Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53336
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wexford Youths
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: Wexford Youths
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:05pm
http://http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-confirms-deal-to-keep-ferrycarrig-park-in-football" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-confirms-deal-to-keep-ferrycarrig-park-in-football

Good news story regarding the FAI.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:16pm
fair play, credit where credits due. Would have been an absolute disaster had they lost their home through the fault of their owners business actions rather than anything the club had been part.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:47pm
good news 

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:08pm
Delighted for Mick Wallace he put a lot into Wexford football

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: nordlingen
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Delighted for Mick Wallace he put a lot into Wexford football

Yeah agree Doc...Mick put a lot more than his cash into Wexford Youths...

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
He is a good football man first and foremost 

-------------

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:45pm

And a thorn in the side of the treasonous coonts ruining Ireland Clap .

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

And a thorn in the side of the treasonous coonts ruining Ireland Clap .
This also

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:47pm

Ask all the Tradesmen waiting on money from him !

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

And every other construction company in Ireland i presume you meant to say

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

And every other construction company in Ireland i presume you meant to say

Wink

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: deise
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:04am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

http://http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-confirms-deal-to-keep-ferrycarrig-park-in-football" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-confirms-deal-to-keep-ferrycarrig-park-in-football

Good news svtory regarding the FAI.

Good news story but the only ones to put money down to buy tferrycarrig park was the Wexford football league and only got a 49% stake FAI got a 51% stake for no money. It cost the Wexford league 380000 thousands. Good day for FAI

-------------
bla bla bla

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:36am
Originally posted by deise deise wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Good news svtory regarding the FAI.

Good news story but the only ones to put money down to buy tferrycarrig park was the Wexford football league and only got a 49% stake FAI got a 51% stake for no money. It cost the Wexford league 380000 thousands. Good day for FAI

Where the f**k did the Wexford league get 380 grand?

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 8:23am
Excellent move by the FAI. The way to go, having a League of Ireland club and local leagues all under the one roof.

Posted By: HelloBarry
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 6:32am
And Wexford got an sponsorship from SBOBET(who sponsor West Ham United before)

This could be a start fo great season for Wexford!

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/701513097450758144

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 11:24pm
Mick Wallace on Vincent Brown answering questions about NAMA now wearing his Wexford Youths Jersey.

One of the best men that has ever been involved in the LOI.
Would love to see JD shafted and Mick put in, in his place.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 8:07am

Changes in the formation leads to 3-3 draw against the Bohemians!

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/710903979031568384

-------------
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 12:32am
yeah great to get first point in Premier Division......another late penno...? albeit a tough set of opening fixtures.....hon the Youths...

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 9:03am
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

yeah great to get first point in Premier Division......another late penno...? albeit a tough set of opening fixtures.....hon the Youths...

Yes it is! But I think Wexford can still show the sign of improvement in the long way run

-------------
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm
Not much happening around here ei?
Figure you guys might want something free, too just like me to watch the game live

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

Not much happening around here ei?
Figure you guys might want something free, too just like me.

Fingers crossed on me winning a jersey X:

Games of Chance

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:31pm
Blatant advertising. Should be banned.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:30pm
Have they actually had six players leave lately?

Posted By: Yellow Belly
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:22am
5 players and last years top goalscorer is supposed to have left don't know who he is going too.

-------------
get me out of hear

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

5 players and last years top goalscorer is supposed to have left don't know who he is going too.
All gone to New Zealand I thought? Really tough on Youths. It would have been a 50/50 game in the Play Off but you would think any of the 3 sides that could end up playing them will beat them.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 11:16am
Danny Furlong not gone to New Zealand but has left youths must be pissed off not getting much game time lately. Can't blame him showed loyalty to club but not returned. New faces came in there recently, lads that got them out of First Division not wanted now youths will need battle harden experience players for playoffs.

-------------
get me out of hear

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:47am
Can't see them staying up now at all

You wouldn't think furlong will have much difficulties finding a new club

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:12am
Rumours Danny Furlong has "unretired" himself and is back with youths must have made up with Keegan.

-------------
get me out of hear

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 1:08pm
Lee Chin out as he has to go on the beer with his bog hockey chums. Amateur hour

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Lee Chin out as he has to go on the beer with his bog hockey chums. Amateur hour

This on its own makes a flaming mockery of the league of ireland.

But great for the drogs, shame he wasn't going to a dinner dance on Monday though

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:18pm
Shocking reflection on the LOI and terrible publicity.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:44pm
Read this on another forum by a Youths fan, puts it in perspective for me:

Let's just put a few things in to perspective here. Wexford Youths are a relatively new club and we're trying to live within our means. Something we should, in my opinion, be given more credit for than we are.

The consequences of being an amateur club means that we don't have full control over the service of players. In recent years, we forged a great relationship with Carlow IT, which meant that we had access to their best players and had use of their facilities and coaching staff. The head coach there went to manage Southern United in New Zealand and immediately offered contracts to 5 of his former players. It was unforeseen, unwanted and couldn't be rebuffed by Wexford Youths.

As for Lee Chin not being available this Friday because of the Gah thing, I'm not happy about that for obvious reasons, but I fully accept his decision and thank him for his services so far. You have no idea what a Gah hero he is down here and for him to offer to play for us broke down a lot of barriers in the county. I know for a fact that he was put under a lot of pressure from the powers that be not to even walk in the gates of Ferrycarrig Park, so to play for us shows the mark of the man

Last year, we had the same problem with Paul Cahillane from Laois. When he signed, an agreement was reached on which LOI matches he would play and which Gah matches he would play. Not ideal, but there you go.

Other players left us during the year because they were not getting regular game time. That's easier to take if you are getting a few bob at the same time. We don't have that luxury. Our best prospect, Ryan Delaney signed for Burton Albion and we could only wish him the very best of luck with that

Personally, this season has shown me that competing at the highest level on an amateur basis is not really achievable. However, we've learnt a lot and, hopefully, we can address these issues going forward. What can you do when you have a midweek away game against a top team and some of your players can't get the time off from the day job? We've always had a revolving door policy on players and I thank them all (except 1 ***t) for taking the time and dedication to play for us

Forza Youths

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:02am
While there is an element of truth to the above, its still small time. Its their biggest game of the season, he is either in or out. Whatever about a game, this is a dinner dance.

I recall Rovers making the GAA pay for a helicopter for Jayo Sherlock to make a Rovers game as he wanted to play a club match that morning. That is a 'compromise'.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm
Kids in Wexford see Chin as their idol and a lot of them got their parents to bring them out to see him play football for youths.  Now he is not available to play the most important game of the year and he's going to a dinner dance those kids aren't interested in maybe getting a brief glance of him on TV they want to see him play live.  This is just another publicity stunt by him and his agent playing for the Youths was a publicity stunt because deep down he had no commitment to Wexford Youths Just himself and his public image as a sporting hero.  
This is a disgraceful decision by him and may come back to bite him in the future people can make excuses for him re the GAA but right is right and wrong is wrong.

-------------
get me out of hear

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:15pm
Will Youths retain his services?

-------------

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:27pm
He done them a favour by filling in for a few games at the end of the season. He owes Youths nothing.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

He done them a favour by filling in for a few games at the end of the season. He owes Youths nothing.
Exactly, Chin up lads.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:31pm

While there is an element of truth to the above, its still small time. Its their biggest game of the season, he is either in or out. Whatever about a game, this is a dinner dance.

I recall Rovers making the GAA pay for a helicopter for Jayo Sherlock to make a Rovers game as he wanted to play a club match that morning. That is a 'compromise'.

The LOI is a small local league.

I don't really think your story makes the point you were intending. The fact a Shamrock player played a GAA club match on the same day as a LOI match is very small time.

A bit of Celtic tiger excess doesn't change anything.

Also,just guessing here but I'd say Jayo was on professional forms and hence was legally obliged to be available for the game.

-------------

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:33pm
Keegan confirmed as galway boss for next season,wtf?few europeans on drogs tonight so.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:27pm
Got that one right,21-10 for drogs -1 tonight.woop.

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:41pm
Lee Chin getting unreal amount of abuse on social media

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Lee Chin getting unreal amount of deserved abuse of social media

Edit

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Edit
lol deserved is right

-------------

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:16pm

Lee Chin getting unreal amount of abuse on social media

Why? he gave them a dig-out. I'm glad they're relegated with their small-time approach. Who approaches another player from another sport like some junior outfit ?

Really hope Drogs strike on from here- a club with far more potential than Wexford will ever have.

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Keegan confirmed as galway boss for next season,wtf?few europeans on drogs tonight so.

So Galway sack their manager who delievered comfortable mid table and replace him with one who got his team relegated from the same division. Right ya are... as I said when TD got sacked, let's see if the next man can do a better job.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:22am
Galway will go down next season I'm afraid, no recruitment of players which is needed badly

-------------

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:36am

Galway will go down next season I'm afraid, no recruitment of players which is needed badly

That's the crazy thing. Dunne had them comfortable in the division and afaik a mainly local side. I really thought he had done a very good job. Fair enough if the board were showing massive ambition in replacing him but I'd imagine this appointment will leave many underwhelmed.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: Xpro
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:55am
Lee Chin will be scapegoated for committing himself to a GAA all-stars dinner but this tie was decided over 180 mins. And besides, Chin was only a sub in the 1st leg before coming on to score the 2nd goal, so bollix to that.

Great win for the Drogs and good to see hometown players like Brennan and Thornton score two of the goals. But where now for Wexford? I think it`ll be a long way back, with Keegan gone to Galway and their better players like Paul Murphy likely to be snapped up by PD sides. Cobh will come back stronger next season and UCD, as usual, will be there or thereabouts.

-------------
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Edit

Explain how it is deserved gents ? 

The manager (who has himself shown his long term commitment to Wexford Youths.......) rang the player and asked him to play for a few weeks. Chin decided to make himself available, but only on his own terms. The manager went along with that. He could have told Chin to get lost, he wasn't having a bar of it, he wanted someone with more commitment,  but he didn't do any of that, he accepted the terms Chin asked for. It worked OK last week & Chin scored a vital goal for them. 

It would be very different had Chin played for the season & abandoned them, but he was clear from day 1 that hurling was his priority. The decision he made to go to a hurling awards ceremony was his alone to make under the terms he signed up for. I'm not sure who can or should be criticising him, if he had intentions of going back to play with them next season or something, fair enough, but he doesn't. 

Here is his own explanation of it, for what it is worth; 

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/lee-chin-explains-wexford-youths-contract-choosing-star-awards-final-game/101542" rel="nofollow - http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/lee-chin-explains-wexford-youths-contract-choosing-star-awards-final-game/101542

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:14am
I think Drogheda offer more to the league than Wexford.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:49am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

So Galway sack their manager who delievered comfortable mid table and replace him with one who got his team relegated from the same division. Right ya are... as I said when TD got sacked, let's see if the next man can do a better job.

Never mind the fact Galway would have a bigger budget than Wexford Youths or the fact Shane Keegan worked wonders to get Wexford promoted last season in the first place.....

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:01am
Seems a lot of people jumped the gun with Chin, piece by Dan Mcdonnell today saying Chin wouldn't have been in the country for either leg only for the awards, was supposed to be in Asia but then stayed because of the awards and was thus available for the first leg

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:40am
Can't believe the negative comments about Chin.  He made it clear in September that he would make himself available for the remaining 6 Premier Div matches which he did.  He went further and made himself available for a further match(the first leg of the play off).  He has always made it clear that he is No 1. a GAA man and even more so a Hurling man.  If so called soccer supporters keep hounding him, we will definitely have lost another sportsman to the game we love and who can blame him.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 11:05am
Yeah all the crap about Chin is very undeserved. He's a better player than a good chunk of the league, who football people are driving out of the game because of his connection to the GAA. 

Sounds to me like people are just using it as another excuse for some GAA-bashing. Calling it "bog hockey", "dinner dance" etc is just petty. 

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah all the crap about Chin is very undeserved. He's a better player than a good chunk of the league, who football people are driving out of the game because of his connection to the GAA. 

Sounds to me like people are just using it as another excuse for some GAA-bashing. Calling it "bog hockey", "dinner dance" etc is just petty. 

Bog hockey

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Bog hockey
think that's RTID

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:42pm
It is mine. I thank you.

Between youths and Chin it's amateur hour. A dig out? He is either in or he is out. The fact he was arrogant enough to dictate terms and Youths were small time enough to accept them us what is demeaning here. You have Dundalk pushing top European sides and this. The penny may or may not drop but they have a year to think about it

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:47pm

sorry, driven out? He chose to go on the beer and that was woefully small time nd immature from him and from what i gather put the shudders up wexford gaa.

If both parties were naive enough not to expect negative press that is their problem. Lots of better gah players than him managed to juggle professional ball and gah fine.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:51pm

He really isn't though, his technique is border line awful and this is coming from lads who've been down to watch Wexford a lot recently (great goal for Drogheda to his credit) said all he has is fitness and strength, but all around a very poor footballer. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:52pm
As for Shedite's football people chasing away GAA players ffs LOL

The GAA banned people playing soccer up until what 20/30 years ago! 

-------------

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:54am

It is mine. I thank you.

Between youths and Chin it's amateur hour. A dig out? He is either in or he is out. The fact he was arrogant enough to dictate terms and Youths were small time enough to accept them us what is demeaning here. You have Dundalk pushing top European sides and this. The penny may or may not drop but they have a year to think about it

But more so the latter than the former RTID, even yerself as a staunch Thomas Davis card carrying club member of many years has to admit that. It was well within their perogative to tell him to fcuk off for himself under the circumstances, the fact is, they didn't. Nothing much to be gained for Wexford by whinging about it at this stage. 

Your sources are correct about some local Wexford GAA elements not wanting him to go next or near Ferrycarraig under any circumstances, but all that really says about them is they are a reverse mirror image of your own disdain for GAA sports (and joking aside, I accept you have valid reasons for that disdain), whether you, me, or any Wexford youths fan thinks otherwise, the fact is Chin is more concerned about how he gets on under the new Wex hurling manager than Shane Keegan's replacement. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: skinnymalinx
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Irrespective of his allegiance to gah over football, he choose chicken in a basket and pints, over a game of relative significance albeit in another code.
What sort of serious sportsperson does that?

Answer : a mucksavage.

-------------
beware the ides of march

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:01am
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Irrespective of his allegiance to gah over football, he choose chicken in a basket and pints, over a game of relative significance albeit in another code.
What sort of serious sportsperson does that?

Answer : a mucksavage.

Well he didn't really, he was due to travel to Asia and miss both play off games, but after he got nominated he didn't travel, as a result was able to play the first leg. The chicken in a basket and pints actually helped Wexford

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:39am
Seriously,did the absence of this fella change the gameplan enough for drogs to turn it around so completely?wexford fans blaming all on lee chin really are looking in the wrong place imo,the manager doing a roddy a couple of days before would have had a much more poisonous effect on the dressing room surely.while a player opting out of your biggest game of the season is just unacceptable ,he is no diego costa so it shouldnt have much bearing on the outcome.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:47am

sorry, driven out? He chose to go on the beer and that was woefully small time nd immature from him and from what i gather put the shudders up wexford gaa.
YEs he chose to "go on the beer" (lad doesn't drink), but yeah I can't imagine he's likely to offer Youths his services for any of next season now is he?

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He's a better player than a good chunk of the league,
He really isn't though, his technique is border line awful and this is coming from lads who've been down to watch Wexford a lot recently (great goal for Drogheda to his credit) said all he has is fitness and strength, but all around a very poor footballer. 
No loss so I suppose, why the f**k does anyone care about him?

Is this just about getting one back on the GAA so?

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:37am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It is mine. I thank you.

But more so the latter than the former RTID, even yerself as a staunch Thomas Davis card carrying club member of many years has to admit that. It was well within their perogative to tell him to fcuk off for himself under the circumstances, the fact is, they didn't. Nothing much to be gained for Wexford by whinging about it at this stage. 

