Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53705
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scott Hogan
Posted By: Andy_Eire
Subject: Scott Hogan
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 9:39pm
Hogan been doing brilliantly with Brentford since he came in for Judge, 1 on Saturday and now 2 this evening off the bench

Replies:
Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 1:24am
It's good to see alright. Hopefully he will remain injury free. We could do with a decent striker or two.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 2:02am
Call him up right after the euros

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:40am
Has he said he'll play for Ireland?

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:05pm
Anything to Chad?

Posted By: Portal
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anything to Chad?

Don't think so.  My sister says he's a hulk.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:30pm
He was about to be called up to the U-21's in 2014 when he was banging them in at Rochdale but didn't make the squad due to injury. I'd say it's fairly safe to assume he's one of ours.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anything to Chad?

Nah Chad Hogan's mom and dad are from Long Island man

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:37pm
Speaking of relations, his brother Liam is also a professional footballer. Played for Fleetwood until recently anyway but I'm not sure if he's still there.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Speaking of relationsf, his brother Liam is also a professional footballer. Played for Fleetwood until recently anyway but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Centre half at Tranmere, or was earlier this season.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
I'm a bit dubious about this one. There's a mention on his wikipedia says he is qualified with a link from a not necessarily credible source suggesting he had an under-21 call up but he was never in the official squad lists and the FAI makes no mention of him in its round up of Irish qualified players so I wouldn't take it for granted he is qualified or has declared for Ireland.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:14pm
This guys a goal scoring machine, scores again today

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:46pm
Scores another, one for the next campaign for sure

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I'm a bit dubious about this one. There's a mention on his wikipedia says he is qualified with a link from a not necessarily credible source suggesting he had an under-21 call up but he was never in the official squad lists and the FAI makes no mention of him in its round up of Irish qualified players so I wouldn't take it for granted he is qualified or has declared for Ireland.

It looks more than likely that he qualifies for us, but having never made an appearance (or made a formal declaration) it would be a bit cheeky for the FAI to claim him. His team mate Padraig Amond actually broke the story in his column when he was with him at Rochdale. I read at that time that he had lbeen called up but couldn't make it because of injury.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

It looks more than likely that he qualifies for us, but having never made an appearance (or made a formal declaration) it would be a bit cheeky for the FAI to claim him. His team mate Padraig Amond actually broke the story in his column when he was with him at Rochdale. I read at that time that he had lbeen called up but couldn't make it because of injury.
Check his twitter...

In 2014 he confirmed that he qualifies through his grandparents and that ''ireland want him to play for them''

Date Posted: 06 May 2016 at 5:03pm
Saw a article earlier in which he reacted somewhat ambiguously to the possibility of an Ireland call-up. Began by saying he was "just focusing on Brentford at the moment" and "didn't want to get ahead of himself" but expanded on that by saying "He's eligible for Ireland and England and he doesn't know who he'll play for".... I thought the reason he hadn't joined up with our U-21's was because he had been injured but according to him his manager blocked him from attending as Rochdale had a match around the same time.

Not quite sure what to make of all that but he said 3 of his grandparents are Irish so you'd hope he has some sense of Irishness about him and isn't just hedging his bets.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 1:49pm
Scores again, goal machine, would love if he declared for Ireland

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 2:08pm
3-1 Brentford, hogan again

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 2:42pm
Roy Keane was at Brentford watching him today

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:23pm
Worth mentioning that Hogan is a United fan.

-------------

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:46pm
I'd call him up. 

Our striking options are limited, what harm would it do calling him up for the games v Netherlands/Belarus to be in and around squad the same applies to Joe Mason who should be in our panel for the WC qualifying.

7 goals in 4 games.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 5:25pm
Keeps going like this and he might decide he's got a shot with England LOL I kid of course, but it's not quite as far-fetched an aspiration as it used to be. I'm sure plenty of strikers knocking around the lower leagues must look at the likes of Vardy, Lambert, Wilson, Andre Gray etc. and think "just maybe..."

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:39pm
Good interview with Mark Ogden from the Independent! Says he couldn't say no to Roy Keane as he is one of his heroes

Date Posted: 11 May 2016 at 5:36pm
“Then there is the Ireland thing, which again is a surprise. Roy Keane was at Huddersfield on Saturday apparently and if Roy Keane rang me up, I couldn’t say no to Roy Keane. He is one of my heroes."

Get on the phone, Keano!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:18pm
Did not realise that all the 7 goals this lad had scored this season had come in the last 4 games. Was he injured for the first part of the season or what?

Based on that I can fully understand MON not jumping in and calling him up. Give them a chance to observe for a longer period and see whether or not he's a flash in the pan

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:26pm
He's had two injury hit seasons! Needs a good pre season behind him

Date Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:01pm
Martin O'Neill on Bees striker Scott Hogan: "I thought about bringing him in, but I left it at this minute"

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:57pm
Hopefully we don't live to regret that decision. I thought Murphy was injured anyway so I'm surprised to see him in the squad.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:18am
So excited at the thought of him playing for us after the Euro's, didn't know he was first choice ahead of Andre Gray before he got injury aswell. Natural goalscorer http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html

Posted By: Coleman esque
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 6:47pm
Puts Brentford 1-0 up. The mans a goal machine

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:21pm

Looking forward to seeing him v Oman. His first full pre season in about 2-3 years!

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:23pm
Another poachers goal. He's always in the right place at the right time, natural finisher, natural goal scorer.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Coleman esque
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Another poachers goal. He's always in the right place at the right time, natural finisher, natural goal scorer.
Like ye say, his record towards the end of the season was unbelievable. Came on as a sub for 30 minutes in most games and scored 1 or even 2 most of the time

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:09am
Being linked with Leicester today, sign him up MON before the Vardy/England hype begins!

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm
Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:47pm

Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.

Totally agree with that. There should be no pussyfooting around with these lads. Call him up and cap him asap.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Totally agree with that. There should be no pussyfooting around with these lads. Call him up and cap him asap.

Glad we didn't miss out to the USA on Lapira.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Glad we didn't miss out to the USA on Lapira.

Was Joe Lapira ever really a promising player though? Or just a chancer who Stan was gullible enough to indulge....

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Up and running for the season with a goal against Nottingham Forest

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Eire_Andy
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Puts Brentford 1-0 up against Forest!!

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:19pm
SH scored tonight after a brilliant save from Stephen Henderson.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:23pm
Did he score lads?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:08am
if he is not in the squad v Oman i think we can take it he is hedging his bets. MON clearly likes him, so based on that I assume he will call him in if he accepts. With qualifiers around the corner, not too many chances to try lads out.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:33pm
Another goal today vs Brighton

Posted By: daveyc
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:34pm
and another 

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:39pm
Surely has to take the spot vacated by Robbie?

-------------

Posted By: Patrick Jane
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 5:57pm
2 goals and had another couple of decent chances going by the highlights

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:12pm
Hogan now has 10 goals in his last 13 Championship games (could be wrong) , is there any valid reason as to why he shouldn't be selected next month?

Keane is gone, Long isn't scoring, Murphy will more than likely be back up at Newcastle, O'Neill likes to use Walters on the wing.

It should be a straight forward call up for O'Neill, I don't get his reluctance.......Even for the Oman/Serbia games realistically he could have been called up given how Keane was gone after the Oman match. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:43pm
Dont think hogan has any great interest in representing us, going on what he has said in the past, and rob brennan who is normally close enough to whats going on has also suggested this

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Dont think hogan has any great interest in representing us, going on what he has said in the past, and rob brennan who is normally close enough to whats going on has also suggested this

A total oddball imo LOL

Scott Hogan, doesn't sound like Mark Noble to me.

Then there is the Ireland thing, which again is a surprise. Roy Keane was at Huddersfield on Saturday apparently and if Roy Keane rang me up, I couldn’t say no to Roy Keane. He is one of my heroes.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:51pm
Well he accepted an under-21 call-up in the past only to miss out through injury, so he obviously has some sort of interest.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:47am
Seen extended highlights of him Saturday bar the two goals he looks a player can run in behind drop short links well with the play.....would love to see him get a chance

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:59pm
Kevin Kilbane has just been talking about him on Newstalk. Says he really likes the look of him and that Hogan reminds him a bit of Jamie Vardy.

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 2:07pm
Thought he was on stand by for the last 2 games (definitely said so on some sports news - not sure how accurate it was).window.post_1473771867718_16 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1473771869040_37 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

Does being on stand by mean he has committed to us and has sorted out the paperwork etc? I understand that he can change his mind if he hasn't played in a qualifier etc so not asking that.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 2:19pm
Said recently he would find it hard to say no.....hopefully he keeps up the goalscoring has had a fantastic last 6 months.....saying that don't think he will be getting a call up anytime soon disappointingly

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:17pm
I don't think we are likely to lose him to an England call up given the strikers they have at their disposal, plus the fact that he is 24 now (although Vardy and Lambert were relatively late bloomers).

Unless he is a big England fan and desperate to play for them and nobody else, we should have him in the bag. That said, we should be getting him called up as soon as possible as we are seriously lacking young strikers.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Said recently he would find it hard to say no.....hopefully he keeps up the goalscoring has had a fantastic last 6 months.....saying that don't think he will be getting a call up anytime soon disappointingly

I could easily see him make the squad. We have virtually nobody at the moment regularly scoring for their club.

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

I could easily see him make the squad. We have virtually nobody at the moment regularly scoring for their club.

robbie *cough*

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 1:35pm
deserves a call up, not many options for us right now

Posted By: Hoppy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 3:39pm
Scores again vs PNE

Grass is green, Sky is blue

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:01pm
scores again today. what more does a new striker have to do to break into the squad? 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:06pm
I scored a cracking goal in 5 aside on Thursday night, my continued exclusion from Martins plans is nothing short of disgraceful.

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I scored a cracking goal in 5 aside on Thursday night, my continued exclusion from Martins plans is nothing short of disgraceful.

so ur 5 a side matches are at the same level as the english championship. very nice comparison lad.... good to hear both u and scott are both scoring regularly tho. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:25pm
Im quite the world beater at the aul 5 aside, deserve my international chance as much as the next man.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:44pm
Scores again, 3-0 Brentford. He's too good

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:48pm
Has scored another, Hat rick

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:50pm
Hat trick today

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:53pm
Hogan and Egan deserve a call up. Egan ahead of Pearce & Hogan ahead of anyone other than Long and Walters.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:31pm
is hogan fully declared  so far,,,,,.......any news lads

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:33pm
Hogan now joint top goalscorer in the Championship with six goals.

We should get him into the next squad and I'd cap him to commit him to us.

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:49pm
No doubt he has talent and can certainly score, but I still dont like his attitude... He doesnt sound too pushed at all about playing for us.

As already quoted

"They've tried to get in touch with me but I don't want to consider that.

"There are much more things I'm worried about than declaring what country I can play for. My grandma and granddad are Irish – my late grandfather was as well.

"I'm eligible to play for them but I'm a Brentford player and the last thing I'm thinking of is who I'm going to represent internationally. It's getting ahead of myself a bit too much."

This was in relation to being called up for the Euros!

I dont know about you, but any fully committed player would jump at the opportunity.

I feel hes another holding out for England, biding his time. 

This isnt club football.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

No doubt he has talent and can certainly score, but I still dont like his attitude... He doesnt sound too pushed at all about playing for us.

As already quoted

"There are much more things I'm worried about than declaring what country I can play for. My grandma and granddad are Irish – my late grandfather was as well.

"I'm eligible to play for them but I'm a Brentford player and the last thing I'm thinking of is who I'm going to represent internationally. It's getting ahead of myself a bit too much."

I dont know about you, but any fully committed player would jump at the opportunity.

This isnt club football.

