You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 285>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:35am
Mills looks like a great player. A defender who doesn't get dominated in the air is a breath of fresh air compared to what we've put up with over the last few years. Why did Devine not use him? 
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:47am
we were solid tonight. Lilander the weak link in that 4, he’s no better than Bart k imo.
Midfield, Flores and McDonnell were great at covering and blocking, but poor enough at getting the ball down and passing it. The goal transformed Rooney he needed that. Clarkey was terrific, as was the big man up front. Dylan was his usual mad self, great to watch though, love that geezer. Subs all did a decent job, great win and hopefully kicks our season awake, UTB
No Pasaran!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 5:34am
That was some save by Maher in the second half from Piszcek’s header.

The commentary team got there eventually with Rooney being the first goal scorer LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

we were solid tonight. Lilander the weak link in that 4, he’s no better than Bart k imo.
Midfield, Flores and McDonnell were great at covering and blocking, but poor enough at getting the ball down and passing it. The goal transformed Rooney he needed that. Clarkey was terrific, as was the big man up front. Dylan was his usual mad self, great to watch though, love that geezer. Subs all did a decent job, great win and hopefully kicks our season awake, UTB

I think the game plan was not to betting the ball down.  We had less than 40% of the ball.  This was a back to basics blood and guts performance with a couple of moments of nice football.  The midfielders instructions tonight were to work like dogs and win second balls.  They did that well.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 7:09pm
Deccy got a job quick enough and got a win .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 7:39am
A bit of an odd interview from Gary Cronin on LoI Central this week, especially from a timing perspective. Maybe leave it more than a week before doing any interviews about it. Even McDonnell and Ward seemed a bit confused as to what he was getting at.

Seemed like he wanted to absolve himself from the mess it turned in to. 

In fairness, it did seem to be a completely dysfunctional set-up, which seemed to get worse as time went on. Suggested that there was a real lack of alignment within the coaching staff; too many voices/egos, etc.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 9:23am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

A bit of an odd interview from Gary Cronin on LoI Central this week, especially from a timing perspective. Maybe leave it more than a week before doing any interviews about it. Even McDonnell and Ward seemed a bit confused as to what he was getting at.

Seemed like he wanted to absolve himself from the mess it turned in to. 

In fairness, it did seem to be a completely dysfunctional set-up, which seemed to get worse as time went on. Suggested that there was a real lack of alignment within the coaching staff; too many voices/egos, etc.
looking forward to it

Gas thing is about these characters is, its easy to throw the boot in once youve been sacked. but otherwise happy to get paid and say nothing at the time
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 11:10am
He was going in under another manager (nameless) and when they didn’t get it, he was recommended to Devine LOL
BohsJohnny View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsJohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 5:42pm
Thought he came off pretty terribly, doubt he'll be getting another decent job anytime soon. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by BohsJohnny BohsJohnny wrote:

Thought he came off pretty terribly, doubt he'll be getting another decent job anytime soon. 
would agree he comes off poorly. Strange interview 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Heard Alan Reynolds' name being mentioned over the weekend. Would be a good choice but no idea if it suits him and his personal life. Think I read before he didn't have the capacity to take on a main gig again and prefers assistant manager roles

The Sun (I know) saying it's Reynolds that is getting the gig
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:31am

Heard Alan Reynolds' name being mentioned over the weekend. Would be a good choice but no idea if it suits him and his personal life. Think I read before he didn't have the capacity to take on a main gig again and prefers assistant manager roles

The Sun (I know) saying it's Reynolds that is getting the gig
Yeag pretty confident it’s reynolds alright. I wouldn’t be getting too excited by it. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:47am
Reynolds? Is that the best available? Flippin hell. More mediocrity i would imagine. 
I love beer gardens
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:50am
Its his chance to stepup and comes at the right price id say

By the sounds of Cronin, it needs a fella in there whos capable of working with everyone. if Fenlon picked him Id suggest thats one relaitionship sorted. Will be interesting to see who his number 2 is and if He can manage the other coaches
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

By the sounds of Cronin, it needs a fella in there whos capable of working with everyone. if Fenlon picked him Id suggest thats one relaitionship sorted. Will be interesting to see who his number 2 is and if He can manage the other coaches
I’d imagine Cronin was lined up as Reynolds no2 2 years ago as was hinted at in LOI central, after listening to his interview I’m glad he won’t be involved this time round. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I’d imagine Cronin was lined up as Reynolds no2 2 years ago as was hinted at in LOI central, after listening to his interview I’m glad he won’t be involved this time round. 

I don't mind the sound of him but it did sound like he and devine had lost the management of the team and coaching staff. Here was only one solution 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 1:54pm
Does Reynold’s not have a habit of moving around jobs very quickly? IIRC he went back to Waterford for family reasons. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Does Reynold’s not have a habit of moving around jobs very quickly? IIRC he went back to Waterford for family reasons. 
Went to Waterford so he could be close to his mother before she passed away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 285>
  Share Topic