Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wexford Youths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah all the crap about Chin is very undeserved. He's a better player than a good chunk of the league, who football people are driving out of the game because of his connection to the GAA. 

Sounds to me like people are just using it as another excuse for some GAA-bashing. Calling it "bog hockey", "dinner dance" etc is just petty. 

Bog hockey
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Yeah all the crap about Chin is very undeserved. He's a better player than a good chunk of the league, who football people are driving out of the game because of his connection to the GAA. 

Sounds to me like people are just using it as another excuse for some GAA-bashing. Calling it "bog hockey", "dinner dance" etc is just petty. 

Bog hockey
think that's RTID
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:42pm
It is mine. I thank you.

Between youths and Chin it's amateur hour. A dig out? He is either in or he is out. The fact he was arrogant enough to dictate terms and Youths were small time enough to accept them us what is demeaning here. You have Dundalk pushing top European sides and this. The penny may or may not drop but they have a year to think about it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:47pm

sorry, driven out? He chose to go on the beer and that was woefully small time nd immature from him and from what i gather put the shudders up wexford gaa.

If both parties were naive enough not to expect negative press that is their problem. Lots of better gah players than him managed to juggle professional ball and gah fine.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:51pm

He really isn't though, his technique is border line awful and this is coming from lads who've been down to watch Wexford a lot recently (great goal for Drogheda to his credit) said all he has is fitness and strength, but all around a very poor footballer. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:52pm
As for Shedite's football people chasing away GAA players ffs LOL

The GAA banned people playing soccer up until what 20/30 years ago! 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:54am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It is mine. I thank you.

Between youths and Chin it's amateur hour. A dig out? He is either in or he is out. The fact he was arrogant enough to dictate terms and Youths were small time enough to accept them us what is demeaning here. You have Dundalk pushing top European sides and this. The penny may or may not drop but they have a year to think about it

But more so the latter than the former RTID, even yerself as a staunch Thomas Davis card carrying club member of many years has to admit that. It was well within their perogative to tell him to fcuk off for himself under the circumstances, the fact is, they didn't. Nothing much to be gained for Wexford by whinging about it at this stage. 

Your sources are correct about some local Wexford GAA elements not wanting him to go next or near Ferrycarraig under any circumstances, but all that really says about them is they are a reverse mirror image of your own disdain for GAA sports (and joking aside, I accept you have valid reasons for that disdain), whether you, me, or any Wexford youths fan thinks otherwise, the fact is Chin is more concerned about how he gets on under the new Wex hurling manager than Shane Keegan's replacement. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Irrespective of his allegiance to gah over football, he choose chicken in a basket and pints, over a game of relative significance albeit in another code.
What sort of serious sportsperson does that?

Answer : a mucksavage.

Edited by skinnymalinx - 06 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:01am
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Irrespective of his allegiance to gah over football, he choose chicken in a basket and pints, over a game of relative significance albeit in another code.
What sort of serious sportsperson does that?

Answer : a mucksavage.

Well he didn't really, he was due to travel to Asia and miss both play off games, but after he got nominated he didn't travel, as a result was able to play the first leg. The chicken in a basket and pints actually helped Wexford

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:39am
Seriously,did the absence of this fella change the gameplan enough for drogs to turn it around so completely?wexford fans blaming all on lee chin really are looking in the wrong place imo,the manager doing a roddy a couple of days before would have had a much more poisonous effect on the dressing room surely.while a player opting out of your biggest game of the season is just unacceptable ,he is no diego costa so it shouldnt have much bearing on the outcome.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:47am

sorry, driven out? He chose to go on the beer and that was woefully small time nd immature from him and from what i gather put the shudders up wexford gaa.
YEs he chose to "go on the beer" (lad doesn't drink), but yeah I can't imagine he's likely to offer Youths his services for any of next season now is he?

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He's a better player than a good chunk of the league,
He really isn't though, his technique is border line awful and this is coming from lads who've been down to watch Wexford a lot recently (great goal for Drogheda to his credit) said all he has is fitness and strength, but all around a very poor footballer. 
No loss so I suppose, why the f**k does anyone care about him?

Is this just about getting one back on the GAA so?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:37am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It is mine. I thank you.

But more so the latter than the former RTID, even yerself as a staunch Thomas Davis card carrying club member of many years has to admit that. It was well within their perogative to tell him to fcuk off for himself under the circumstances, the fact is, they didn't. Nothing much to be gained for Wexford by whinging about it at this stage. 

Your sources are correct about some local Wexford GAA elements not wanting him to go next or near Ferrycarraig under any circumstances, but all that really says about them is they are a reverse mirror image of your own disdain for GAA sports (and joking aside, I accept you have valid reasons for that disdain), whether you, me, or any Wexford youths fan thinks otherwise, the fact is Chin is more concerned about how he gets on under the new Wex hurling manager than Shane Keegan's replacement. 

Yeah, that is it. It is Youths who should be embarrassed here, I know they were amateur but this was very small time. Chin himself has done nothing wrong, by all accounts, including his own, he isn't a great footballer anyway so should they have put themselves in a situation where they are relying on a hurler?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 12:37pm

YEs he chose to "go on the beer" (lad doesn't drink), but yeah I can't imagine he's likely to offer Youths his services for any of next season now is he?

He's a better player than a good chunk of the league,
No loss so I suppose, why the f**k does anyone care about him?

Is this just about getting one back on the GAA so?
The fact you are talking about 'offering his sevice' is precisely he point. That's the small time attitude i have an issue with. Can you imagine Cork, Rovers or Dundalk agreeing to this? I reference back to Jayo at Rovers, admittedly he was full time.

Maybe there is a cultural difference here, agri sports players ditch their clubs to play county stuff that simply doesn't translate.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It is mine. I thank you.

And do you think he will be impressed by his lack of commitment?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 2:09pm
I'd say the wexford hurling boss (fitzgerald?) probably wont question his commitment, just be happy hes not involved in the garrison game.the old attitudes still persist i think.gaelic games like rugby have a lot of positive aspects but both give the impression of looking down on "soccer".
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 4:34pm
Lee Chin gave Youths a dig out!!! heard today that he got 3000 Euros for his dig out not bad money for  six games. Some of the players  that left an d went to New Zealand and got stick about it wouldn't have minded getting that sort of money for 6 matches and a few weeks training. Not bad money eh buy a lot of baskets of chicken and chips with it. Keegan caused a bit of unrest in dressing room with bringing chin in.

Danny Furlong is off to New Zealand aswell.

Chin up Youths
bla bla bla
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:28am
I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

I`ve heard hurling variously described as everything from "bog hockey" to "stick fighting". While I might smile at these descriptions, I loved playing the game in my teens and was awestruck by the skill of Kilkenny clubs we played at juvenile level.

Lee Chin grew up in the hurling environment of Wexford. It`s the county game, to put it in context. Is there not a racist undertone to all of this? If for instance the guy was Seamus Og Murphy from New Ross, who chose to attend the biggest event on the GAA calendar as a nominee, (instead of sitting on the bench of Wexford Youths for a 2nd leg play-off), would we even be discussing this?  

Racist undertones!!!
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic