Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  
Of course we would. You are the only person who brought race into it, maybe look closer to home? Even by your standards that is a bizarre contribution.
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:38am

Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  
Of all the arguments in this thread, I think race has been the one thing we've all agreed is nothing to do with itConfusedwindow.post_1478511489847_16 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1478511491148_39 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:50am
As far as I know,this lad has had abuse over his racial background alright, but it's been when he played the sainted GAA not from loi fans.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:20am
I see Wexford Youths are advertising their managers position on Facebook.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:58am

I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  
Sweet f**king Jesus.EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 1:42am
Typical response from you "pre Madonna" - short, curt and vacuous. Any chance you might trouble what remains of the grey matter between your ears and actually debate the topic? On second thoughts, maybe you should keep trolling and using cliches like Jesus Wept, followed by emoticoms... 

As for you "RTID", has Chin committed a crime for preferring to hurl over playing soccer? We saw this before with Jayo Sherlock, who professed a greater interest in playing gaelic football than playing LOI for Rovers and was called a "slant-eyed fcuker" for his troubles.

There`s loads of garbage on social media blaming Chin, as though he was singularly responsible for Wexford`s defeat. The guy was on the bench in the first leg ffs and it just so happens he scored the 2nd goal. But the fact he was attending a gala event for another sport, on the night the Drogs deservedly beat Wexford, seems to send narrow minds like you into paroxysms of sneering comment.      
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:26am

Typical response from you "pre Madonna" - short, curt and vacuous. Any chance you might trouble what remains of the grey matter between your ears and actually debate the topic? On second thoughts, maybe you should keep trolling and using cliches like Jesus Wept, followed by emoticoms... 

That would be emoticons,as for the king of cliches giving out about my usage of one.LOLLOLLOLLOL You do realise that your own post was without substance, short and vacuous
The only reason I ever use emoticons or cliches is when there is simply no other response and a response is necessary, that is either because the post is accurate, funny or, as is regularly the case with your semi-literate ramblings, so stupid as to defy all logic, which was very much the case here. There is nothing to debate with you Xpro,ever. For a debate to occur you would need to make a semi-coherent point, you may have made one at some stage but as you know I find your posting style to be trite, cliched, repetitive, unimaginative and just plain boring. Your input on this matter was unavoidable and ,even by your standards , incredibly foolish. You may as well have told us that you like corned beef or the work of Su Pollard.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:48am

As for you "RTID", has Chin committed a crime for preferring to hurl over playing soccer? We saw this before with Jayo Sherlock, who professed a greater interest in playing gaelic football than playing LOI for Rovers and was called a "slant-eyed fcuker" for his troubles.

There`s loads of garbage on social media blaming Chin, as though he was singularly responsible for Wexford`s defeat. The guy was on the bench in the first leg ffs and it just so happens he scored the 2nd goal. But the fact he was attending a gala event for another sport, on the night the Drogs deservedly beat Wexford, seems to send narrow minds like you into paroxysms of sneering comment.      
Your previous contribution was bizarre. I am at a loss for words over this one. You and you alone have brought race into this, twice. If you have seen racist comment on this, tackle it where you see it, it has nothing to do with this site.

Your recalling of Jayo's time at UCD and Rovers is plain wrong. There was no acrimony when he 'retired' from his very successful spell, he simply couldn't cope with playing for three teams.

His 'crime' is preferring to go to a dinner dance than finish out the season. If there was a game on there would be no issue, or at least less, as there would be a valid choice. Personally I blame Youths for even considering this nonsense, and on a week of great publicity for the game another amateur hour story emerges.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:59am
Six lines of a post "pre Madonna" - now that must be a first from you. If you`d a bit more going on upstairs you could`ve condensed your insult into six words. It`s otherwise known as brevity and more associated with the adult world, but never mind...

This whole Chin nonsense "RTID" has been blown out of proportion and imo he`s been scapegoated for Wexford`s relegation. In my post I merely asked if there was a racist undercurrent there, because the guy was being blamed out of all proportion to his input to Wexford Youths. Cue hysterics from the usual suspects, including yourself. 

Wexford conceded 70 goals last season. They leaked reports of Keegan`s departure to Galway ahead of that crucial 2nd leg in Drogheda. Lee Chin was a bit-part player and not essential to the side like Danny Furlong, Graham Doyle or Paul Murphy. And yet all the focus was on Chin in the aftermath of losing.

You`re then left wondering, as I was, why all the focus was on Chin. The 70 goals conceded and the lack of goals upfront, along with the leak about Keegan`s departure, were far more significant. So that`s when I began to wonder about (whisper it) racist undertones and some of the comments on social media confirmed this for me. As for LC whose first love is hurling, being nominated for an All-Star is a major deal and not understood by your average LOI fan. 

"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:35pm

Six lines of a post "pre Madonna" - now that must be a first from you. If you`d a bit more going on upstairs you could`ve condensed your insult into six words. It`s otherwise known as brevity and more associated with the adult world, but never mind...

You clearly don't read the forum then, although, given your semi-literate responses, I would be surprised if you read anything at all, perhaps those colourful newspapers that like cliches almost as much as you. By the way, you cannot write could've, even if that is the way you say it. You also completely ignored the main fact of the post, that what you said was insanely stupid from you. Instead you dove straight in again and there is nothing I can say to that, other than it is hardly surprising that your first thought was Chin's ethnicity.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 1:29pm

This whole Chin nonsense "RTID" has been blown out of proportion and imo he`s been scapegoated for Wexford`s relegation. In my post I merely asked if there was a racist undercurrent there, because the guy was being blamed out of all proportion to his input to Wexford Youths. Cue hysterics from the usual suspects, including yourself. 

Wexford conceded 70 goals last season. They leaked reports of Keegan`s departure to Galway ahead of that crucial 2nd leg in Drogheda. Lee Chin was a bit-part player and not essential to the side like Danny Furlong, Graham Doyle or Paul Murphy. And yet all the focus was on Chin in the aftermath of losing.

You`re then left wondering, as I was, why all the focus was on Chin. The 70 goals conceded and the lack of goals upfront, along with the leak about Keegan`s departure, were far more significant. So that`s when I began to wonder about (whisper it) racist undertones and some of the comments on social media confirmed this for me. As for LC whose first love is hurling, being nominated for an All-Star is a major deal and not understood by your average LOI fan. 

You have clearly not read any of the contributions here and gone off on one. Its basic manners to read what was said as opposed to create a strawman that no-one except you has mentioned and then argue against it.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You have clearly not read any of the contributions here and gone off on one. Its basic manners to read what was said as opposed to create a strawman that no-one except you has mentioned and then argue against it.

If you read his posts he answers your questions.

What issue have you got with Wexford asking Chin to help them out for a few games?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

By the way, you cannot write could've, even if that is the way you say it.

Of course you can.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Of course you can.

It is still deemed incorrect to write the contracted form of 'could have'. If you don't like the rules of English then go and write in another language.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:44pm

Of course you can.

It is still deemed incorrect to write the contracted form of 'could have'. If you don't like the rules of English then go and write in another language.

Written language is a representation of the spoken word.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:55pm

Of course you can.

Written language is a representation of the spoken word.

Written language is always a more formal representation of the spoken word, for grammatical clarity. 'Could've' is terrible spoken and appalling when written. Of course written language changes due to conversation and slang but at a much slower pace. Language is in a terrible place as a result of people hastening it and misusing it, we are aware it will change but we do not need to expedite it, especially with cheap Americanisms.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
Ur ryt PM.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ur ryt PM.
Bollocks to you too LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic