Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 143>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

At least the faux interest in this is over
Clown

Obviously you've never been to the home games at Tallaght Stadium.....

What did everyonr think of the standard....... Have they made cas for equal pay?

Honesty appreciated. 
International football shouldn't be about money tbh, especially in the men's game in this day and age of mega money. If the international men's team get paid I'd assume they donate to charity. The money would be much more appreciated by the partly amateur woman's team so I would have absolutely no problem in them getting equal pay

You skillfully avoided the question about standard........ 
Of course the standard isn't as good. There's a lot more at play than that. Very few people are paid in that way
Sponsored Links

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Just unbelievable stuff, what is it about Irish sides when it comes to getting over the line that they just can’t seem to score.

Before a ball was kicked I knew they were not going to get the result they wanted.
Well why didn't ya tell the rest of us? Why did ya keep it a secret?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

At least the faux interest in this is over
Clown

Obviously you've never been to the home games at Tallaght Stadium.....

What did everyonr think of the standard....... Have they made cas for equal pay?

Honesty appreciated. 

The standard of women's international football is absolutely awful. Then again the men's team haven't exactly been a joy to watch either.

It comes down to commercial appeal, if the women's team can generate the same income as the men they should get paid the same and if they can generate more they should get paid more. But at the moment that's not the case so there is no justification for equal pay or anything close to it.
Would pumping more money not improve standards somewhat? Take it we cut off all funding to clubs that aren't that good and put it all into the big clubs
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:46am
Money ?? Do people think because government funding restored that FAI flush ?? The next accounts should be interesting !!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Just unbelievable stuff, what is it about Irish sides when it comes to getting over the line that they just can’t seem to score.

Before a ball was kicked I knew they were not going to get the result they wanted.

Wasn't online!

Here is another one for ya. Ireland won't beat Iceland in the u21's and will come third in the group

Edited by horsebox - 24 Oct 2020 at 11:49am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 12:33pm

Wasn't online!

Here is another one for ya. Ireland won't beat Iceland in the u21's and will come third in the group

Fact.  The moment Kenny left the U21's I could just sense their form would nosedive.  They won't qualify now is my strong feeling. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wasn't online!

Fact.  The moment Kenny left the U21's I could just sense their form would nosedive.  They won't qualify now is my strong feeling. 

Christ almighty. Talk about pushing the panic button. If anyone cared to analyze the Italian team they’d see they had lads starting for Milan and Juventus (tonali & Frabotta) and other serie A starters. We lost a tight enough game with a team that was weaker than theirs. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 1:48pm
I think overall when they step back to analyse the campaign after the Germany match in December, there is evidence that performances are improving. The set up seems to be more professional, lots of the girls are playing at a good level and the manager has genuine pedigree (although I'd have question marks with some of her calls yesterday, not changing it around quicker). 

The 20x20 campaign has also helped raised their profile, evidneced by increased attendances at the games in Tallaght pre-Covid. Katie McCabe, Louise Quinn, Denise O'Sullivan are more mainstream names now than they were 2 years ago (IMO). Another positive.

However, they definitely left this one behind. The late goal in Greece and their inability to score last night killed us (we've been here before with the mens team!) Its such a shame because qualifying for a major tournament would have been a big deal, not just for womens football, but womens sport in general. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm
Feel for the women i must say , small margins again .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I think overall when they step back to analyse the campaign after the Germany match in December, there is evidence that performances are improving. The set up seems to be more professional, lots of the girls are playing at a good level and the manager has genuine pedigree (although I'd have question marks with some of her calls yesterday, not changing it around quicker). 

The 20x20 campaign has also helped raised their profile, evidneced by increased attendances at the games in Tallaght pre-Covid. Katie McCabe, Louise Quinn, Denise O'Sullivan are more mainstream names now than they were 2 years ago (IMO). Another positive.

However, they definitely left this one behind. The late goal in Greece and their inability to score last night killed us (we've been here before with the mens team!) Its such a shame because qualifying for a major tournament would have been a big deal, not just for womens football, but womens sport in general. 

Vera Pauw suggested last night that the team didn't necessarily stick to the game plan at times and were rushing things at times. It was a bit of a nervy performance I thought, played well but they were tense as well.

They were unlucky too though. Gave away an ultra sloppy own goal and missed a penalty in a game where Ukraine barely created anything.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wasn't online!

they have only lost to a top quality italian side since kenny left, its very early to say that they have got worse since then
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 5:30pm
Greece 0-4 Ukraine
 We may bate the Germans in Tallaght so......

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:12pm
The normal goalie Hourihan 24 Caps missed out because of a dislocated finger, that was Brosnans 2nd cap the inexperience showed, the missed peno and Jarrett should of had us one up, disaster
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:17pm

Greece 0-4 Ukraine
 We may bate the Germans in Tallaght so......

It shows what a terrible result the 1-1 draw in Greece was. Ukraine are not that bad and are actually ranked ahead of Ireland, but dropping two points in Greece was a disaster.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:52pm
Germany were due to play England today but I see it has been postponed. Not sure why.

Germany already through and we have them at home in a win or bust......you never know!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Germany were due to play England today but I see it has been postponed. Not sure why.

Germany already through and we have them at home in a win or bust......you never know!

England player tested positive for Covid 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:07pm
And I will go to say that the keeper positioned herself correctly expecting a pass back onto her right foot outside the goal. Unfortunately Aine O Gorman overstretched for the pass back and put it the other side. It was not the keepers fault. 
Sad comment obviously from a sad person.
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:12pm
....Goalie...?  jayses thought I was on a GAA forum there for a minute..

Yeah look as a few have already said the late slip up in Greece really threw us off kilter....but we must be positive and march on.Germany are through so hopefully they won't be at full throttle ....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 143>
  Share Topic