Print Page | Close Window

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: Other Forums
Forum Name: Whatever!
Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53615
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:24pm
Anyone renting out any rooms on here or know of anyone that is. Landlord is raising the rent in the summer I’m currently on the look out for a new gaff and want to have a place sorted before the Euros. I work on the southside but not too fussed where I live tbh. Thumbs Up

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:27pm
Pic or GTFO.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Pic or GTFO.

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm
Moving to Dublin, anyone on here renting or know of anyone renting a room in Dublin that is close to the city center?

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Moving to Dublin, anyone on here renting or know of anyone renting a room in Dublin that is close to the city center?

I don't but out of curiosity how close is close?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm

Renting the space under my stairs for 800 a month if you like. For use Sunday to Friday only. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:30pm
Hopefully be within a 20-30 minute drive from the city 

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
I had a room to let in my house 1 min from the Luas line in D18, had it on daft. Had 30 enquiries, offered viewings to 12, one showed up.

Was amazed, mustn't be as hard to get somewhere as it's made out.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:14am
So I’ve just been given a major f**king headache. I moved in where I am now in 2011. I was initially just living with a friend. It’s his house (it was his grandfathers and he got it for nothing). I’m paying cheap enough rent. I’ve always paid rent and I’ve always paid half of all the bills. 

He started going out with his now fiancé in about 2014. They got engaged early 2018. The wedding date is set for this time next year. She basically moved in more or less as soon as they started going out. I’ve been a third wheel for a while but it’s always seemed basically okay and neither of them seemed to have an issue, mostly because we’ve all always known it wasn’t permanent. 

I’ve always been clear that I’d be looking to buy a place of my own well before the wedding, and be gone at least three or four months beforehand, if not longer. I’ve never had any indication that any of that was a difficulty. I have the guts of a decent deposit now (almost 20% of what I’d be looking to buy, with a bit of help from the folks) but being (a) self employed and (b) single, it’s tough to persuade banks to lend me enough money to actually buy a place, and I haven’t really started looking yet. 

I was out at a quiz this evening. I came back at half ten and her car wasn’t outside. It turns out that they’ve had a massive row, she’s staying with a friend, after threatening to move out, and the gist of it is that she wants me gone, seemingly f**king yesterday. There was absolutely no warning this was coming, not to me, at least. 

Am I meant to move now, rent somewhere else, pay a heap extra in rent compared to what I’m currently paying, assuming i can find somewhere, delay my own ability to buy a place, and basically throw money down the drain, primarily to appease her? Am I meant to back down as part of an argument I wasn’t even part of because she won’t talk to me about it? It seems to me that if I moved out ASAP, frankly I’d be rewarding her for the adult equivalent of throwing her toys out of the pram. I don’t want to cause any friction in their relationship, but what the f**k am I meant to do? It’s already happened and it’s already a far bigger issue than I had any idea. 

My mate is understandably stuck in the middle but I don’t really know what he wants - like he says, I shouldn’t be made to feel like sh*t, and basically unwelcome, in what has been my home for over seven years, but that’s exactly what it feels like. I’m stressed as f**k right now. It’s not his fault at all and I know I should be taking more steps to get my own place, but what the f**k am I supposed to do? If I move out now and rent somewhere else, I’m basically costing myself loads of money, all to protect their relationship, because she can’t wait a few more months, and I get this sprung on me with no warning whatsoever. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The longer I stay, the more it seems I might jeopardise their relationship, and I definitely don’t want to be responsible for that. But if I move out, I’m giving in to her blackmail, and for what? My mate isn’t going to ask me to move out now but it seems he might be under pressure to ask me to move. There’s no doubt he’s in a tough position and if I move out, it would be to help him, rather than her. 

I almost want to pack my stuff and go now, but make sure she knows I think she’s a thundering bitch. I can’t even sleep I’m so f**king stressed. 

