Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 7:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lowest of the low football chants
Posted By: athlonecelt
Subject: Lowest of the low football chants
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:11am
Man Utd fans : I wish it could be Hillsborough every day

Liverpool / Leeds : Munich songs

Apparently the united chants were fairly bad in Anfield on Wed night. ..Not pointing finger at Utd fans, just using it as the latest example. Liverpool fans have been quick to comment about them on Wed night, but then the odd Liverpool fan on forums is pointing out that they sing about Munich in Old Trafford.
You can't say every club does it, but most do.
A few questions
Do the English media sweep this under the carpet ? Are they protecting the name of the Big Brilliant Premier League ? Afterall, there's fortunes to be earned from this league...and dieticians, physios , sports scientists, hotels, bars, players, executives, journos, tv companies, John Hartson, Andy Voronin, advertising companies, etc etc are making way too much money to discuss anything that might stop the crowds coming, especially the overseas investment from huge Asian companies ?
After any big game / Derby...go on a fans forum and inevitably they will discuss some of the horrific chanting....but it's never reported. BBC apparently noted it this week , for the first time.

Also why do fans do it ?.... Is it that in a mob, the morals and ethics settle at the level of the dumbest f**kers in the group.
I wonder was Iriwin a bit embarrased to be in the middle of it on Wed night at times ?

Liverpool fans have expressed their outrage at the Hillsborough mocking. Citing that many victims relatives were in Anfield Wed night
But the Liverpool fans still did , 'The Munich Airplane ' in the Sandon pub after the game.

Replies:
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:23am
Thursday night !!

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 11:21am
English football supporters, in general, are pond life.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 11:28am
Shamrock fans sl*gging of Simon Webb's death wife. An all time low for Irish football.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 3:06pm
Think I've probably been to about 10 or 11 Liverpool - United games going back to 1999. Hearing both Hillsborough and Munich songs was the norm at one stage. In recent times, I've noticed less of the Munich song being sung at games. Was always a minority anyways but had thought it had nearly gone away. Also had thought that in light of the events in recent years, that the Hillsborough songs had started to die out also. Thursday night was disappointing -Any large group will always have one or two idiots (and you have to be careful not to tar a whole group based on the silly actions of a few) but it wasn't just one or two on Thursday night.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Shamrock fans sl*gging of Simon Webb's death wife. An all time low for Irish football.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rovers-apologise-for-fans-heartless-verbal-abuse-307599.html

Posting a story from 2007 on a website called breaking news - ironic or what!!

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:06am
Much as i turn into an absolute nutter for 90 minutes when an Ireland game is on whereas normally i'm a rather reasonable guy, i can't understand what possesses people to start singing about this kind of stuff. It really is the lowest of the low. There is a line that every sane person should know you just don't go across. The mind boggles Confused

I think a problem is too often when it happens it's used for point scoring, it's more 'Look at these sick United/Liverpool fans singing about Hillsborough/Munich, what a scummy club' whereas it should be 'these people regardless of club affilation are clearly very deranged individuals and should never be allowed near a football match again'

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:20am
The German game when we bet them 1 nil in LR recently , one lad crossed the line when an incident happened and he shouted " you f**king Nazi's " we had 3 German guys in front of us that turned to him in disgust . He was firmly told off by many around him . Embarrassing to have a so called Irish fan beside us spouting that sh*te out . The mind does certainly Boggle

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:29am
Scousers awful for this type of stuff. 

United fans would be happy to chant going on the piss with Georgie Best for 90 mins, its retaliation. When you've one group of the stadium shouting something you can be guaranteed the other end will let their thoughts be known. A large majority of the stadium booed the English anthem in June, lets not carried away here we're all as bad as each other at football games particularly under the influence of alcohol.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The German game when we bet them 1 nil in LR recently , one lad crossed the line when an incident happened and he shouted " you f**king Nazi's " we had 3 German guys in front of us that turned to him in disgust . He was firmly told off by many around him . Embarrassing to have a so called Irish fan beside us spouting that sh*te out . The mind does certainly Boggle

Worse at the English game. Piss taking is all in good humour, got a great laugh about the 'small part of England' chants at the Scots and 'whats it like to have a queen' but there were some lads at the English game who were just saying whatever bile came into their head. Worst part is you know they only came out because it was England and they were probably hoping it'd kick off. you wouldn't be seeing them at the qualifiers in autumn

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:41am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

United fans would be happy to chant going on the piss with Georgie Best for 90 mins, its retaliation. When you've one group of the stadium shouting something you can be guaranteed the other end will let their thoughts be known. A large majority of the stadium booed the English anthem in June, lets not carried away here we're all as bad as each other at football games particularly under the influence of alcohol.