Your sources are correct about some local Wexford GAA elements not wanting him to go next or near Ferrycarraig under any circumstances, but all that really says about them is they are a reverse mirror image of your own disdain for GAA sports (and joking aside, I accept you have valid reasons for that disdain), whether you, me, or any Wexford youths fan thinks otherwise, the fact is Chin is more concerned about how he gets on under the new Wex hurling manager than Shane Keegan's replacement. 

Yeah, that is it. It is Youths who should be embarrassed here, I know they were amateur but this was very small time. Chin himself has done nothing wrong, by all accounts, including his own, he isn't a great footballer anyway so should they have put themselves in a situation where they are relying on a hurler?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 12:37pm

YEs he chose to "go on the beer" (lad doesn't drink), but yeah I can't imagine he's likely to offer Youths his services for any of next season now is he?

He's a better player than a good chunk of the league,
No loss so I suppose, why the f**k does anyone care about him?

Is this just about getting one back on the GAA so?
The fact you are talking about 'offering his sevice' is precisely he point. That's the small time attitude i have an issue with. Can you imagine Cork, Rovers or Dundalk agreeing to this? I reference back to Jayo at Rovers, admittedly he was full time.

Maybe there is a cultural difference here, agri sports players ditch their clubs to play county stuff that simply doesn't translate.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It is mine. I thank you.

And do you think he will be impressed by his lack of commitment?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 2:09pm
I'd say the wexford hurling boss (fitzgerald?) probably wont question his commitment, just be happy hes not involved in the garrison game.the old attitudes still persist i think.gaelic games like rugby have a lot of positive aspects but both give the impression of looking down on "soccer".

Posted By: deise
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 4:34pm
Lee Chin gave Youths a dig out!!! heard today that he got 3000 Euros for his dig out not bad money for  six games. Some of the players  that left an d went to New Zealand and got stick about it wouldn't have minded getting that sort of money for 6 matches and a few weeks training. Not bad money eh buy a lot of baskets of chicken and chips with it. Keegan caused a bit of unrest in dressing room with bringing chin in.

Danny Furlong is off to New Zealand aswell.

Chin up Youths

-------------
bla bla bla

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:28am
I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  

Racist undertones!!!

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:25am

Of course we would. You are the only person who brought race into it, maybe look closer to home? Even by your standards that is a bizarre contribution.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:38am

Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  
Of all the arguments in this thread, I think race has been the one thing we've all agreed is nothing to do with itConfusedwindow.post_1478511489847_16 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1478511491148_39 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:50am
As far as I know,this lad has had abuse over his racial background alright, but it's been when he played the sainted GAA not from loi fans.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:20am
I see Wexford Youths are advertising their managers position on Facebook.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:58am

Sweet f**king Jesus.EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 1:42am
Typical response from you "pre Madonna" - short, curt and vacuous. Any chance you might trouble what remains of the grey matter between your ears and actually debate the topic? On second thoughts, maybe you should keep trolling and using cliches like Jesus Wept, followed by emoticoms... 

As for you "RTID", has Chin committed a crime for preferring to hurl over playing soccer? We saw this before with Jayo Sherlock, who professed a greater interest in playing gaelic football than playing LOI for Rovers and was called a "slant-eyed fcuker" for his troubles.

There`s loads of garbage on social media blaming Chin, as though he was singularly responsible for Wexford`s defeat. The guy was on the bench in the first leg ffs and it just so happens he scored the 2nd goal. But the fact he was attending a gala event for another sport, on the night the Drogs deservedly beat Wexford, seems to send narrow minds like you into paroxysms of sneering comment.      

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:26am

Typical response from you "pre Madonna" - short, curt and vacuous. Any chance you might trouble what remains of the grey matter between your ears and actually debate the topic? On second thoughts, maybe you should keep trolling and using cliches like Jesus Wept, followed by emoticoms... 

That would be emoticons,as for the king of cliches giving out about my usage of one.LOLLOLLOLLOL You do realise that your own post was without substance, short and vacuous
The only reason I ever use emoticons or cliches is when there is simply no other response and a response is necessary, that is either because the post is accurate, funny or, as is regularly the case with your semi-literate ramblings, so stupid as to defy all logic, which was very much the case here. There is nothing to debate with you Xpro,ever. For a debate to occur you would need to make a semi-coherent point, you may have made one at some stage but as you know I find your posting style to be trite, cliched, repetitive, unimaginative and just plain boring. Your input on this matter was unavoidable and ,even by your standards , incredibly foolish. You may as well have told us that you like corned beef or the work of Su Pollard.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:48am

As for you "RTID", has Chin committed a crime for preferring to hurl over playing soccer? We saw this before with Jayo Sherlock, who professed a greater interest in playing gaelic football than playing LOI for Rovers and was called a "slant-eyed fcuker" for his troubles.

There`s loads of garbage on social media blaming Chin, as though he was singularly responsible for Wexford`s defeat. The guy was on the bench in the first leg ffs and it just so happens he scored the 2nd goal. But the fact he was attending a gala event for another sport, on the night the Drogs deservedly beat Wexford, seems to send narrow minds like you into paroxysms of sneering comment.      
Your previous contribution was bizarre. I am at a loss for words over this one. You and you alone have brought race into this, twice. If you have seen racist comment on this, tackle it where you see it, it has nothing to do with this site.

Your recalling of Jayo's time at UCD and Rovers is plain wrong. There was no acrimony when he 'retired' from his very successful spell, he simply couldn't cope with playing for three teams.

His 'crime' is preferring to go to a dinner dance than finish out the season. If there was a game on there would be no issue, or at least less, as there would be a valid choice. Personally I blame Youths for even considering this nonsense, and on a week of great publicity for the game another amateur hour story emerges.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:59am
Six lines of a post "pre Madonna" - now that must be a first from you. If you`d a bit more going on upstairs you could`ve condensed your insult into six words. It`s otherwise known as brevity and more associated with the adult world, but never mind...

This whole Chin nonsense "RTID" has been blown out of proportion and imo he`s been scapegoated for Wexford`s relegation. In my post I merely asked if there was a racist undercurrent there, because the guy was being blamed out of all proportion to his input to Wexford Youths. Cue hysterics from the usual suspects, including yourself. 

Wexford conceded 70 goals last season. They leaked reports of Keegan`s departure to Galway ahead of that crucial 2nd leg in Drogheda. Lee Chin was a bit-part player and not essential to the side like Danny Furlong, Graham Doyle or Paul Murphy. And yet all the focus was on Chin in the aftermath of losing.

You`re then left wondering, as I was, why all the focus was on Chin. The 70 goals conceded and the lack of goals upfront, along with the leak about Keegan`s departure, were far more significant. So that`s when I began to wonder about (whisper it) racist undertones and some of the comments on social media confirmed this for me. As for LC whose first love is hurling, being nominated for an All-Star is a major deal and not understood by your average LOI fan. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:35pm

Six lines of a post "pre Madonna" - now that must be a first from you. If you`d a bit more going on upstairs you could`ve condensed your insult into six words. It`s otherwise known as brevity and more associated with the adult world, but never mind...

You clearly don't read the forum then, although, given your semi-literate responses, I would be surprised if you read anything at all, perhaps those colourful newspapers that like cliches almost as much as you. By the way, you cannot write could've, even if that is the way you say it. You also completely ignored the main fact of the post, that what you said was insanely stupid from you. Instead you dove straight in again and there is nothing I can say to that, other than it is hardly surprising that your first thought was Chin's ethnicity.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 1:29pm

This whole Chin nonsense "RTID" has been blown out of proportion and imo he`s been scapegoated for Wexford`s relegation. In my post I merely asked if there was a racist undercurrent there, because the guy was being blamed out of all proportion to his input to Wexford Youths. Cue hysterics from the usual suspects, including yourself. 

Wexford conceded 70 goals last season. They leaked reports of Keegan`s departure to Galway ahead of that crucial 2nd leg in Drogheda. Lee Chin was a bit-part player and not essential to the side like Danny Furlong, Graham Doyle or Paul Murphy. And yet all the focus was on Chin in the aftermath of losing.