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:24am
Ride her, it can't make things worse and it releases stress. Alternatively, ride him, for the same reasons but he might ask you to move in long-term. The latter depends on where you are at on the homosexuality spectrum.
Failing that, there's always the basil butter peas. A lot can be said for giving peas another chance.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:28am
my options basically are:

A) move out and cost myself a fortune in extra rent, delaying my own ability to buy a house 

Or 

B) potentially f**k up a relationship between my mate and his fiancé, but only because she has thrown the toys out of the pram, without any warning

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:29am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ride her, it can't make things worse and it releases stress. Alternatively, ride him, for the same reasons but he might ask you to move in long-term. The latter depends on where you are at on the homosexuality spectrum.
Failing that, there's always the basil butter peas. A lot can be said for giving peas another chance.

LOLLOL

I’m grand for riding either of them. I might move out, but steal the dogs when I do. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:36am
I assume she is Irish? Living with your own Irish woman is crazy enough, living with someone else's, even if he is there, should be enough to get you sectioned.
She wants the wedding of her dreams, or at least more plush than anyone she knows, the house and the baby and she wants it now. She would give birth dangerously early for the sake of better Instagram photographs at Christmas. Get out while you still have your balls and before the dogs are being added to a pot of stew.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:59am
The decision is not really yours.   The decision is his.   He owns the house.  He can give you notice of he wants or he can ignore his fiance if he wants.   

Really it's up to him.  . 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:00am

Hopefully be within a 20-30 minute drive from the city 

At 8an or 11pm.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:46am
Move in with NVidic !

When push comes to shove, if he's serious about his relationship with his missus then he's going to end up siding with her in the end whether he wants to or not. If you want to keep the friendship then it's probably going to mean that you have to move out to do it. So I'd probably offer to move out but obviously let him know that you will need some time to sort yourself a new place due to the scarcity of affordable rooms etc (gives you the excuse to drag your feet a bit on it !) and then let him try and square that off with his missus. If she has a problem still then that's with her as you can do no more.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:32am
If shes thrown the rattle out over this, their relationship is f**ked anyway. Stay where you are and have the bag of cans ready for him when he finds out shes riding her boss.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:39am

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:42am
Ok they want their own space etc but why was the row, as it seems, specifically over you? 
Did you get on with her beforehand? 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:43am
have a chat with your mate and see what 
He wants to do 
He wants you to do 

Their row sounds like it was about something else and you got caught in the crossfire

He might be having second thoughts and is looking for a way out. 

If he gives in he is fuked for the rest of his married life - he might as well give her his balls now 

No matter what I wouldn’t be going anywhere near the wedding 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:56am
Cook them both some Parmesan and paprika crusted cod fillet, honey roast carrots, basil buttered peas and individual potato gratin and wait for all this to blow over. 

Hope it works out for you SD!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:08am

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

He wants to do 
He wants you to do 

Their row sounds like it was about something else and you got caught in the crossfire

If he gives in he is fuked for the rest of his married life - he might as well give her his balls now 

The voice of experience

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:57am
Sorry Dave but you need to move out......today.

She basically moved in in 2014......4 years ago.....they’re living as a couple together 4 years....and you’re still there!

Pack your bags....you got a good run.

*i can’t remember what happened at the end of You, Me and Dupree.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

He wants to do 
He wants you to do 

you were not invited

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:47am
I don’t know if the row was over something else. I don’t really think it was but either way it’s been going on a while but it’s all news to me (I’ve basically not been here for the last two weeks). I’ve generally got on fine with her or so I thought but it seems she hasn’t thought the same - though that’s not been mentioned to me either. 

Frankly, I don’t want to move twice. I don’t want to put my mate in a terrible position either though. I think the best thing for them is for me to move out ASAP (undoubtedly, I suppose) but that is really backing down in an argument I have no part it. Ots definitely not best for me. It would absolutely gall me to move out by the end of the month just to placate toddler like behaviour, especially when it is something that will cost me money, and really isn’t in my interests, but I owe it to him more than I owe it to her. I can’t leave him having to make the decision - it’s not fair on him. It’s just a matter of seeing how long I can get and finding somewhere else. 

I sure as hell don’t want her saying she’s not moving back til I’m gone. I just hope it doesn’t come to that. 

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:53am
Sounds like one for Joe Duffy

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:57am
Yeah, sounds like at the very least you'll have to put the wheels in motion in terms of you moving out. I would just say to your mate that you'll start looking for places to move in to from today - it's not like you can move out instantly and given the state of the rental market in Dublin they surely wouldn't expect it to happen too quickly either. The situation may improve after a couple of days and she could calm down a bit and come to terms with you staying to the point that was initially understood by all parties - i.e three or four months before the wedding.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Cook them both some Parmesan and paprika crusted cod fillet, honey roast carrots, basil buttered peas and individual potato gratin and wait for all this to blow over. 

Hope it works out for you SD!

That does sound like the an amazing dish, Where was this mentioned before was it things that annoy you thread LOL

Also was the lad who fiance the same guy who didn't show up for this amazing dinner? Did he not show up for this dinner because of her? if the answer to both of these is Yes then throw it back in his face

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:04am
I’m perplexed that given your profession, you’re so in the dark. Have you asked why she wants you to move out? And why so suddenly?

Not having a go at your mate by any means but surely he can tell you as it is and put you clear on the reasons and state of play? People are odd as f**k.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

People are odd as f**k.
No just women.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:25am
one of ybigs good guys,hope it works out for you pal. 
Now I know you have stuff on your plate,but I’ve a question for you in the Ryanair thread mateLOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:33am
His missus just sounds like a bag of sh*te. She knew your intentions were to move out in a few months so she's just being a f**king dramatic bitch and trying to laydown the law with your mate.

Regardless of what happens here, this is going to somewhat sour your relationship with your mate. If you're forced to move out you'll hate her, if you stay she'll probably leave your mate and that's that.

Either way this is a really sh*t situation she has put you both in. She's just a selfish arsehole and I feel sorry for your mate having to put up with that nonsense.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

one of ybigs good guys,hope it works out for you pal. 
Now I know you have stuff on your plate,but I’ve a question for you in the Ryanair thread mateLOL
LOLLOL

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Move in with NVidic !

When push comes to shove, if he's serious about his relationship with his missus then he's going to end up siding with her in the end whether he wants to or not. If you want to keep the friendship then it's probably going to mean that you have to move out to do it. So I'd probably offer to move out but obviously let him know that you will need some time to sort yourself a new place due to the scarcity of affordable rooms etc (gives you the excuse to drag your feet a bit on it !) and then let him try and square that off with his missus. If she has a problem still then that's with her as you can do no more.

Sorry to hear that SD. She sounds like a proper coont and there could be more to it that you don't know about. I agree with what Borussia's said above, think it's probably the best thing to do. 

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:17am
If he had any balls he would dump her. She must really love him, sorry, the house, to issue an ultimatum like that.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:29am
Time to move out SD you have been there long enough , she has weeding plans , babies , and goodness knows what else and for sure she wants you gone .

I feel for your mate in all this as that poor lad is in a real pickle no matter what happens .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:38am

If he had any balls he would dump her. She must really love him, sorry, the house, to issue an ultimatum like that.
Free gaff.
Wants the ring on the finger, half the house.
Bonnet de deuce.

-------------

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:42am

It's a sh*t situation no doubt.

I think it's time for you to move you (you probably know this yourself)
However you can't do that in a couple of days in most towns never mind Dublin.She has to understand this or be made to understand it.

