You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 285>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
He was developing nicely the previous season but his progress seemed to stall at Waterford. 

Twardek will add much needed pace to the attack.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 5:03pm
ah lunney is a good player, very good first spell with us and played well last game in dalier for the blues, delighted he’s back. Him, Bucko,Tierney and Levingston a great choice any two for cm. Squad looking almost there 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 5:09pm
Business being done early too which is a positive.

They must rate Maguresan very highly to give him another contract.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:25pm
What's the craic with Dalyer?

With the corpo talking bout building a 22 Million kiddie pool in the IFSC, is this going to have any effect on the plans for Dalyer?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:37pm
TC, are you serious?? It’ll take at least another three to four years for this.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Yes, I'm serious, I won't joke around about the Dalyer development, looking forward to it, the shed is a terrible place to watch a game of football, and there's a bit of hype growing behind the derby these days, both clubs can benefit from this hype and a decent Dalyer will help that a lot.

I'm just wondering if that money they're spending on the rafting could not be better spent on Dalyer.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Yes, I'm serious, I won't joke around about the Dalyer development, looking forward to it, the shed is a terrible place to watch a game of football, and there's a bit of hype growing behind the derby these days, both clubs can benefit from this hype and a decent Dalyer will help that a lot.

I'm just wondering if that money they're spending on the rafting could not be better spent on Dalyer.

Course it would but no doubt some gobsh1te consultant went white water rafting on a team bonding trip and has now presented this white elephant, sorry white water pool as a great amenity for Dublin 1.

Sure outside of Dalyer, there's nothing else in North inner city Dublin that could use an injection of €22m. Not to mention the fact that this, was costed at €12m only 3 months ago.  

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 29 Nov 2019 at 10:22am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Some great business there. Lunney and Twardek should add a lot.

Kris Twardek is an odd one. He had a ok start to the season, disappeared in the middle then had a strong last 10 games or so. 

Positives are he is very fit, works hard and will get balls in the box. Negatives are he never gets his head up, defensively could be stronger and crosses are hit and miss. Expect plenty of step overs.

Buckley and most Rovers fans would have liked to see him sign again. I know he was offered a decent contract in the Showgrounds and was close to signing, but Bohs offered more. Are Bohs still 'part time' of are they upping their budget this season. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 29 Nov 2019 at 12:02pm
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
still part time but the euro money has upped the budget a fair bit.
Not silly money mind you but increases in membership and season sales have been very good. Possibly no general sale tickets next season.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:43pm
So is keith long the only one involved with the first team thats full time?
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

So is keith long the only one involved with the first team thats full time?

To my knowledge he's not completely full time but as opposed to having a full time job and being a part time football manager in the evening probably more the other way where he's mostly a full time manager but still think he has some slight commitments to his job, which is a decent enough job by all accounts.

I'd imagine we won't go proper full time until the new Dalyer. 3600 capacity just isn't enough, we have plans for some sort of training centre/academy too so once those two major infrastrucural projects happen then going full time will be next. 

Part time suited us throughout the years. Being part time suited Supple, Mulcahy, Ev McMillan etc. I suppose on the other hand we've lost Roberto Lopes, probably Darragh Leahy, Dan Kelly etc because of it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:14pm
The hills in the goalmouths are no more! LOL

And Glen McAuley signs, ex Liverpool. Potentially a top addition Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:57pm
Ordered the New Jersey for my godson and nephew in Clare.  

Any idea when they are likely to be dispatched as I see it's a pre order  
AKA pedantic kunt
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As far as I can see the first batch of orders were dispatched yesterday (and that looked to be about 6 boxes full of kit) so I think they're on top of things. DHL are the sponsors for delivery and there's a serious teams of volunteers processing the orders too. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As far as I can see the first batch of orders were dispatched yesterday (and that looked to be about 6 boxes full of kit) so I think they're on top of things. DHL are the sponsors for delivery and there's a serious teams of volunteers processing the orders too. 

I take it O'Neills outlets will be stocking it? Was in one this morning and they were still punting last seasons at full whack. When asked staff about new jersey they didnt have a clue. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:39am
don’t buy it from them direct we get nothing then Cry
Club shop online and we get a cutClap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:40am
seems paddy Kirk is re signing, delighted with that if true.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
Leahy officially goes to Dundalk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 285>
  Share Topic