You`re then left wondering, as I was, why all the focus was on Chin. The 70 goals conceded and the lack of goals upfront, along with the leak about Keegan`s departure, were far more significant. So that`s when I began to wonder about (whisper it) racist undertones and some of the comments on social media confirmed this for me. As for LC whose first love is hurling, being nominated for an All-Star is a major deal and not understood by your average LOI fan. 

You have clearly not read any of the contributions here and gone off on one. Its basic manners to read what was said as opposed to create a strawman that no-one except you has mentioned and then argue against it.

-------------

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:04pm

You have clearly not read any of the contributions here and gone off on one. Its basic manners to read what was said as opposed to create a strawman that no-one except you has mentioned and then argue against it.

If you read his posts he answers your questions.

What issue have you got with Wexford asking Chin to help them out for a few games?

-------------
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

By the way, you cannot write could've, even if that is the way you say it.

Of course you can.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Of course you can.

It is still deemed incorrect to write the contracted form of 'could have'. If you don't like the rules of English then go and write in another language.

-------------

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:44pm

Of course you can.

It is still deemed incorrect to write the contracted form of 'could have'. If you don't like the rules of English then go and write in another language.

Written language is a representation of the spoken word.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 4:55pm

Of course you can.

Written language is a representation of the spoken word.

Written language is always a more formal representation of the spoken word, for grammatical clarity. 'Could've' is terrible spoken and appalling when written. Of course written language changes due to conversation and slang but at a much slower pace. Language is in a terrible place as a result of people hastening it and misusing it, we are aware it will change but we do not need to expedite it, especially with cheap Americanisms.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
Ur ryt PM.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ur ryt PM.
Bollocks to you too LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 7:09pm
It would'nt be the first nor it won't be the last thing to be written incorrectly on this or any other forum........Disapprove

anyway where were we ? oh yeah, as much as we all find it strange that any  LOI club would look for a dig out, i suppose a desperate situation required a desperate solution...Youths had already lost half a team to NZ and possibly had others injured...2 matches to survive !!!!

Posted By: de scientist
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 3:55am
has the yacht club released a statement on this? or the peoples republic supporters club of GUFCT? 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 7:21am
Originally posted by de scientist de scientist wrote:

has the yacht club released a statement on this? or the peoples republic supporters club of GUFCT? 
Ohhh do Sci do tell .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

What issue have you got with Wexford asking Chin to help them out for a few games?
Other than the chronic amateur hour aspect of it, none at all. Youths will have all year in the graveyard to figure it out.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 5:30pm
Will Keegan take any of his former players/coaches with him to Galway and which ones Murphy, Delaney, Grace.

-------------
get me out of hear

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 5:58pm

Other than the chronic amateur hour aspect of it, none at all. Youths will have all year in the graveyard to figure it out.

But they are an amateur club.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm

Its really heartwarming to see your concern for Wexford Youths.

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 10:04pm

An amatuer club acting like an amateur club, Who would have thought it!

What did you want them to do, pay players money they didn't have to make sure they were tied down all season and prob not last the season (i.e Monaghan)

Since you know everything and are always right, What would your solution have been when the players left them to go to New Zeland

-------------
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:36am
The way I saw it, I thought Wexford were a welcome addition to the PD season just gone. They helped the geographical spread of the league and with Waterford so far from contention in Div 1, at least the Youths represented the South East.

But with Limerick and Drogheda Utd replacing Longford and Wexford in the season ahead, is this not the strongest 12-team league we`ve had in years? Limerick have broken all records in being promoted from Div 1 and the Drogs under Pete Mahon/John Gill, (is Mark Kinsella still involved?), certainly won`t be making up the numbers. I could be wrong but I can see the 2017 season being very competitive.     

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 8:55am

An amatuer club acting like an amateur club, Who would have thought it!

What did you want them to do, pay players money they didn't have to make sure they were tied down all season and prob not last the season (i.e Monaghan)

Since you know everything and are always right, What would your solution have been when the players left them to go to New Zeland
And they have been relegated. QED...

Just because you don't pay players does not mean you don't run yourself properly. Allowing a limited player to dictate terms at a critical time is a recipe for disaster, and disaster is what happened.

There is no way you would be accepting of this if it happened at Dundalk.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net