I don't know maybe he's just being modest about it?  I think if he wants to play, which if he does he'll have told MON privately, then he should definitely get a call up.  Can't understand why people are slating him?  What's he got now, 13 in his last 11?  We don't have a striker scoring anywhere near that amount of goals in any league atm

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 5:56pm

As already quoted

This isnt club football.

Well if Martin or Roy were give him a ring this week and that was his reply, he could go to hell. I doubt anyone in the country would be in the humour for another Jack Grealish 'will he, won't he?' saga. It's easily resolved anyway : call him into the next squad and if the answer is no, he can get stuffed.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 6:03pm
TO BE honest completely honest regading this fellow... i rather prefer  CILLIAN SHERIDAN INSTEAD OF HIM or maybe  that  Rooney lad from Aberdeen.... dont want any englishman who is grey about  playing or not playing ...think he is holding on for a Sam's call up and a transfer to the premiership maybe in this January....

we had cover up front with Doyle,  Long, Walters,  Pilkington and  Murphy there  and they have experience for the international football ..

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

TO BE honest completely honest regading this fellow... i rather prefer  CILLIAN SHERIDAN INSTEAD OF HIM or maybe  that  Rooney lad from Aberdeen.... dont want any englishman who is grey about  playing or not playing ...think he is holding on for a Sam's call up and a transfer to the premiership maybe in this January....

we had cover up front with Doyle,  Long, Walters,  Pilkington and  Murphy there  and they have experience for the international football ..
He's surely not deluded enough to think he's going to get an England call up though?  Sturridge, Vardy, Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Welbeck (when fit), Ings.. He's not gonna get anywhere near it 

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

He's surely not deluded enough to think he's going to get an England call up though?  Sturridge, Vardy, Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Welbeck (when fit), Ings.. He's not gonna get anywhere near it 

yeap! but maybe he is another adviced  greedy Jacko in the making also Charlie Austin around, if you can read between lines, but he can be flavour of the month...  remember that  bloke Steve Bull was a striker for them  and  the funny side is  that  he had never played in the premier league or any league 1....which still sound ugly and a bit of nonsense today
it can happen again after  Jacko's fracas

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 6:55pm

As already quoted

This isnt club football.

arent those quotes after his comeback from a longterm injury?He was out for almost a year and had made about 5 appearances ,I can understand why he would be cautious .
A few weeks after that he was saying he was delighted to hear Keane was at games watching him.

All that is needed is one conversation and get his answer now.Yes ,then call him up and if its a No ,move on.No need for a drawn out process.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

As already quoted

This isnt club football.

arent those quotes after his comeback from a longterm injury?He was out for almost a year and had made about 5 appearances ,I can understand why he would be cautious .
A few weeks after that he was saying he was delighted to hear Keane was at games watching him.

All that is needed is one conversation and get his answer now.Yes ,then call him up and if its a No ,move on.No need for a drawn out process.

The Jack Grealish affair was a sobering one for all involved. I imagine lessons have been learned though and the message is 'If you're interested in playing for us, great, otherwise you can go off and play for someone else, we're not going to wait a year for your answer'.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:00pm
Well he has said that Roy Keane is his hero and he wouldn't be able to say no to him, to the course of action would seem blatently straightforward based on that.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: dickybhoy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:33pm
Ask him and see.  He's done enough to be called up for the next squad, if he says no, fair enough forget about him.  From those quotes of his, without knowing him he may just be a bit modest and wanting to do well for his club first of all.   Seems like he has 3 Irish Grandparents, so you'd think he be quite familiar with Ireland (depending on how Irish his parents feel) and hopefully keen to wear the green shirt.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by dickybhoy dickybhoy wrote:

Ask him and see.  He's done enough to be called up for the next squad, if he says no, fair enough forget about him.  From those quotes of his, without knowing him he may just be a bit modest and wanting to do well for his club first of all.   Seems like he has 3 Irish Grandparents, so you'd think he be quite familiar with Ireland (depending on how Irish his parents feel) and hopefully keen to wear the green shirt.

You would think with Robbie Keane retiring, there is plenty of room in the squad for him. Our striking options actually look very threadbare at the moment.

