You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowest of the low football chants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

But the way to change it is to moan about it. The more football fans that condemn it the better. It might not work but the message is there that we don't want it

Are you a Man United/ Liverpool fan? 
I like Man United but haven't been to game in years...why?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:31pm
Did I just read Glasgow Celtic fan and class in the same sentence ?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

While growing up I wasn't allowed to wear a Celtic top outside football training, I don't fit into the 'look at me I'm a Catholic' most Celtic fans do not see Celtic as a political statement or even making a statement of their religion for most of us its an Irish founded football club on Scottish soil with a proud Irish heritage and roots. However there is a percentage that portray our club as sectarian etc, I dislike Rangers because they're our neighbours and traditionally the club we have to challenge for the league not because of their colours or the majority of their fans political beliefs. Glasgow Celtic have decades of 'class' that some clubs in the British Isles can only dream off known throughout the world as the best club fans also.

Edited by SByrne24 - 13 Mar 2016 at 11:49pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 8:48am
What I don't get is the english football fans obsession with paedophiles. It seems to be the standard chant when they don't like a particular player or manager!

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

What I don't get is the english football fans obsession with paedophiles. It seems to be the standard chant when they don't like a particular player or manager!

As an insult I get it but Leeds' fans claiming Jimmy Saville as one of their own is bizarre
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:26am

Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Scousers awful for this type of stuff. 

United fans would be happy to chant going on the piss with Georgie Best for 90 mins, its retaliation. When you've one group of the stadium shouting something you can be guaranteed the other end will let their thoughts be known. A large majority of the stadium booed the English anthem in June, lets not carried away here we're all as bad as each other at football games particularly under the influence of alcohol.

So if United fans would be happy to sing about Georgie Best. Why did they not do it ?

Booing an anthem isn't the lowest of the low...its not even an insult...you'd nearly expect it.

No were not all as bad as each other. No we are not.

I'm really confused at how they brilliant song about going on the piss with Georgie Best is called retaliation.

They do.. Sleepy

United fans were simply retaliating to listening to the Munich chant they love. 

Enjoy mass in the morning Fr Clap

United fans retaliated to the - Fergies right your fans are sh*te, chant with that sick Hillsborough one.

Hardly comparable, and in this case United fans let themselves down spectacularly
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:30am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Saw a video yesterday, not sure who the fans were but they sounded like Londoners, singing -

Arsene Wenger has a son, has a son, has a son, Arsene Wenger has a son....Adam Johnson
Arsene Wenger had a dad, had a dad, had a dad, Arsene Wenger had a dad...Jimmy Saville

Aul Wenger gets a tough time of it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

So, SByrne..the solution to hooliganism and scummy behaviour is to do likewise or just not go? Someone else mentioned whataboutery a few posts back...

As for your suggestion to become a rugby fan...I think I would rather take a slap from some far right looney if those are the options.

Do you join in with these chants by the way?

No, I didn't say that. I used the rational behind the responses from supporters, i.e. chant about the famine, get the IRA sung back. Thats how its been for years, its not about to change because a few lads on YBIG moan about it.

Do I join in? in booing the English anthem as i pointed out before? No, I've no issue with the English nor England I live here. Do I sing, Celtic Symphony/Boys of the Old brigade at Celtic Park/Hampden, Yes I do. I'm a Glasgow Celtic fan, we've a bit more class then to chant about Hillsbrough or Munich we chant about the army who got our countries freedom.

Aye, cause Celtic fans have never sung about the Ibrox disaster Embarrassed

Did they?
I've never known that there was a song about it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So, SByrne..the solution to hooliganism and scummy behaviour is to do likewise or just not go? Someone else mentioned whataboutery a few posts back...

As for your suggestion to become a rugby fan...I think I would rather take a slap from some far right looney if those are the options.

No, I didn't say that. I used the rational behind the responses from supporters, i.e. chant about the famine, get the IRA sung back. Thats how its been for years, its not about to change because a few lads on YBIG moan about it.

Do I join in? in booing the English anthem as i pointed out before? No, I've no issue with the English nor England I live here. Do I sing, Celtic Symphony/Boys of the Old brigade at Celtic Park/Hampden, Yes I do. I'm a Glasgow Celtic fan, we've a bit more class then to chant about Hillsbrough or Munich we chant about the army who got our countries freedom.

Did they?
I've never known that there was a song about it.

I've no doubts a few idiots probably have on a coach from West Belfast to an Old Firm however in the stadium, I've never knew such a song existed I've never even heard one in a bar myself,lets not forget our manager at the time was on the pitch helping the dead and wounded.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:59am

I saw one video a few years ago of fans on a bus to a celtic match singing a sick song about the disaster. Was the first and only time i'd ever heard the song and i've been to dozens of Celtic matches

RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:38am

When did you hear this song been sung? In my 20yrs going to Glasgow iv heard it once, its was getting sung by 4/5 lads in a pub after a game.
I was in the Broomloan end when we played the huns on the 40th anniversary of the disaster. There was a minute silence before the game and to be honest i was dreading it on the build up to the game. I think there were a few lads who coughed and 1 idiot who start shouting, he was quickly told to shut the eff up. Out of 7000 fans in the Celtic end that minute silence was impeccably respected by 99.9% of our fans.

One song that never sat right with me was the Nacho Novo song.  
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:58am

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

While growing up I wasn't allowed to wear a Celtic top outside football training, I don't fit into the 'look at me I'm a Catholic' most Celtic fans do not see Celtic as a political statement or even making a statement of their religion for most of us its an Irish founded football club on Scottish soil with a proud Irish heritage and roots. However there is a percentage that portray our club as sectarian etc, I dislike Rangers because they're our neighbours and traditionally the club we have to challenge for the league not because of their colours or the majority of their fans political beliefs. Glasgow Celtic have decades of 'class' that some clubs in the British Isles can only dream off known throughout the world as the best club fans also.

Dead
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Same logic applies to LOI supports who wouldn't cover themselves in glory either.
They try and replicate everything our UK neighbours do too.

Spot on.

Was drinking with LOI Cork City fans yesterday in Cork who took great delight in telling me that they roared abuse at some middle aged Dublin couple who mistakenly went to the 'shed end' in Turner's Cross and he thought this would impress me.

He then started with some English style chant about hating dubs.

Anytime I've been to Cork they come out with this obsessive rubbish about Dublin and Dublin people/LOI teams.

LOI fans have their own arsehole element too and they even take the air of English chants which is embarrassing stuff as well.

As an aside, could you tell me what a LOI Cork City fan is? How do they differentiate from Cork City fans? Do they not support them in the cups?

Edited by pre Madonna - 14 Mar 2016 at 12:40pm
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 6:04pm
"Jestes Najlepszy malpa w Polsce"
"You're the best monkey in Poland"
Chanted by Wisla Krakow at one of their our black South American players when he was warming up. He applauded the "Ultras" singing it. Clarke Carlisle made up a few chants that he heard in his pre Euro 2012 anti Polish documentary. If he'd heard that his head would have exploded.
Greengunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greengunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:34pm
Spurs fans songs about Sol Campbell are a bit rough too.

Sol, SOL Wherever you may be
You're on the Verge of Lunacy,
Couldn't care less if you're Hanging from a tree
You Judas **** with HIV...

followed up with a chorus of
"Jelly and Ice cream when Campbell DIES...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic