You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Hogan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 90>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Kevin Kilbane saying on OTB this evening he was a bit uneasy about Hogan coming in now and felt he should have declared for Ireland a year ago when MON first expressed an interest.

I feel the same if I'm honest, he got a move to the Premiership and was 'undecided' .....now 2 yrs on with his career not going as he'd hoped (he's flopped at Villa lest be honest) and finds himself back in the Championship he wants to play for Ireland, I don't like it

edit my mistake, he signed for Villa in the Championship....but the point still stands, his career was on an upward trajectory at the time and was linked to West Ham among others .....

2 years on??? He only returned from injury in May 2016.... As for "flopping at Villa" he's only been there 6 months and played about 10 games.... I think people forget the MON only made his first approach for Hogan 8/9 months ago. This is not a guy who has been holding out for years on end and finally decided to throw his lot in with us; if he was holding out for England there's no reason he would have given up that quickly.

He's playing and scoring regularly for Villa they got promoted.....does he declare for Ireland ??

of course no one can answer that but I'll stick my neck out a short distance and say no!

6 months. He's been at Villa for 6 months, during which he's spent about 2 months out injured. He's never had a chance to find out if they're in with a chance of being promoted, if he wanted to wait and find out then he would have, but he hasn't. He'd responded in the affirmative to MON's call within a 7/8 of it being offered to him, that does not seem like the behaviour of a guy who was holding out for England and then decided to give up on it before he had even given it a proper shot.

6 months with no progression at club level (for whatever reason) could set you back a year or 2 for International recognition ....add in the fact he's found himself at a club in a mediocre state on the field would be another 2 or more years..........my gut feeling says Ireland are a poor 2nd choice for Hogan
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:43pm
Some appalling attitudes on display here.

The only reason this lad hasn't declared before now is because after serious knee injuries he wanted to make sure he got himself right for the club. Screw that up then he screws his entire career up. He has bust his bollocks to get where he has. Only 4 years ago at the age of 21 was he playing non league football in Lancashire.

Anyone who says otherwise is talking through their hole and doing our latest player a major disservice. It's actually insulting.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Aug 2017 at 9:49pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Some appalling attitudes on display here.

The only reason this lad hasn't declared before now is because after serious knee injuries he wanted to make sure he got himself right for the club. Screw that up then he screws his entire career up. He has bust his bollocks to get where he has. Only 4 years ago at the age of 21 was he playing non league football in Lancashire.

Anyone who says otherwise is talking through their hole and doing our latest player a major disservice. It's actually insulting.

I suppose in fairness people are entitled to have some suspicion about Hogan as it was going on awhile but posters on ybig rushing to judgment isn't anything new either. 

Bottom line is, we haven't a notion of what's going on as we're not involved but if the Irish manager who is involved, is happy enough with Hogan's intentions and declaring for us, then anything else is irrelevant. O'Neill doesn't take any sh*te so I doubt he'd entertain Hogan if Hogan was acting the maggot.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:38pm
The very one's giving out about Hogan would be whinging if they saw Anthony Stokes or Connor Sammon lining up against Wales in October. 

In case many people haven't noticed, we have always been a fall back option for English born players yet if a player is good enough to tog out for Ireland when selected then isn't it obvious he wants to be there? 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The very one's giving out about Hogan would be whinging if they saw Anthony Stokes or Connor Sammon lining up against Wales in October. 

In case many people haven't noticed, we have always been a fall back option for English born players yet if a player is good enough to tog out for Ireland when selected then isn't it obvious he wants to be there? 

Exactly. 
And when you see how successful it has proved bringing in British born players during Jack's time, it's a no-brainer that Hogan coming in is a good thing. If he falls by the wayside and adds nothing to us, the we're in the same position we are now and won't lose anything and if he adds something, then we'll gain out of it. There's no downside unless he comes in with a bad attitude which I doubt he would anyway.  
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:39am
The fact of the matter is the only people saying he was holding out for England are posters on here and they seem to do so simply because he's eligible to play for England   

All this lad was concerned about in the run up to his decision this summer was trying to remain fit in order to cement his place as a professional footballer. Now he has been able to do so he's able to look a bit further ahead.

Last September he said in relation to being linked to Ireland... remember he was just after returning from two serious injuries.

“I know we don't go back on it but I have been out injured but it's important to be playing as many games for Brentford at the moment.

“International honours is a big thing but there's only one place I want to play my football at the minute and that is here.

“They look after me, monitor my fitness and everything. Due to that I've played every minute this season which is some going after what's happened.”

The lad deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-striker-scott-hogan-plays-11904368

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Aug 2017 at 7:41am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:23am
Innocent until proven guilty is what I say.
Hi Lads
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:18am
Are we Ireland supporters??? Who cares if England was his 1st choice...it probably was since he grew up in England. He has now chosen Ireland and it is in a position we badly need. Remember Andy Townsend grew up supporting England...he even said he was so upset about Ireland beating England in 1988 that he cried!! He then became our captain.

If Hogan scores the goal that qualifies us for the World Cup will people not be happy because he MAYBE wanted to play for England first?? Best supporters in the world me hole

Edited by DangerHere - 18 Aug 2017 at 10:20am
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

of course Kilbane is right...we needed him a year ago he told a lie..do you think if he was banging in the goals for whoever he would of declared?..

what an absolute crock of sh*te. some people on here... Clown

what lie did he tell then?
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:04pm
if you believe he wanted to concentrate on club football cuz of his injury's then you are a naive fool..he didn't even have the good grace to speak to o neil in person he did it through his agent...that is massively disrespectful to him and Ireland..Fanny Magee yr a sycophantic fool
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

if you believe he wanted to concentrate on club football cuz of his injury's then you are a naive fool..he didn't even have the good grace to speak to o neil in person he did it through his agent...that is massively disrespectful to him and Ireland..Fanny Magee yr a sycophantic fool

Who gives a ballix? Are we better off with him or without him as an option?
El Puto Amo
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:15pm
of course we are better off with him...thats not the point of this argument..am i glad he's declared?yes..do i think he should of done earlier?yes
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:37pm
Great so we are all happy then
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Great so we are all happy then

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:37pm
Any further updates on the injury? Any prospect of him being fit in time for Georgia?
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Any further updates on the injury? Any prospect of him being fit in time for Georgia?

Hes not in the squad so I doubt it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Sure he's not in the squad.

Can he be called into the provisional squad before the final 23 is named?
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:10pm
Yes he can.  I believe MON expressly left that possibility open when asked about it.  Has happened many times before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 90>
  Share Topic