So if United fans would be happy to sing about Georgie Best. Why did they not do it ?

Booing an anthem isn't the lowest of the low...its not even an insult...you'd nearly expect it.

No were not all as bad as each other. No we are not.

I'm really confused at how they brilliant song about going on the piss with Georgie Best is called retaliation.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:47am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

So if United fans would be happy to sing about Georgie Best. Why did they not do it ?

Booing an anthem isn't the lowest of the low...its not even an insult...you'd nearly expect it.

I'm really confused at how they brilliant song about going on the piss with Georgie Best is called retaliation.

They do.. Sleepy

United fans were simply retaliating to listening to the Munich chant they love. 

Enjoy mass in the morning Fr Clap

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 12:56am

I wouldn't say it was a majority, I didn't either, and i wouldnt say we're all as bad as each other, i think i can speak for hopefully everyone on this forum when i say i've never sang a song about someone's loved one dying or something as awful as that. There's good harmless fun, then there's going on a wind up which is still grand, and then way way further than that there's that kind of stuff.

I'm a United fan myself, Liverpool nor United fans are 'worse' for it. By which i mean the overwhelming majority of fans of both clubs (and almost every club) abhor that kind of thing. It's not about which club is 'better' than the other because only 200 of us sang about your atrocity and 400 of you sang about ours. Most fans of all clubs would never sink as low. This day last week i went to a game in Hungary and saw 20,000 Ferencváros fans do Nazi salutes, now there's a genuine scummy club

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:15am
I know they sing it. I've sang it myself at a piss up with a few of my friends who support Utd. Brilliant song.

' They do ' and ' They did ' mean two different things....Id know this from my education being a priest. As prudish as we are (there's on line dictionaries for this word)
I must ask you these two questions
1) Why did BBC comment on the awful ???..That horrific Georgie Best Song ... Such a disgusting chant...' Spirit in the sky'... we hate talking about that in our priesthood.
2 ) Why did Manchester Utd condemn it ?

3 ) If you are in primary school and Daddy just told you a nicer versions of the songs, will you give Daddy back his phone please ?

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:17am
' I wish it could be Hillsborough every day, When the fans go silent and the bars begin to shake '

That's yer song

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:40am

Man Utd fans : I wish it could be Hillsborough every day

Liverpool / Leeds : Munich songs

Apparently the united chants were fairly bad in Anfield on Wed night. ..Not pointing finger at Utd fans, just using it as the latest example. Liverpool fans have been quick to comment about them on Wed night, but then the odd Liverpool fan on forums is pointing out that they sing about Munich in Old Trafford.
You can't say every club does it, but most do.
A few questions
Do the English media sweep this under the carpet ? Are they protecting the name of the Big Brilliant Premier League ? Afterall, there's fortunes to be earned from this league...and dieticians, physios , sports scientists, hotels, bars, players, executives, journos, tv companies, John Hartson, Andy Voronin, advertising companies, etc etc are making way too much money to discuss anything that might stop the crowds coming, especially the overseas investment from huge Asian companies ?
After any big game / Derby...go on a fans forum and inevitably they will discuss some of the horrific chanting....but it's never reported. BBC apparently noted it this week , for the first time.

Also why do fans do it ?.... Is it that in a mob, the morals and ethics settle at the level of the dumbest f**kers in the group.
I wonder was Iriwin a bit embarrased to be in the middle of it on Wed night at times ?

Liverpool fans have expressed their outrage at the Hillsborough mocking. Citing that many victims relatives were in Anfield Wed night
But the Liverpool fans still did , 'The Munich Airplane ' in the Sandon pub after the game.

Having Turkish Delighs bars thrown at us everytime I've been at OT wasn't overly pleasant

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:56am
f**k me that's serious bad luck......Every time youve been to Old Trafford you got a Turkish Delight thrown at you ?
My son supports Utd. Went to game with him before Christmas . Not a Turkush in sight. I don't like Turkish. He does.
That would be awful unpleasant. How many bars got thrown at you ??? And Every time ?..,How many times have you been ? That really is the lowest of the low. I hope none of them hit you or hurt you.

f**king bastards

Turkish aren't cheap either...Imagine if you went to a cup game at Grimbsy or Hull you'd be hit with cheaper chocolate. Now that would be low.

