You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by moanermufc moanermufc wrote:

Anyone staying in La Rochelle thinking of camping? Hopefully my group aren't the only one looking at this option LOL

I camped there for 10 nights in the summer..... it was really good..great facilities and a short walk into town
will be much different I am sure for the tournament

plus I was there in 1977
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:27pm
I camped there years ago loads of places with Mobile homes as well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Anyone staying in La Rochelle thinking of camping? Hopefully my group aren't the only one looking at this option LOL

I camped there for 10 nights in the summer..... it was really good..great facilities and a short walk into town

plus I was there in 1977

you probably still have the francs you converted
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

plus I was there in 1977

Indeed I have ....so I will buy you a drink on Tuesday using some of them
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:38pm

plus I was there in 1977

Jesus you beat me by 4 years Big smile
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

plus I was there in 1937

Jesus you beat me by 4 years Big smile
 Feck sake lads how old are you two ?????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

plus I was there in 1977

Indeed I have ....so I will buy you a drink on Tuesday using some of them

Thumbs Up
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:55pm
For anyone looking to sort travel to Lille, flights from Nantes to Lille are still less than £40 with Air France on 21st
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

SuperDave or anyone else.....

Any opinion on whether the train crowd will put on more trains for the return journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle?

Getting there would not appear to be a problem, plenty of choices. Getting back however.....Looks like last one (based on current timetables) would be before the game has ended, or if its even possible, would be indirect.

Appreciate, timetables will be published in a month or two was just wondering if UEFA or French Trains had said anything about extra services etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Never fear, myself and Steve Amsterdam are organising buses again Thumbs Up

La Rochelle will be the new Torun, that's a given at this stage.

We've already been talking to people over there and plan on going over early January to ensure there are enough buses for everyone who wants then on match day.

We may also have budget priced accommodation as well, once we are over the Xmas all will be sorted.

Will you be publishing the profits you make from these buses and budget accomodation?
And do you pay tax on the profits you make?
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

SuperDave or anyone else.....

Any opinion on whether the train crowd will put on more trains for the return journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle?

Getting there would not appear to be a problem, plenty of choices. Getting back however.....Looks like last one (based on current timetables) would be before the game has ended, or if its even possible, would be indirect.

Appreciate, timetables will be published in a month or two was just wondering if UEFA or French Trains had said anything about extra services etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Never fear, myself and Steve Amsterdam are organising buses again Thumbs Up

La Rochelle will be the new Torun, that's a given at this stage.

We've already been talking to people over there and plan on going over early January to ensure there are enough buses for everyone who wants then on match day.

We may also have budget priced accommodation as well, once we are over the Xmas all will be sorted.

Will you be publishing the profits you make from these buses and budget accomodation?
And do you pay tax on the profits you make?

Why would they?? They're not a PLC hence no need to make any of this information public, if they do make a few quid from the services they provide well fair play to them, I know I wouldn't organise buses for a load of drunken football fans without taking a small fee from myself!!
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 4:48pm
So you see it as a deserved earner for doing a favour for the fans??

Hiring cheap acccommodation and renting it to fans at a marked-up price is not a favour for fans... in any language.
It's profiteering.
Is it legal to even do that if theyre not a PLC?? Can other tour operators advertise on this site??

I am interested in finding out more thanks

Edited by SimonCox - 19 Dec 2015 at 4:48pm
KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 4:51pm
Somebody had a few too many last night and is taking their anger out on here LOL
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:11pm
We've a camper van so im not angry mate.
I am curious.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
Please tell me no-one's planning on cashing in here...seemed there was a push going on alright...
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:06pm
Or it could be the case that they are renting out 50 rooms at a discounted price to individual bookings, and passing that saving on to fans.

Whether they are tax compliant or not is none of your business. If you like the price, book it up. If you don't, there are plenty of other places to stay and plenty of other ways of getting from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

We've a camper van so im not angry mate.
I am curious.

No you are not you are sh*t stiring , I sure as hell wouldn't go to all that effort and organisation without something to show for it and to think they are doing it for free is right up there in still believing in Santa
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Or it could be the case that they are renting out 50 rooms at a discounted price to individual bookings, and passing that saving on to fans.

Whether they are tax compliant or not is none of your business. If you like the price, book it up. If you don't, there are plenty of other places to stay and plenty of other ways of getting from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.

I wouldn't waste time on him

but the example would be the Bulwar in Torun was available on booking.com for €126 @ night and we negotiated a rate of €93

The Ibis in Gelsenkirschen was €59 and we negotiated €50 @ night

Bottom line no body has to use our services but those that do save money

only today a few lads came up to me and thanked me for Torun

Edited by greenforever - 19 Dec 2015 at 6:33pm
I know nothing :-)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:36pm
Yes but why do you advertise on here no one else does it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
  Share Topic