You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
Good call about clear the air talks , better wait until her period has finished by the sound of it .
Once you move out you know that you have done the right thing . Try not to go out with all guns blazing if you want to stay friends .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:30pm
I'm guessing she has been at your mate for years to get rid of you and he has been paying her lip service rather than discussing it with you.

My advice would be to play the game. Print off places to rent from Daft.ie and even go to a few viewings so she thinks you are trying.

Call her and ask her out for a drink (without your mate) to go through your plans with her. If you get her on her own when she has calmed down, and she thinks you are on her side, you'll be grand.

If that fails, you need to go and sleep in a garda station, call the Sun to come and take your picture and put you on the front page the next day, and you'll have a free house within a week.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
Ive a spare room if she's looking for somewhere to stay.

Just throwing that out there SD Thumbs Up
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

Your mate seems decent, trying to please both of you.
You’ve paid a lot of rent, but probably less rent than in the “open” market.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

No, but I'm assuming she sucks him off. You're better off continuing to pay the bills instead of coming to a similar arrangement.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

No, but I'm assuming she sucks him off. You're better off continuing to pay the bills instead of coming to a similar arrangement.

LOL
Personally, I'd prefer to suck the bank manager off once a month than pay my mortgage.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:46pm
It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm

It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

SD at least there is a decision maybe not one you wanted I am sure you will land on your feet
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm

Seems fair enough SD.You have had the benefit of cheaper rent for a number of years and they arent turfing you out straightaway.If it was a normal tenancy you probably would have a lot less savings and possibly moved a few times over the years,
Probably the best scenario all round,your mate doesn't need to fall out with you or his missus.

TBH I dont know how you stuck it out for 4 years and this day was always going to come.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:54pm

How much stuff have you got that requires moved? I work with these sort of complaints from tenants in the north. If you have lived in the property between 5-10 years you are required to have 8 weeks notice to quit the property.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:55pm

Jaysis I hope nobody on here has any family homeless atm Dead
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:00pm

That sounds pretty good, you've come out alright! Everything's coming up Milhouse.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
As an outside observer you've gotten around 2 years extra out of the situation through your friends lack of balls and your obliviousness, so you should look at it as a positive really, thats a lot of extra income towards a new house you saved in that time.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

TBH I dont know how you stuck it out for 4 years and this day was always going to come.

+1.

Some of the posts are might not you want to hear but if you forget about the girl being a coont, how is their relationship supposed to develop otherwise? Circumstances change unfortunately but one day you will be the one saying I’m having no one else in except from my own girl 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:14pm
I think giving you to till the end of the year when you’ve been third wheeling it this long is fair enough. 
I know it’s not ideal in the short term but the bigger picture is you’ve done alright out of it for a good while. 
The poor me dramatics might be a little OTT, no offence 
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

How much stuff have you got that requires moved? I work with these sort of complaints from tenants in the north. If you have lived in the property between 5-10 years you are required to have 8 weeks notice to quit the property.
His friend is basically operating under the rent a room scheme and standard tenancy agreements do not come under this nor should they. He could easily have given a month's notice.
It is unfortunate timing for you Dave, but under the circumstances comes across as very fair. Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:53pm

So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

wearing your work clothes having a wank on the couch to Judge Rinder on the telly while she is in the kitchen chopping veg isn't very social aware i must say
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I think giving you to till the end of the year when you’ve been third wheeling it this long is fair enough. 
I know it’s not ideal in the short term but the bigger picture is you’ve done alright out of it for a good while. 
The poor me dramatics might be a little OTT, no offence 

Big time, I don’t think you’re getting shafted whatsoever, you’ve had a very good arrangement for a very long time and you know that deep down. 

Hopefully you can find a short term rental that will tie you over until you find somewhere to buy. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic