Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 285>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:28am
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:02am
Fudser   
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:45am
Looking forward to see Bohs tonight in Terryland
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:14am
Another 6 pointer tonight
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Fudser   

He's a great youngfella. Terrific again on Tuesday night and last Friday out in Bray. Keep it up young man!Clap
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:11pm
KL got it spot on tonight,overcame the injuries and suspension with a well fought win,2 super goals the second goal of the season contender,well done the gypsies!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:01pm

KL got it spot on tonight,overcame the injuries and suspension with a well fought win,2 super goals the second goal of the season contender,well done the gypsies!!
 Yep the 2nd goal was super i must say . I thinks Bohs played very well as the away side now they hung in there in the 2nd half as Galway had a real go .
Hey enjoy your trip home 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:25am
Great win. Long is finding his best 11 - fudser, Dinny, Ward and Poynton all must starts when fit and available. Need to follow it up against Drogs next week to put real breathing room between us and the danger zone

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 27 May 2017 at 2:26am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 12:11pm
Bohs asking their members to donate to player fund - sad reflection on the league as a whole that clubs need to resort to this.

Dear members and fellow supporters,

As a club, we have overcome great hurdles over the past decade. As we all know, the effect of the property crash and economic downturn came close to putting us out of business.

After a number of tough seasons where members and supporters dug deep on numerous occasions to keep the show on the road, we collectively saved our club, reduced our multi-million euro debt to a manageable amount and have secured Dalymount Park as our home for future generations.

Thanks to the endeavours of our members and a small but dedicated body of volunteers, we have every reason to be optimistic about our long-term future.

However, the decision to reduce the Premier Division from 12 teams to 10 next season presents everyone in the division with a fresh challenge.

Despite the constraints of prudence, Keith Long and his team have continued to punch above their weight over the past two-and-a-half seasons.

To give Keith the best possible chance at continuing that, we, as a group of members and supporters, are establishing a fans’ fund to supplement the playing budget.

With the transfer window opening on July 1, we ask those who feel they are in a position to donate to give what they can and as soon as possible to maximise the fund’s potential.

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
Weve been digging deep for at least 10 years now,the present board have been running the club in budget and paying off outstanding creditors.unfortunately with the billy big bolloxes voting for three down after our budget was agreed and spent it seems we need an extra 10k or so to try staying up.id be amazed if bohs were the only ones feeling nervous and deciding to try and bring in one or two extra lads.hopefully one,two or even 3 of those who wanted this go down,now that would be sweet indeed.our budget btw is paltry,so kl has been working miracles to be where we are.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 6:00pm

Weve been digging deep for at least 10 years now,the present board have been running the club in budget and paying off outstanding creditors.unfortunately with the billy big bolloxes voting for three down after our budget was agreed and spent it seems we need an extra 10k or so to try staying up.id be amazed if bohs were the only ones feeling nervous and deciding to try and bring in one or two extra lads.hopefully one,two or even 3 of those who wanted this go down,now that would be sweet indeed.our budget btw is paltry,so kl has been working miracles to be where we are.

We can't base our season now on hoping Dinny stays fit and begging dundalk to let us keep Poynton longer. Need a couple more players to compete. We are operating and surviving on peanuts as it stands.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 6:34pm

I fail to see what difference that would make, surely this is little more than mismanagement? 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I fail to see what difference that would make, surely this is little more than mismanagement? 

We have probably the smallest operating budget in the league. To be where we are now, with 23 points from 18 games, is punching above our weight from a financial perspective, but there are a handful of teams down the bottom I think we've a better squad than. I think we benefit from the fact that we don't have to pay a premium for players to move an hour or two outside Dublin, but we have a better squad than we should be able to afford. Occasionally we strike gold with players that other Dublin clubs with more resources don't want, like Dinny coming back, who in my opinion is a better player than Kurtis Byrne going the other way. But we were never going to be a team that'd trouble the top 4 this year. I'm just delighted were opening up daylight between us and the bottom three so if we get a run of bad results it's not necessarily catastrophic

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 16 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

We have probably the smallest operating budget in the league. To be where we are now, with 23 points from 18 games, is punching above our weight from a financial perspective, but there are a handful of teams down the bottom I think we've a better squad than. I think we benefit from the fact that we don't have to pay a premium for players to move an hour or two outside Dublin, but we have a better squad than we should be able to afford. Occasionally we strike gold with players that other Dublin clubs with more resources don't want, like Dinny coming back, who in my opinion is a better player than Kurtis Byrne going the other way. But we were never going to be a team that'd trouble the top 4 this year. I'm just delighted were opening up daylight between us and the bottom three so if we get a run of bad results it's not necessarily catastrophic
But whatever your budget is, big or small, you shouldn't be begging for money at this stage of the season. If the club knew that you were most likely to be mid-table at best, and most people thought that, then why the panic now?
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:25pm
Bohs are safe now I reckon. 30 points should see any club safe. Huge achievement to be here at this stage of the season.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:31pm

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

But whatever your budget is, big or small, you shouldn't be begging for money at this stage of the season. If the club knew that you were most likely to be mid-table at best, and most people thought that, then why the panic now?

Simply put, half due to injuries and half due to Long f**king up by having only two recognised strikers in our squad, one of which having a long standing medical problem. I can't blame him for the job he's doing but I feel that our season constantly has the rumblings in the background of "If dinny gets injured were f**ked" which should have been addressed at the start. We're looking to bring in two strikers with limited or no top flight experience, if they turn out to be sh*te, this player fund will probably go on another striker. Don't ask me why this wasn't addressed before the season began even with our budget because f**k knows.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:39pm
So mismanagement! You really shouldn't need another striker though, you should have enough about you after tonight.
I am not sure 30 points will be enough though, if you look at the table from two years ago, another season where nobody was cast adrift at the bottom, the bottom 6 was :
Derry 35
Bray 33
Sligo 31
Galway 31
Limerick 29
Drogs 28

I wouldn't be using 30 points as a benchmark.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
There's too many teams down there to make 30 points safe. 35 minimum I think will see Bohs clear.

Interestingly Bohs have the 3rd best away form this season.

On last nights game, Ward was probably Bohs MOTM. And credit to Long, he got the second half game plan perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 285>
  Share Topic