Also she has to understand that she can't make cause such upheaval in someone's life just because she has a bad case of the blobs.To bow down to that kind of selfish unreasonable behaviour would be a bad marker to set for your mate going forward.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:02pm
I know it's time to move out. It's just that because I want to buy somewhere, rather than rent, it is definitely going to take a bit of time. I don't want to rent again, spending extra cash, and having to move twice. If I have to, I will, but I certainly don't want to rent again. I've been waiting on stuff from my accountant for a few months before I can go looking for a mortgage (the joys of being self-employed) and I know it'll take at least four, if not six, months from then to find somewhere, although I've a fair idea how much they'll lend me. I just assumed I had until about April time one way or the other, and then this is sprung on me. It seems totally unreasonable to spring this now, without any warning, and blackmail my mate (and by extension me) by threatening to move out unless I do.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:15pm
Can you not sit down with them both and explain your situation to them and let them know that you're looking to buy a place but really need their help for the next few months, give them a time line and a date you're planning on moving out? If she's still a **** about then kick her in the gee and leave

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm
That's my plan now, yeah.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:27pm
Might be no harm leaving out the kick though....just a thought

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
Image result for punch her right in the babymaker

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:04pm
So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I don’t know if the row was over something else. I don’t really think it was but either way it’s been going on a while but it’s all news to me (I’ve basically not been here for the last two weeks). I’ve generally got on fine with her or so I thought but it seems she hasn’t thought the same - though that’s not been mentioned to me either. 

Frankly, I don’t want to move twice. I don’t want to put my mate in a terrible position either though. I think the best thing for them is for me to move out ASAP (undoubtedly, I suppose) but that is really backing down in an argument I have no part it. Ots definitely not best for me. It would absolutely gall me to move out by the end of the month just to placate toddler like behaviour, especially when it is something that will cost me money, and really isn’t in my interests, but I owe it to him more than I owe it to her. I can’t leave him having to make the decision - it’s not fair on him. It’s just a matter of seeing how long I can get and finding somewhere else. 

I sure as hell don’t want her saying she’s not moving back til I’m gone. I just hope it doesn’t come to that. 
You need to sit down with her (coont that she is) and explain exactly what your plans are again, surely a couple more months for you to get yer sh*t sorted should be no major problem for her unless she is conflicted and want to fck your brains out and is finding it harder and harder to contain herself LOL seriously if your mate gives into this sh*t now his life is basically f**ked from here on in and will be taking it up the Swiss off her for the rest of his natural if he does marry her

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm

So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

Yeah but she has a fanny

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm

She's sounds horrible.
If this doesn't end well make sure you mention your last paragraph before leaving

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm

No, but I'm assuming she sucks him off. You're better off continuing to pay the bills instead of coming to a similar arrangement.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm
What's the going rate for a rattle in Dublin? She has been paying her way alright!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Dave any chance you could move in with parents or family just to tide you over till you get sorted ( I know it’s not ideal) btw you are in no way to blame for any of this if you have made your plans know to the geebag, sounds like she is using the situation to test your mate and trying to put down a marker, if the lad takes your side and explains the bit more time you need she should recognize he is basically a good mate and a good guy and should be delighted to have him but if she is having none of it then I am sure to say she is just a selfish coont and only cares about herself, he might surprise you and tell her to get ta fck

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:31pm
You'd always planned on leaving anyway and he has surely told her about that, what got at her to go off on one now instead of discussing it with you first? Hopefully she'll calm down and get a bit more reasonable but you're going to have to have a chat with her alright as said above just to tell her your side and plans. Unless she's a right coont she'll be ok with it

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:32pm
Make for the hills for the weekend if you can. Then crunch talk Sunday eve.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:25pm
Most of us lads don't realise that arguments with girls are rarely about the subject at hand. But that's for your friend and her to resolve. 

Once you announce you have definite plans, will be moving out and just need some time, she will probably calm down. Sometimes things can build in a person's head and once they say it and get some clarity they then realise it isn't as important as they had convinced themselves it was.

I'm surprised they as a couple didn't politely ask you to move out before this. It surely would make sense to live on their own to make sure they are happy and comfortable with each other before even getting engaged, but that's for the past now.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
Good call about clear the air talks , better wait until her period has finished by the sound of it .
Once you move out you know that you have done the right thing . Try not to go out with all guns blazing if you want to stay friends .

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:30pm
I'm guessing she has been at your mate for years to get rid of you and he has been paying her lip service rather than discussing it with you.

My advice would be to play the game. Print off places to rent from Daft.ie and even go to a few viewings so she thinks you are trying.

Call her and ask her out for a drink (without your mate) to go through your plans with her. If you get her on her own when she has calmed down, and she thinks you are on her side, you'll be grand.

If that fails, you need to go and sleep in a garda station, call the Sun to come and take your picture and put you on the front page the next day, and you'll have a free house within a week.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
Ive a spare room if she's looking for somewhere to stay.

Just throwing that out there SD Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:32pm

Your mate seems decent, trying to please both of you.
You’ve paid a lot of rent, but probably less rent than in the “open” market.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

No, but I'm assuming she sucks him off. You're better off continuing to pay the bills instead of coming to a similar arrangement.

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL
Personally, I'd prefer to suck the bank manager off once a month than pay my mortgage.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:46pm
It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm

It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

SD at least there is a decision maybe not one you wanted I am sure you will land on your feet

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm

Seems fair enough SD.You have had the benefit of cheaper rent for a number of years and they arent turfing you out straightaway.If it was a normal tenancy you probably would have a lot less savings and possibly moved a few times over the years,
Probably the best scenario all round,your mate doesn't need to fall out with you or his missus.

TBH I dont know how you stuck it out for 4 years and this day was always going to come.

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:54pm

How much stuff have you got that requires moved? I work with these sort of complaints from tenants in the north. If you have lived in the property between 5-10 years you are required to have 8 weeks notice to quit the property.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:55pm

Jaysis I hope nobody on here has any family homeless atm Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:00pm

That sounds pretty good, you've come out alright! Everything's coming up Milhouse.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
As an outside observer you've gotten around 2 years extra out of the situation through your friends lack of balls and your obliviousness, so you should look at it as a positive really, thats a lot of extra income towards a new house you saved in that time.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

TBH I dont know how you stuck it out for 4 years and this day was always going to come.

+1.

Some of the posts are might not you want to hear but if you forget about the girl being a coont, how is their relationship supposed to develop otherwise? Circumstances change unfortunately but one day you will be the one saying I’m having no one else in except from my own girl 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:14pm
I think giving you to till the end of the year when you’ve been third wheeling it this long is fair enough. 
I know it’s not ideal in the short term but the bigger picture is you’ve done alright out of it for a good while. 
The poor me dramatics might be a little OTT, no offence 

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

How much stuff have you got that requires moved? I work with these sort of complaints from tenants in the north. If you have lived in the property between 5-10 years you are required to have 8 weeks notice to quit the property.
His friend is basically operating under the rent a room scheme and standard tenancy agreements do not come under this nor should they. He could easily have given a month's notice.
It is unfortunate timing for you Dave, but under the circumstances comes across as very fair. Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:53pm

wearing your work clothes having a wank on the couch to Judge Rinder on the telly while she is in the kitchen chopping veg isn't very social aware i must say

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I think giving you to till the end of the year when you’ve been third wheeling it this long is fair enough. 
I know it’s not ideal in the short term but the bigger picture is you’ve done alright out of it for a good while. 
The poor me dramatics might be a little OTT, no offence 

Big time, I don’t think you’re getting shafted whatsoever, you’ve had a very good arrangement for a very long time and you know that deep down. 

Hopefully you can find a short term rental that will tie you over until you find somewhere to buy. 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm
Yeah, I know I've had it good for a long time - just the ending was sharp and unexpected, when it seemed the deal was already clear.

I'll be gone by the end of the year.

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:23pm
Room in an apartment or house short term is probably your best bet.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm

Looks like you'll have more competition.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:41pm

Yeah, I know I've had it good for a long time - just the ending was sharp and unexpected, when it seemed the deal was already clear.

The ending is hardly sharp, you have until the end of the year.100 odd days,They could have asked you to move a lot sooner. 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm

The ending is hardly sharp, you have until the end of the year.100 odd days,They could have asked you to move a lot sooner. 