Posted By: Darrener
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 8:56pm
I could not understand how he wasn't called up for the last couple of matches. I didnt see O Neill quoted as talking about him in the mean time either. But if he was to be approached and was mulling over a decision I doubt MON would make it public after the Grealish fiasco. Also we have to consider that international clearance/passports aren't issued overnight.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 9:39pm
Yeah, I'd assume he holds an English passport. Would he need to get an Irish passport and declare all before 6th October to feature in the Georgia game?

Obviously I'm jumping the gun a bit here but in reality, how quickly could it happen? Less than 3 weeks?

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:04pm
Holds an irish passport.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: PMc10
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:16pm
Wasn't he named on standby with Mason & a few more for last month's games I'm pretty sure?!

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:26pm

You would think with Robbie Keane retiring, there is plenty of room in the squad for him. Our striking options actually look very threadbare at the moment.

Agree, we really need someone confident and in form who can finish . Wouldn't it be great if we had him in for the Georgia squad even .
Mind you I'd be convinced Robbie would have scored 1 or 2 v Georgia yet again if he was there . I reckon he still thinks that too !

Posted By: Darrener
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

Agree, we really need someone confident and in form who can finish . Wouldn't it be great if we had him in for the Georgia squad even .
Mind you I'd be convinced Robbie would have scored 1 or 2 v Georgia yet again if he was there . I reckon he still thinks that too !

I'm sure he thinks that because he has such a belief in his own ability but his two performances against Georgia last campaign would suggest otherwise. Georgia are a different standard to Oman or any defense in the MLS.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:38pm

Somebody with Robbies self belief is exactly what we need . Confidence in front of the goal and a bit of arrogance. Hopefully Hogan can be that lad .

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:00am
If hes not called into the next squad he will never be

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

If hes not called into the next squad he will never be

Exactly. This is a lad that before the Euros said that he would find it hard to resist a call up if his hero Roy Keane rang him. No excuse not to call him up if he does currently hold an Irish passport.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:14am

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:27am
Massive overreaction with those quotes, the lad had only just played a couple of games in the Championship at that point. it's not as though he rejected a call up, he was just looking to establish himself with Brentford first

-------------

Posted By: Irishbee
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:30am
Good evening, irish bee here (2nd gen and big brentford fan). Re scott Hogan, saw him today and last week and can confirm he is a goal machine.

Re the quote and ireland call up. Firstly no idea if he will or will not accept a call up. However the quote he made re the euros has to.be put in context. He had just played four starts in two years plus four sub appearances due to cruciate injures. Are you suprised he was only focussed on his club and getting time on the pitch, i am sure it was not a disrespect issue. If you listen to his interviews he is a little too honest, lets not destroy him for that.

Btw - egan also looks ready for a call and there are no passport issues there!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:37am
I dont see any reason he wudnt come on board if called up. Lets be honest he prob has more chance of winning the lotto than ever getting an england cap anyway.

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:10am
Simple get Keano to call him or talk to him after a game and just ask him if he interested in coming on board. Egan before pearse in the squad for me every time too

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by PMc10 PMc10 wrote:

Wasn't he named on standby with Mason & a few more for last month's games I'm pretty sure?!

No

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 7:45pm
I hope ta fcuk the phone has been picked up to this lad. 13 goals in 16 league games with reconstructive ACL surgery in the middle of those games. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I hope ta fcuk the phone has been picked up to this lad. 13 goals in 16 league games with reconstructive ACL surgery in the middle of those games. 

MON and Keano obviously know all about him. By all accounts, they're constantly on the lookout for new recruits and have scouts on the case too.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 11:07pm

MON and Keano obviously know all about him. By all accounts, they're constantly on the lookout for new recruits and have scouts on the case too.

think it is time for  the former man u  ajax and arsenal hero  to pay a visit to hogans lair,  it is STAPLETON'S DUTY

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 11:43pm

think it is time for  the former man u  ajax and arsenal hero  to pay a visit to hogans lair,  it is STAPLETON'S DUTY

Agreed. This is the only logical next step

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net