Easter coming bud...Be safe 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 2:31am

f**k me that's serious bad luck......Every time youve been to Old Trafford you got a Turkish Delight thrown at you ?
My son supports Utd. Went to game with him before Christmas . Not a Turkush in sight. I don't like Turkish. He does.
That would be awful unpleasant. How many bars got thrown at you ??? And Every time ?..,How many times have you been ? That really is the lowest of the low. I hope none of them hit you or hurt you.

f**king bastards

Turkish aren't cheap either...Imagine if you went to a cup game at Grimbsy or Hull you'd be hit with cheaper chocolate. Now that would be low.

Easter coming bud...Be safe 😂😂😂😂😂

As a Leeds fan, I've not been to OT very often but the 3 times I've been post Istanbul, yea there were Turkish delight bars thrown not to mention the "Always look out for Turks carrying knives" chant.

As for the rest of your post Confused 

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 4:31am
A good friend of mine was in the away end,he reckons the number of fans who sang about Hillsborough was blown out of proportion (he condemned those who did)

Unfortunately,it's just common practice for away fans to sing offensive chants at derbies,it's not just limited to England.It has been condemned by many fan,doesn't mean it won't happen again

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 5:35am
What I find gas is the fact so many Irish ''fans'' (I would prefer the more accurate term consumers meself) of both clubs seek to engage in plain oul  'whataboutery' when this subject arises. 

Some class of weird justification for scumbag behaviour ' Ah yeah, Man U fans sang about Hillsborough, but those disgraceful Liverpool fans sang about Munich in a pub beforehand' (Or a simple vice versa depending on where your foreign club allegiances lie) as if this somehow makes it equal or OK. 

E77 hit the nail on the head, simply a huge amount of EPL fans in general are brainless scum, regardless of club. SB's absolutely pathetic post about ''retaliation'' being an example just on this thread. 

Over in the children's section (AKA ROTW) , Liverpool fans on here (and going on the general age profile of the YBIG site, not too many over 30 years old) have been referred to as '' murderers'' by other lads not actually old enough, or maybe even born before 1985 to have sadly watched the Heysel disaster (and yes, Liverpool's scumbag fans more or less entirely to blame for it) unfolding live on TV. 

Absolutely zero comprehension of the scumbag fan culture that prevaded in England in those days from one set of fans/consumers, and absolutely zero regard for the scale of the human tragedy from another set of fans/consumers of a different club, few of which remember a time before a certain Scots lad was the manager of Man U. 

I'm half glad the brainless & witless continue to sing about these subjects, it gives our own brainless sheep (Well, my family has always supported Man U/Liverpool mate, it was handed down to me & I have no choice, and by the way it was nothing to do with the fact they happened to be winning all around them at the time) something to think about here & there. Not that it costs them much more than a few second's thought in general, but f**k it, they are precious seconds. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:52am
I'd go further than EPL Deise, English league teams and national team supporters not much better. Why Irish people choose to associate themselves with these knuckledragging jingoistic morons is one of life's continuing mysteries.

At least when we support our national team people pull others up when they cross the line (generally). There is a general culture of respect to others which has to be commended - it's the reason we are welcomed in other countries and our neighbours are usually not.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:54am
Same logic applies to LOI supports who wouldn't cover themselves in glory either.
They try and replicate everything our UK neighbours do too.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Same logic applies to LOI supports who wouldn't cover themselves in glory either.

I cringe at 'we'll beat them black and blue'. Great chant but no need for that line.

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 2:31pm

Spot on.

Was drinking with LOI Cork City fans yesterday in Cork who took great delight in telling me that they roared abuse at some middle aged Dublin couple who mistakenly went to the 'shed end' in Turner's Cross and he thought this would impress me.

He then started with some English style chant about hating dubs.

Anytime I've been to Cork they come out with this obsessive rubbish about Dublin and Dublin people/LOI teams.

LOI fans have their own arsehole element too and they even take the air of English chants which is embarrassing stuff as well.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

I'd go further than EPL Deise, English league teams and national team supporters not much better. Why Irish people choose to associate themselves with these knuckledragging jingoistic morons is one of life's continuing mysteries.

At least when we support our national team people pull others up when they cross the line (generally). There is a general culture of respect to others which has to be commended - it's the reason we are welcomed in other countries and our neighbours are usually not.

Your second point is spot on Eire but what Irish people/supporters are associating themselves with these morons?

-------------

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Spot on.

Was drinking with LOI Cork City fans yesterday in Cork who took great delight in telling me that they roared abuse at some middle aged Dublin couple who mistakenly went to the 'shed end' in Turner's Cross and he thought this would impress me.