Squeeze them for every day. Move out 31st December Big smile

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm

That's what I'd do LOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:45pm

If it was a normal residential tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days. And by sharp, I mean the way everything has happened, nothing more than that.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:46pm
Use her toothbrush to clean out your rusty sheriffs badge

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:47pm

If it was a normal residential tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days.
But it wasn't and you were aware of that from day one I presume?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
Ah yeah, of course, absolutely. It was only for comparison.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile

Sorry SD  LOL LOL LOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

wearing your work clothes having a wank on the couch to Judge Rinder on the telly while she is in the kitchen chopping veg isn't very social aware i must say

If the dog is allowed to sit on the sofa with a boner, why am I not?

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:25pm
SD you should take stock of the extra savings you have during this very good arrangement which suited everyone for a long time, to get cheap rent there has to be a downside to it unfortunately. 

I still think you’ve got plenty of time to get yourself sorted and he has been very sound to you over the years.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile

Sorry SD  LOL LOL LOL

I chuckled too, never worry.

-------------

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:44pm

Wait until the 31st December and say "Can't believe it's only 3 months left to the end of the financial year and our agreement."

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:35pm
You could send them a solicitors letter

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:03am

Yes but it would have cost you a lot more over that time also.  

Also remember your mate has been paying a mortgage and he provided you a place to stay and your provided him cash.  A good set up for both of you that suited you both I wouldn't be trying to make a compliment out of paying your rent.  that is just standard behaviour.  

I reckon his gf has been saying to him for ages to ask you to move out and he has put it off out of loyalty to you and she has blown her gasket over it.   .

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Also remember your mate has been paying a mortgage and he provided you a place to stay and your provided him cash.  A good set up for both of you that suited you both I wouldn't be trying to make a compliment out of paying your rent.  that is just standard behaviour.  

I reckon his gf has been saying to him for ages to ask you to move out and he has put it off out of loyalty to you and she has blown her gasket over it.   .
Definitely. If they have had a big argument and she gave an ultimatum this conversation has been going on for some while between them with Superdaves friend standing up for him. He sounds like a sound lad so the best thing to do is move on as quickly as possible , for the interest of all involved. 

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

A bit further back Baldie SD said that the house was given as a  freebie to yer man still cheap rent for so long must have been a major plus . Hey I would be upset knowing it was all coming to an end if I was in his spot .
 I still think it's the kick up the ass SD needs to get out of there . I think sharing is the way to go until he buys his own place .

-------------

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:19pm
Moral of this story, living with other people sucks!!

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

I don't even like living with myself!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm

And back to the original point, does anyone have a room to rent in Dublin?

Plus points: I'm creditworthy, and I won't score your missus.

Minus points: The reason I won't score your missus is cos she'll hate my f**king guts and make both our lives hell.

-------------

Posted By: RayHoughton
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
I would be hitting the ejector seat on that. if you move out now, at least you will have the moral high ground and in later years you can shove the whole situation in her face.

" remember that time you made me homeless!"....

She will be forever in your back pocket!

Just cut your losses and move on. Your savings may be affected, but there is no joy in staying in a place you are a no longer wanted.

Best looking for mate who will rent with you or look for a room to spare.Or cuddle up with some aul one looking for a toyboy

-------------
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:05pm
I'm a balding, angry 34 year old nordy, which isn't many women's idea of a toy boy!

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm

I'm a balding, angry 34 year old nordy, which isn't many women's idea of a toy boy!
You would be surprised SD

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm

And back to the original point, does anyone have a room to rent in Dublin?

Plus points: I'm creditworthy, and I won't score your missus.

Minus points: The reason I won't score your missus is cos she'll hate my f**king guts and make both our lives hell.

Yeah but if you move in here....will you ever move out?

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:50pm

I’m a raging 28 year old sexpest and I seem to be doing alright for myself! 

Theres someone out there for everyone!

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Care to elaborate on that Coyne, with a few stories Big smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net