You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 143>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 2:36pm
It's bollocks. Read the comments on Twatter under the Houston Dash statement, the male coach gave a bollocking to certain players who turned up hungover and late to training. AKA emotional harassment. 
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:15am
FIFA codes issued today by FAI for Ireland Fans Section.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:46pm
Statement of hers and her interview earlier, couldn't be more sincere in my view. Hope she gets all the support and backing she needs. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 12:37pm
Good interview here on OTB. 
To be honest I think she needs to take legal action 

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 8:39am
Vera very deservingly won the manager of the year award at the RTE sports awards. The woman very unlucky not to win the team award (although I couldn't argue against two boys who got ot for the rowing)
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
sligoybig View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sligoybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 9:04pm
Just wondering if anyone has any spares for the Australia game. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:47pm
Confirmed in the last few hours that our opening WC game against Australia has been moved to the 82,500 seater Stadium Australia. Its mental to think not too long ago the WNT were playing in Richmond Park in front of crowds just touching 1'000!

Everyone involved in Irish Women's football who have, by hook or by crook, moved things forward in the last decade deserve huge credit. Onwards and up wards
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:52pm

Aoife Mannion should be told thanks and we'll see you after the World Cup if you're still interested in playing for us then. She's been on the scene for 10 years and shown absolutely no interest until we qualify for a World Cup, even though she hasn't been capped by England at any level since 2016. I'd have absolutely no time for the likes of her taking squad places off the players who actually qualified us for the tournament.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Aoife Mannion should be told thanks and we'll see you after the World Cup if you're still interested in playing for us then. She's been on the scene for 10 years and shown absolutely no interest until we qualify for a World Cup, even though she hasn't been capped by England at any level since 2016. I'd have absolutely no time for the likes of her taking squad places off the players who actually qualified us for the tournament.

Both parents are Irish, she's eligible, playing at a big club and she might improve our chances, dont see any problem with it. Would you turn down the likes of Maddison/Gallagher/Bamford/Delap if they suddenly decided to come on board for the mens team?

IMO There's no point in adopting such a puritanical view in this day and age when all other countries are doing much the same. 
Idah Dream!
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:40pm
A real shame them didn't get to play in the Aviva before departure.
Could have made it a real family event 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Would you turn down the likes of Maddison/Gallagher/Bamford/Delap if they suddenly decided to come on board for the mens team?

IMO There's no point in adopting such a puritanical view in this day and age when all other countries are doing much the same. 

It depends when they came on board. If they came in now when we're doing nothing of note, then great, welcome aboard.

But if they came in after we qualified for a World Cup, but before the tournament itself, having shown no interest for years before that, they could f**k off as far as I'm concerned. That's what Mannion is looking to do here. She's 27 - where's she been up to now - waiting for another England call up is where. Now suddenly she wants in because there's a chance to play at a World Cup. 

She's more than welcome after the World Cup if she wants to come in at that stage.

Edited by You Tell Me - 10 Feb 2023 at 3:25pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:19pm
Shame that these 3 have taken the places of 3 young home based players. Have they shown any previous interest in declaring I wonder. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Shame that these 3 have taken the places of 3 young home based players. Have they shown any previous interest in declaring I wonder. 

Sure you could have said the same thing in the Charlton era!
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:28pm
I could be forgetting, but I don't remember many older overseas players coming in during the Charlton era in the periods between when we qualified for the two World Cups and the tournaments themselves.

Tim Cahill tried to do it under Mick before the 2002 tournament if I remember correctly.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:30pm

Well Mannion's been purposely avoiding us for 10 years anyway, until it suddenly suits her to find her inner Irishness just before a World Cup. Don't know what the story is with the others.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:30pm

I could be forgetting, but I don't remember many older overseas players coming in during the Charlton era in the periods between when we qualified for the two World Cups and the tournaments themselves.

Tim Cahill tried to do it under Mick before the 2002 tournament if I remember correctly.

Steve Bruce was on the verge before the 94 WC until Ferguson put the kibosh on it afaik.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Would you turn down the likes of Maddison/Gallagher/Bamford/Delap if they suddenly decided to come on board for the mens team?

It depends when they came on board. If they came in now when we're doing nothing of note, then great, welcome aboard.

But if they came in after we qualified for a World Cup, but before the tournament itself, having shown no interest for years before that, they could f**k off as far as I'm concerned. That's what Mannion is looking to do here. She's 27 - where's she been up to now - waiting for another England call up is where. Now suddenly she wants in because there's a chance to play at a World Cup. 

She's more than welcome after the World Cup if she wants to come in at that stage.

Ah look, I dont know much about womens soccer but from what I have read, Mannion is playing for one of the top clubs in one of the top leagues in womens football, she's eligible with very strong Irish roots. Pauw is absolutely right to be having a look at her imo. After that it's up to the manager to decide whether or not it risks team cohesion etc. but if she can significantly improve the starting XI in advance of the World Cup, then Pauw would be crazy not to try to get her on board. 

Btw I have never seen her play and I have no idea if she represents an improvement on what we have already. Does she even start regularly in the WSL?

I'd say the same thing if the mens team qualified for the Euros and the likes of Gallagher or Maddison were suddenly interested. Just look at what even the likes of top nations like Spain. Portugal, Germany do to get foreign born players on board.
Idah Dream!
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 3:37pm

Well Mannion's been purposely avoiding us for 10 years anyway, until it suddenly suits her to find her inner Irishness just before a World Cup. Don't know what the story is with the others.

Vera has said the Sheva doesn't need fifa clearance as she has been in a training camp before at youth level and has only ever wanted to play for Ireland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 143>
  Share Topic