You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:12am
They should move the France game out of Dublin if they are serious about growing the Fanbase.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

England and Sweden games confirmed for Lansdowne. France will be elswhere due to a concert in Lansdowne.

What gig is on ?

I see Taylor Swift is end of June but don't think anything is confirmed for July unless its an act not yet announced 

Or they need the time to repair the pitch after 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 07 Mar 2024 at 11:22am
StopTheLights View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopTheLights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

A shame the France game isn't on a weekend as might be an opportunity to move it down the country if so (PUC, Thomond etc) but I doubt they'd get a big enough crowd midweek to make it work so assume it will be Tallaght. 

LOL FFS would never happen.
They are happy to rent it out for rugby and they could do with all the cash they can get!

With two of the regular team starters being from Cork as well it could be a possibility. If they're still in with a chance of automatic qualification by the last match Pairc Ui Chaoimh could be a better shout over Tallaght, but I think over all it's unlikely 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 11:42am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

England and Sweden games confirmed for Lansdowne. France will be elswhere due to a concert in Lansdowne.

What gig is on ?

I see Taylor Swift is end of June but don't think anything is confirmed for July unless its an act not yet announced 

Must be Pitch repairs then. Had assumed Swift was playing in July. Pink is playing as well the week before and there's American Football in August. So July their only option for doing it it seems
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What gig is on ?

Must be Pitch repairs then. Had assumed Swift was playing in July. Pink is playing as well the week before and there's American Football in August. So July their only option for doing it it seems

July would be the least suitable month of the year to be looking to play a soccer international at the stadium, so one can see why it might be available.

I'd say there is huge relief at the FAI that they've managed to get England into the Aviva....this is the one they wanted there.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 4:41pm
Away game against England confirmed for Carrow Road
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopTheLights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 6:56pm

Train from London to Norwich is doable. Still a bit awkward though, nice that the England team go around the country playing matches. I know it makes more sense to build the fanbase in Tallaght/Aviva first, but I hope the Irish team mix up the stadiums a bit more in the future 
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 4:18pm

Tickets going on sale this week as a duo package and then Sweden single tickets available from April 10th
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 4:32pm
Immediate response from casual friends was "pricey to go watch women play".

It's cheap in comparison to men's games but considering the additional costs of getting to aviva, I probably would have thought a lower price point would have been better to ensure a full house.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It's cheap in comparison to men's games but considering the additional costs of getting to aviva, I probably would have thought a lower price point would have been better to ensure a full house.

It's a tough price point to get right - Price them too cheaply and then people don't turn up like has previously happened. 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm

England v Sweden in Wembley. Would have got a bigger crowd if Ireland played them there 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:12am
The season ticket holder price of €40 for the England and Sweden games is very good.

Edited by The Huntacha - 14 Mar 2024 at 5:52am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:42am

additional cost? Bus/luas to town and dart out to LR. TFI 90 minute fare on a leap card is capped at €2. Sounds like lads getting excuses in early.

Edited by Sham157 - 14 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:57am
€40 is unreal value how are folks complaining about that Confused
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

additional cost? Bus/luas to town and dart out to LR. TFI 90 minute fare on a leap card is capped at €2. Sounds lads getting excuses in early.

Not additional cost for me, just thinking people outside of Dublin.
I don't mind price myself, just giving initial feedback I got from friends who come to the men's matches with me but wouldn't be as into it. 

I'll bring the daughter to this one myself. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Mar 2024 at 10:10am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:12am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

additional cost? Bus/luas to town and dart out to LR. TFI 90 minute fare on a leap card is capped at €2. Sounds lads getting excuses in early.

Not additional cost for me, just thinking people outside of Dublin.
I don't mind price myself, just giving initial feedback I got from friends who come to the men's matches with me but wouldn't be as into it. Like you said, making excuses not to to. 

I'll bring the daughter to this one
Thumbs Up

So these friends have no problem with LR for the mens team but its additional cost for the womens. Definitely a moan for moans sake. For most people outside of Dublin, its more hassle to get to Tallaght.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:19am
I'm probably just having a glass half full view on it initially too based on that feedback I got when I went to see if there was anyone interested in going.
I'd really love it to be a full house so would hate that the pricing pushed some people out. 

I get the point though also that tickets too cheap might make people who were originally well intended to think again (e.g. if its missing rain).

Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopTheLights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:38am
I don't live in Dublin so I have to travel up for matches. Tallaght is an absolute hassle to get to, especially as I don't have access to a car. The Aviva is miles more accessible and would be for most people I'd say. And 40 euro for two matches in the Aviva is a good price!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 143>
  Share Topic