You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 285>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 5:20pm
Time will be kind , gave us some brilliant days 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sponsored Links

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 5:41pm
Terrible call getting rid of leith long, so many players moved last season and he had to start new, a lot of bohs fans will be unhappty about keith going, best of luck keith you done a great job with bohs, and had some great nights
With you as manager, working on a low budget and you done a great job with the younger players
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 5:42pm
Absolutely abject last night. The definition of a middle table side this year.

There's nothing as unexciting in football as mediocrity. You would nearly prefer average players giving their all in a dog fight
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 6:46pm
that was Keith’s problem I feel, capable of overachieving with average players and kids but lost when the money arrived.
No Pasaran!
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
I'll be sad to see him go.

A decent man who did plenty of good work for our club under less than ideal circumstances. I hope he lands on his feet (without the decision biting us on the arse)

Where do we go from here?
https://www.orourkeda.blog

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Absolutely abject last night. The definition of a middle table side this year.

There's nothing as unexciting in football as mediocrity. You would nearly prefer average players giving their all in a dog fight

At the same time, I'd take mid table mediocrity over relegation threatened every day.

I don't think the club could go much higher without significant investment. The trailer trash and Dundalk are miles ahead of us.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:25am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

that was Keith’s problem I feel, capable of overachieving with average players and kids but lost when the money arrived.

Very few managers stay at a club as long as he did. Brought back some great talent from the UK, and brought through some great talent from academy, most of which have gone. The endless cycle of trying to rebuild squads with quality was always going to come to an end. His recent signings, even going back to last season, have been nowhere near good enough. For every Georgie, Burt and Coote (although he's been poor this season), there's been several players brought in in every window who are nowhere near good enough.

I'd imagine nearly every fan wanted him to succeed, but it wasn't to be. Still a club legend IMO.

Keeping Croly and Detser on seems to suggest that no one was lined up to take over. Clancy would have been the perfect replacement but he's set up at Pats now. Kevin Doherty (a real Shels man according to himself) is the most likely choice with the job he's doing at Drogheda but I think the club is set up to aim higher. The likes of Doherty and Ian Ryan just have echoes of hiring Long back in 2014.

Anyone suggesting Vinny Perth needs to give their head a wobble. More likely to fall out with all his players than challenge for a title.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:23am
Would agree on Vinny Perth, he was sat in front of me on Monday night. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 7:56am
Liam Buckley?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 8:32am
He'll inevitably be shortlisted and could be good in the short-term but I think he'd be a very short-term appointment.

It was a bit telling that Sligo kept on his assistant after they got rid of him.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 9:21am
Eamon Ryan an early front runner for the Bohs job
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:34pm
Roddy from Annamoe must be in the running Big smile
Glen of Aherlow View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen of Aherlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Eamon Ryan an early front runner for the Bohs job

Has Gerry Adams ruled himself out ?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:00pm
Gutted and reckon We will regret it if we did let him go and it wasn't 50 50

We could've throne this league under the bus and concentrated on the cup

Then get into the new professional setup next season and give him and them a go at it. I think he deserved it. And we could've seen our way out of the trees

I can't think of another manager who maintained such respect and class, and fighting spirit 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:45am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Then get into the new professional setup next season and give him and them a go at it. I think he deserved it. And we could've seen our way out of the trees

I can't think of another manager who maintained such respect and class, and fighting spirit 

Ya could have what now?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:11am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

We could've thrown this league under the bus and concentrated on the cup

Ya could have what now?

what dya mean?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ya could have what now?

King Keith !
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:43am
Make a Game of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 285>
  Share Topic