Anytime I've been to Cork they come out with this obsessive rubbish about Dublin and Dublin people/LOI teams.

LOI fans have their own arsehole element too and they even take the air of English chants which is embarrassing stuff as well.

Ya that song is cringe alright. Never heard anything too outrageous at a LOI game tbh though just the occasional English style nonsense as you said. As for the Cork/Dublin thing I see where you are coming from but the most successful clubs are in Dublin so what do you expect. Noone overly fond of Dundalk either ha. Anyway miles of topic. I would say the famine song is the lowest chant I've heard in person

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 5:41pm
I have a fairly thick skin when it comes to bad taste chants designed to wind up opposition fans and players but mocking incidents where fellow football fans died tragically is too much for me and even after a skinful i would not join in (Hillsborough, Heysel, Munich, Leeds lads in Istanbul, Bradford fire etc). Should be left well alone

Thankfully you hear very little of it in international football

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Spot on.

Ya that song is cringe alright. Never heard anything too outrageous at a LOI game tbh though just the occasional English style nonsense as you said. As for the Cork/Dublin thing I see where you are coming from but the most successful clubs are in Dublin so what do you expect. Noone overly fond of Dundalk either ha. Anyway miles of topic. I would say the famine song is the lowest chant I've heard in person

Good post Cearrbhach.

It wasn't so much focused on some Dublin team LOI fan that was but this lad's ridiculous hatred for Dublin people.The fact myself and my mate from Mayo by default,he had us as sounder skins from the off which is daft tbh.

We still went on the piss with him for the nect 5 hours

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

I have a fairly thick skin when it comes to bad taste chants designed to wind up opposition fans and players but mocking incidents where fellow football fans died tragically is too much for me and even after a skinful i would not join in (Hillsborough, Heysel, Munich, Leeds lads in Istanbul, Bradford fire etc). Should be left well alone
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>

Exactly Dave.

But no right minded person engages with this rubbish.

I met Enlish fans at the euros and they were the soundest people you could meet.

We met others that were sound to us but acting the prick in the place we were drinking in and eventually got kicked out.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:29pm

A sizeable proportion of football fans in general are brainless scum. Its not just the EPL.

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Well, in the space 2mins they go from celebrating the killing of catholics to celebrating the killing of germans. 

There is a percentage of football fans are mindless, simple as and my comment about retaliation wasn't a justification i was merely pointing out why they do it. When Rangers begin their bouncy bouncy chant, they'll be getting something involving the IRA coming back in their direction that element will never leave football. If lads have a real issue with that and don't want to associated with it they should stick to rugby, GAA be real ffs there is a hooligan element to football there always has been, look at eastern europe Poland, Ukraine,Serbia  Hungary they're absolutely fanatical.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:47pm
So, SByrne..the solution to hooliganism and scummy behaviour is to do likewise or just not go? Someone else mentioned whataboutery a few posts back...

As for your suggestion to become a rugby fan...I think I would rather take a slap from some far right looney if those are the options.

Do you join in with these chants by the way?

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

So, SByrne..the solution to hooliganism and scummy behaviour is to do likewise or just not go? Someone else mentioned whataboutery a few posts back...

As for your suggestion to become a rugby fan...I think I would rather take a slap from some far right looney if those are the options.

No, I didn't say that. I used the rational behind the responses from supporters, i.e. chant about the famine, get the IRA sung back. Thats how its been for years, its not about to change because a few lads on YBIG moan about it.

Do I join in? in booing the English anthem as i pointed out before? No, I've no issue with the English nor England I live here. Do I sing, Celtic Symphony/Boys of the Old brigade at Celtic Park/Hampden, Yes I do. I'm a Glasgow Celtic fan, we've a bit more class then to chant about Hillsbrough or Munich we chant about the army who got our countries freedom.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:58pm
But the way to change it is to moan about it. The more football fans that condemn it the better. It might not work but the message is there that we don't want it

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:02pm

But the way to change it is to moan about it. The more football fans that condemn it the better. It might not work but the message is there that we don't want it

Are you a Man United/ Liverpool fan? 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:10pm

No, I didn't say that. I used the rational behind the responses from supporters, i.e. chant about the famine, get the IRA sung back. Thats how its been for years, its not about to change because a few lads on YBIG moan about it.

Do I join in? in booing the English anthem as i pointed out before? No, I've no issue with the English nor England I live here. Do I sing, Celtic Symphony/Boys of the Old brigade at Celtic Park/Hampden, Yes I do. I'm a Glasgow Celtic fan, we've a bit more class then to chant about Hillsbrough or Munich we chant about the army who got our countries freedom.

Aye, cause Celtic fans have never sung about the Ibrox disaster Embarrassed

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:30pm

Are you a Man United/ Liverpool fan? 
I like Man United but haven't been to game in years...why?

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:31pm
Did I just read Glasgow Celtic fan and class in the same sentence ?

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

While growing up I wasn't allowed to wear a Celtic top outside football training, I don't fit into the 'look at me I'm a Catholic' most Celtic fans do not see Celtic as a political statement or even making a statement of their religion for most of us its an Irish founded football club on Scottish soil with a proud Irish heritage and roots. However there is a percentage that portray our club as sectarian etc, I dislike Rangers because they're our neighbours and traditionally the club we have to challenge for the league not because of their colours or the majority of their fans political beliefs. Glasgow Celtic have decades of 'class' that some clubs in the British Isles can only dream off known throughout the world as the best club fans also.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 8:48am
What I don't get is the english football fans obsession with paedophiles. It seems to be the standard chant when they don't like a particular player or manager!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

What I don't get is the english football fans obsession with paedophiles. It seems to be the standard chant when they don't like a particular player or manager!

As an insult I get it but Leeds' fans claiming Jimmy Saville as one of their own is bizarre

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:26am

They do.. Sleepy

United fans were simply retaliating to listening to the Munich chant they love. 

Enjoy mass in the morning Fr Clap

United fans retaliated to the - Fergies right your fans are sh*te, chant with that sick Hillsborough one.

Hardly comparable, and in this case United fans let themselves down spectacularly

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:30am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Saw a video yesterday, not sure who the fans were but they sounded like Londoners, singing -

Arsene Wenger has a son, has a son, has a son, Arsene Wenger has a son....Adam Johnson
Arsene Wenger had a dad, had a dad, had a dad, Arsene Wenger had a dad...Jimmy Saville

Aul Wenger gets a tough time of it

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Did they?
I've never known that there was a song about it.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:55am

Did they?
I've never known that there was a song about it.

I've no doubts a few idiots probably have on a coach from West Belfast to an Old Firm however in the stadium, I've never knew such a song existed I've never even heard one in a bar myself,lets not forget our manager at the time was on the pitch helping the dead and wounded.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:59am

I saw one video a few years ago of fans on a bus to a celtic match singing a sick song about the disaster. Was the first and only time i'd ever heard the song and i've been to dozens of Celtic matches

Posted By: RoyD
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:38am

When did you hear this song been sung? In my 20yrs going to Glasgow iv heard it once, its was getting sung by 4/5 lads in a pub after a game.
I was in the Broomloan end when we played the huns on the 40th anniversary of the disaster. There was a minute silence before the game and to be honest i was dreading it on the build up to the game. I think there were a few lads who coughed and 1 idiot who start shouting, he was quickly told to shut the eff up. Out of 7000 fans in the Celtic end that minute silence was impeccably respected by 99.9% of our fans.

One song that never sat right with me was the Nacho Novo song.  

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:58am

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

While growing up I wasn't allowed to wear a Celtic top outside football training, I don't fit into the 'look at me I'm a Catholic' most Celtic fans do not see Celtic as a political statement or even making a statement of their religion for most of us its an Irish founded football club on Scottish soil with a proud Irish heritage and roots. However there is a percentage that portray our club as sectarian etc, I dislike Rangers because they're our neighbours and traditionally the club we have to challenge for the league not because of their colours or the majority of their fans political beliefs. Glasgow Celtic have decades of 'class' that some clubs in the British Isles can only dream off known throughout the world as the best club fans also.

Dead

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:39pm

Spot on.

As an aside, could you tell me what a LOI Cork City fan is? How do they differentiate from Cork City fans? Do they not support them in the cups?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 6:04pm
"Jestes Najlepszy malpa w Polsce"
"You're the best monkey in Poland"
Chanted by Wisla Krakow at one of their our black South American players when he was warming up. He applauded the "Ultras" singing it. Clarke Carlisle made up a few chants that he heard in his pre Euro 2012 anti Polish documentary. If he'd heard that his head would have exploded.

Posted By: Greengunner
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:34pm
Spurs fans songs about Sol Campbell are a bit rough too.

Sol, SOL Wherever you may be
You're on the Verge of Lunacy,
Couldn't care less if you're Hanging from a tree
You Judas **** with HIV...

followed up with a chorus of
"Jelly and Ice cream when Campbell DIES...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net