'd often say hello as we pass up at Dalyer. Seeing this little fella's passion and support for the team and how he doesn't let his many challenges take the smile off his face is really inspirational. It's also been heartwarming to see him progress over the last couple of years with the help of this fund but the next couple of years will be vital to his development. I know there's lots of worthy charities to donate to, especially at this time of year, but if anyone wasn't sure where to send their Christmas donations then trust me, this is a really brilliant cause for a really brilliant kid. Even if people can't donate, if they could share this on Facebook / Twitter it could make a big difference to his future. Thanks and Happy Christmas.

https://www.gofundme.com/30sasy0
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 10:26am
Good shout, I see the donations are coming in,grand little lad I hope they achieve the necessary total,👍
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 7:39pm
5k target has been surpassed,a great bit of fundraising for a great little kid! Massive donations from the bohs family as expected but a big well done to the hoops fans who handed over a nice amount too,well done folks some things trancend petty rivalries,merry christmas to you all!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:46pm
I see the FAI aren't putting any money into Dalymount despite attempting to Make it look like they were.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...park-1.2923540
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm

A real kick in the teeth for the whole thing.

I was under the impression that Dublin City Council were loaded from property tax, the FAI would be contributing host money from Euro 2020 and there`d be governemnt grants. I thought that would at least get a main stand up and a pitch in by 2020.

By the looks of that it`ll meander on for years like Tallaght did.

It`s really amazing how the GAA can throw up an E80M, 50,000 capacity stadium in Cork in less than 2 years but the FAI are looking likely to fail to build a 10,000 seater in any reasonable time frame.

Edited by Bitored - 04 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

A real kick in the teeth for the whole thing.

I was under the impression that Dublin City Council were loaded from property tax, the FAI would be contributing host money from Euro 2020 and there`d be governemnt grants. I thought that would at least get a main stand up and a pitch in by 2020.

It`s really amazing how the GAA can throw up an E80M, 50,000 capacity stadium in Cork in less than 2 years but the FAI are looking likely to fail to build a 10,000 seater in any reasonable time frame.

This will never cease to annoy me.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:39pm

Tallaght might have meandered on for years but not in the way you suggest.

When the council finally got control of the stadium, phase one was completed in less than a year, a second stand followed a few months later, and a third will be built soon enough.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

When the council finally got control of the stadium, phase one was completed in less than a year, a second stand followed a few months later, and a third will be built soon enough.
The plans were announced in 1996. It opened in 2009.
The 3rd stand will be built over 20 years since the intial plans.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:57pm

<div abp="786">http://www.newstalk.com/Dublin-City-Council-seek-government-funding-for-Dalymount-Park-redevelopment<p abp="788">A real kick in the teeth for the whole thing.

<div abp="789">I was under the impression that Dublin City Council were loaded from property tax, the FAI would be contributing host money from Euro 2020 and there`d be governemnt grants. I thought that would at least get a main stand up and a pitch in by 2020.<div abp="790"> <div abp="791">By the looks of that it`ll meander on for years like Tallaght did.<div abp="792"> <div abp="793">It`s really amazing how the GAA can throw up an E80M, 50,000 capacity stadium in Cork in less than 2 years but the FAI are looking likely to fail to build a 10,000 seater in any reasonable time frame.<div abp="794"> 
2 years? They are talking about doing up puc since the 80s. The FAI aren't building anything. This is an overreaction
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:58pm

<br abp="813"><div abp="814">By the looks of that it`ll meander on for years like Tallaght did.
<br abp="815"><br abp="816">Tallaght might have meandered on for years but not in the way you suggest.<br abp="817"><br abp="818">When the council finally got control of the stadium, phase one was completed in less than a year, a second stand followed a few months later, and a third will be built soon enough.<br abp="819">

Blame your beloved agribigots
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:27pm

Yes but not down to any ineptitude from the FAI or SDCC.

It was delayed because the initial plans were a front for property developers, who never found a way to make money from the project, and then it was delayed by a GAA court case.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 2:28am
The Cork GAA analogy epitomises the two organisations perfectly - one professional, forward looking and progressive. The other is the FAI
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:50am
I'm no fan of the FAI but why do the FAI need to build stadiums? it's not the responsibility of the FAI to build a ground for each club in the country.

DCC now own the ground and presumably will run the ground, not the FAI.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 9:03am
In fairness the way it was announced at the time the impression given was that the ground was being built with financial input from the FAI and the DCC. Now it seems like the only thing the FAI is creating is the atmosphere for the DCC to build a stadium. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 9:51am
The corpo might not want the FAI sticking their oar in.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

The Cork GAA analogy epitomises the two organisations perfectly - one professional, forward looking and progressive. The other is the FAI
Have a look at the people's Republic of Cork forum about what the locals think of the Gah and this project. Casement Park...

Delaney dropped a bollock here and is being put back in his box but let's not rewrite history here
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

In fairness the way it was announced at the time the impression given was that the ground was being built with financial input from the FAI and the DCC. Now it seems like the only thing the FAI is creating is the atmosphere for the DCC to build a stadium. 
I recall the opposite. Was there not a discussion on here where people asked what the FAI were bringing to the party?
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Have a look at the people's Republic of Cork forum about what the locals think of the Gah and this project. Casement Park...

Delaney dropped a bollock here and is being put back in his box but let's not rewrite history here

I'll give the peoples republic of cork forum a skip if it's ok. Of course some people will always have gripes about location, design etc.

But my main point still stands - the GAA do facilities well because they know the value of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 285>
  Share Topic