Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIELSA BIELSA BIELSA LOCA LOCA LOCA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:49pm
What a legend. The live tweeting from the journos was hilarious... They didn't know what to make of the situation they found themselves in  LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
He's basically stuck 2 fingers up to everyone questioning his methods by saying he doesn't need to watch a training session to know how a team plays....case in point this weekend and Stoke, with Nathan Jones taking over him and his staff have since watched every game Luton have played this season
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:05pm
MON barely watches his own team train never mind the opposition
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:08pm
Wait till he starts analysing Martin's games over the past few years. They won't take the four hours every other game has LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Wait till he starts analysing Martin's games over the past few years. They won't take the four hours every other game has LOL

''They kick it long all day everyday Senor Bielsa.''
''Dios mio!  This man is a dinosaur!''

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
· 1h
Bielsa now using a big screen to demonstrated his analysis. Says what he's showing us took more than 300 hours of work. He's running us through the information he gathers for individual games, using Derby as an example. #lufc

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa says his staff watched all 51 games Derby played last season. Each game took four hours to analyse. "Why did we do that? Because we think this is professional behaviour. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in."

Phil Cadden

@pjcadden
Ryan Giggs on Gareth Bale's recent form for Real Madrid. 'I've not seen many of his games. They are not on Sky. They are on Eleven Sports - I haven't got that!'

12:07 - 5 Nov 2018

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
· 1h
Bielsa now using a big screen to demonstrated his analysis. Says what he's showing us took more than 300 hours of work. He's running us through the information he gathers for individual games, using Derby as an example. #lufc

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa says his staff watched all 51 games Derby played last season. Each game took four hours to analyse. "Why did we do that? Because we think this is professional behaviour. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in."

Phil Cadden

@pjcadden
Ryan Giggs on Gareth Bale's recent form for Real Madrid. 'I've not seen many of his games. They are not on Sky. They are on Eleven Sports - I haven't got that!'

12:07 - 5 Nov 2018

D  E  D  I  C  A  T  I  O  NClap

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:37pm
MON will be delighted, Bielsa can’t figure out his shape at Forest if he doesn’t play with one in the first place
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:08am
If it wasn't for the fact that his staff were caught spying on a team managed by an English "darling" like Lampard, no one would have cared less.

The contrast in dedication with Giggs is ridiculous, especially considering Giggs doesn't have to prepare for 2 games per week all season.

El Loco Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:24am
What shocked me was when he brought up his Derby County vs Man Utd analysis on his Powerpoint Presentation he showcased. 
He had recorded the average speed of every player, if there's a different average if that player is in a different position.
The average run length for each player and same again.
How many times do they switch formations and to what.
Set pieces
Attacking build up
Defensive build up

And his sample size is 31 different games for each team. So that's 713 different analysis' he'll have prepared for this season featuring all of those categories listed

The man is a freak LOL

Edited by coyne - 17 Jan 2019 at 5:26am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:36am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I Love him. If he was English they’d be calling him a tactical genius

That he is.

Bielsa Clap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:41am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That he is.

Bielsa Clap

Hard to call him a tactical genius if he already knows how the opposition are going to play : It's like getting top marks in an exam by sneaking a look at the answers already !
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:54am
Bielsa is the man. What a thing to do Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:06am
All it shows is he is one of the hardest working managers out there.

He is old school but absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That he is.

Bielsa Clap

Hard to call him a tactical genius if he already knows how the opposition are going to play : It's like getting top marks in an exam by sneaking a look at the answers already !

He absolutely is a tactical genius, whether he does extensive scouting or not. He has proved it throughout his career.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:12am
Genius 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:36am
This guy is a different level. Leeds are by far my favourite team to watch at the moment. Landing Bielsa was an absolute stroke and I really hope they go on to win the championship. The detail this guy goes into is absolutely staggering. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

This guy is a different level. Leeds are by far my favourite team to watch at the moment. Landing Bielsa was an absolute stroke and I really hope they go on to win the championship. The detail this guy goes into is absolutely staggering. 

Do all managers (MON aside) not do this ? I'm not disputing what you say (or indeed others who have said the same thing on here), this is a genuine question. I know all clubs have teams scouting opposition, use the likes of Pro-zone to analyse and also have their own in house teams of analysts so is what Bielsa is doing so much more different to what others are doing ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic