Print Page | Close Window

La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53084
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)
Posted By: Salzburglilly
Subject: La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:02pm
Seems to be a lot us staying here, looks a grand spot,6 of us here from June 14th-20th,
The General Humbert's Irish pub will surely be getting a visit ,it turns into a nightclub on the weekends and is open until 4am Thumbs Up

http://www.generalhumbert.com/en/" rel="nofollow - http://www.generalhumbert.com/en/

There are plenty of trains into La Rochelle from Paris and trains from La Rochelle  to Lille also, although its a long journey,Ryanair fly to Brussels,Air France fly to Paris and Lille although i would imagine the price of those flights have gone up.

Flix Bus goes from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Replies:
Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:27pm
About 35 - 40 of us based in La Rochelle for 5 nights. Even in the process of organising a bus for match day in and out to Bordeaux

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

About 35 - 40 of us based in La Rochelle for 5 nights. Even in the process of organising a bus for match day in and out to Bordeaux

35-40 in the one group? Fookin hell!

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:36pm
over 20 of us staying from  14/19TH .Stayed in La Rocehelle 34yrs ago beautiful City ,Harbour Beach and the ille de re is fabulous.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:52pm
Will you be dusting off your 1980's copy of the Lonely Planet?? 34 years is a long time ago...

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

35-40 in the one group? Fookin hell!

Well technically it's a number of smaller groups of 4-8 people from all over. But we all know each other and are in cahoots when booking things.

-------------

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm
Part of one of the smaller groups ^^ looking forward to la Rochelle now 😁

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm
This will be a grand spot! Clap

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: UpYePupYe
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:44pm
Around 84 of us have booked from our groups...mostly smaller groups from the rebel alliance, Mayo FCA 2nd battalion and Ballina symphony orchestra...a great bunch of lads...

-------------
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:49pm
Melissa Lauren is from La Rochelle. That should give you an idea about the local crumpet there...Wink

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
Hickster mentioned on the other thread that La Rochelle might be quite quiet during the week in terms of nightlife.....

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:54pm
I was there briefly over the Summer. It is a beautiful place, very affluent. Everybody seems to own a massive yacht. Seems like a great place to retire to.

There is a large college campus a little bit away from the main town but will probably be closed in June.

I also got the train from La Rochelle to Bordeaux. I think it cost me €38 (first class). It only takes about 90mins-2 hours from what i remember.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hickster mentioned on the other thread that La Rochelle might be quite quiet during the week in terms of nightlife.....

The town is very quiet but the cafe's at the seafront at the Pier does be lively. It isnt really a place for a drinking holiday with the lads. 

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:32pm
DAS BOOT.

I'm in.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:08pm
Brilliant Film and Magnificent Harbour!!!

-------------

Posted By: Gallowgate 67
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:09pm
Good Irish bar there called Mcnulty's a guy from Portlaoise own's it .He is the brother of the Portlaoise football manager and also of the Late Peter McNulty(RIP) that used to play for the Laois county footballers who lost his life a few years back at a young age.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:25pm
6 of us booked here from 14th-20th June

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:33pm

It wont be quiet between 14th - 19th of june

-------------

Posted By: Seán
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:35pm
Have this booked from the 16th to 18th, was hoping to get somewhere in the city for the night of the match but seems to be loads staying in la rochelle, how are ye planning on getting back after the match? 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:57pm
Hire a bus in and out .

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Hire a bus in and out .

That's what we have done. In and out on Match day

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 6:12pm

It wont be quiet between 14th - 19th of june

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:19pm
Anyone looked into the train service from La Rochelle to Bordeaux? I'll be on the flight from London Stansted on the 14th so was just wondering if there is a bus or train straight from the airport to Bordeaux?

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

DAS BOOT.

I'm in.

I'm not the omly one who remembered that's where the u-boat set sail from, then!

Smile

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:57pm
La Rochelle to Bordeaux isn't on sale yet. When it does go on sale, it'll open at €10 each way per person. Some will pay more than that but hopefully not much more. Probably open 3 months in advance.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:59pm
Lads  if a route is not open.  Try prices less than 3 months from now and see typical prices.  That will give you a good indication.  

Or just read Super Daves posts :)  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:59pm
have a load of rooms booked there aswell, will decide shortly if we are using them or staying elsewhere

does look the best bet, have rooms in Bordeaux as well but probably not going to use them if anyone wants them pm me....its about 8km oit of city so not a great location

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:19pm
14 of us staying here from 14th to 17th. Anybody saying it's going be quiet is talking baloney. Their must be 150+ here alone staying here. It will be the furthest thing from quiet. What are beer prices like?

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:39pm
There is a carrefour city supermarket which will have a huge selection of cheap cans Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: mario85
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:02pm
this may be a stupid question but why are so many of ye staying so far out of bordeaux?! thought bordeaux was meant to be quite nice

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by mario85 mario85 wrote:

this may be a stupid question but why are so many of ye staying so far out of bordeaux?! thought bordeaux was meant to be quite nice

Have you checked out the accommodation prices in and around Bordeaux?

Posted By: Eire71
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:22pm

Also used in filming of Raider's of the Lost Ark'

Posted By: Silvio Dante
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:37pm
Nice town but miles away from the action.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Silvio Dante Silvio Dante wrote:

What action?? Why do people automatically presume if your not in the match venue you will have no fun. There is at least 200 or more staying in La Rochelle that I know of. Bus being organised in and out to match. It will be hoping out there for 5 nights especially with the crew I know will be based there.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:09am
Got accomadation reasonable in La Rochelle I've been there before clas spot and I can see a couple of thousand irish staying there. Loads to do and see six days there will probably be the best part of the whole trip. Been at all the tournaments Ireland have qualified and bar USA 94 never once stayed in a host city .

-------------

Posted By: Toohey94
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:44am
3 more bodies for La Rochelle 14th-17th then onto Bordeaux really looking forward to this part of the trip

Posted By: Keltica
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:29am

Originally posted by Silvio Dante Silvio Dante wrote:

What action?? Why do people automatically presume if your not in the match venue you will have no fun. There is at least 200 or more staying in La Rochelle that I know of. Bus being organised in and out to match. It will be hoping out there for 5 nights especially with the crew I know will be based there.

You can add another 10 onto that, just booked 14th to the 17th!

-------------
On the First day of Christmas...

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:18am
La Rochelle is going to be interesting to say the the least with the growing numbers staying their for a few nights en route to Belgium game.

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:21am
Considering doing La Rochelle on the way back from Bordeaux to Lille.

Posted By: Gallowgate 67
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:50am
I know a group of 38 lads that booked up yesterday for La Rochelle ...Mix of Dublin and Midlands boys!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:06pm
Had two nights booked in a hotel on the city outskirts 17th-19th but decided to offload that to a friend and stay in La Rochelle from the 14th-19th instead Beer

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:16pm
Big gang of us in La Rochelle too. Might get JP to organise the bus into Carrefour, stock up with cans and vino for a beach party..LOLLOLLOL

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:26pm
Booked here for 3 nights. Accommodation seems very reasonable, got a hotel with a pool beside the beach for €90 each.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:25pm
How is everyone making their way there from Paris? Train prices I've come across are quoted between 40-60 euro so far. Anyone found something good?

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

How is everyone making their way there from Paris? Train prices I've come across are quoted between 40-60 euro so far. Anyone found something good?

I got a train Paris to La Rochelle 3 hours 25 quid in march (can only book 3 months away)

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Big gang of us in La Rochelle too. Might get JP to organise the bus into Carrefour, stock up with cans and vino for a beach party..LOLLOLLOL

Sounds like a plan Franko Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:53pm

There is trains  now  for 56€  but if you wait until March they will be 25-30€

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

There is trains  now  for 56€  but if you wait until March they will be 25-30€

https://media.giphy.com/media/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/giphy.gif

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Posted By: Bluezar
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:12pm
Have a place booked in both La Rochelle and Bordeaux for 6 nights for around the same price though place in LA Rochelle is definitely nicer. Will decide closer the time but could be leaning towards La Rochelle.
Got to love free cancellation and no deposit bookings on booking.com!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:59pm

Is that one way or return got a group quote return from Amiens and its  a lot more than that. Tickets wont be on sale with SNCF until between January and March.

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:15pm
I can see many a lad jumping off the piers of La Rochelle & the locals looking on asking WTF is going on ...

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:17pm
Looks like it has decent nightlife http://https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-c20-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-c20-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html

Well, it definitely will in June Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Keltica
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:11am

Looks like it has decent nightlife http://https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-c20-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-c20-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html

Well, it definitely will in June Tongue

The new Torun, except with a beach and vino! :D

-------------
On the First day of Christmas...

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 11:13am
Booked in here for 3 nights before onto 2 in Bordeaux

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:16pm
Have searched for train down from Paris on the 14 and cheapest can find is 86 stg. Anyone have a cheaper price from somewhere thanks

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:28pm
Full train schedule won't be released until February or March Mike. You should be able to get a train then for the 14th for about 20 or 30 euros.

if you check a date in January you'll see the times and prices on the full schedule.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Same here- 3 nights in La Rochelle before on to Bordeaux for 17th and 18th

Where is everyone staying?

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:17pm
Couldn't open other link so here https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attractions-g187206-Activities-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Booked here:

Hôtel Altica La Rochelle

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:38pm

staying in this apartment 1.7k from the Irish Pub 

https://secure.booking.com/myreservations.en-gb.?bn=899033274&pincode=0102&source=conf_email&pbsource=conf_email_hotel_name&et=UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YWJdm48m5cJDg6WRivMm2X6jwuHCuX9ljyv6Bxn6OXl1yJL9OXwgTeocEiOs2sPzqpPvA7uemv8MzxDtGplPhgS1AzwJNzH4alBFh6mhbRNj/quzt8L+UmHk5UPb9SO6REBaM2pAQa2+ - Location Les 4 Vents
18 Rue Des 4 Vents, La Rochelle, 1

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 6:58pm
Looks a very small hotel Stretch

Posted By: Junior
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:20am
SuperDave or anyone else.....

Any opinion on whether the train crowd will put on more trains for the return journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle?

Getting there would not appear to be a problem, plenty of choices. Getting back however.....Looks like last one (based on current timetables) would be before the game has ended, or if its even possible, would be indirect.

Appreciate, timetables will be published in a month or two was just wondering if UEFA or French Trains had said anything about extra services etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:28am
The game kicks  ends at 4.45pm, the last train back to La Rochelle that  i found goes at 6.23 pm.

http://www.raileurope-world.com/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results2" rel="nofollow - http://www.raileurope-world.com/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results2

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:32am

The game kicks  ends at 4.45pm, the last train back to La Rochelle that  i found goes at 6.23 pm.

http://www.raileurope-world.com/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results2" rel="nofollow - http://www.raileurope-world.com/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results2

SL - Are you on commission from the La Rochelle tourist board ??? Doing a fine job promoting the place LOL

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Looks a very small hotel Stretch

Will probably rebook elsewhere once get final details on what doing re bordeaux. Thanks SH

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Any opinion on whether the train crowd will put on more trains for the return journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle?

Getting there would not appear to be a problem, plenty of choices. Getting back however.....Looks like last one (based on current timetables) would be before the game has ended, or if its even possible, would be indirect.

Appreciate, timetables will be published in a month or two was just wondering if UEFA or French Trains had said anything about extra services etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Never fear, myself and Steve Amsterdam are organising buses again Thumbs Up

La Rochelle will be the new Torun, that's a given at this stage.

We've already been talking to people over there and plan on going over early January to ensure there are enough buses for everyone who wants then on match day.

We may also have budget priced accommodation as well, once we are over the Xmas all will be sorted.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:43am

SL - Are you on commission from the La Rochelle tourist board ??? Doing a fine job promoting the place LOL

LOL  Well i considered all the options about a month ago,i really wanted a bit of sun and sea as i live in a landlocked country,group F would have been grand and to be based in the south but La Rochelle was the next best thing,location is perfect  etc, so i did my homework,i might apply for a job in the tourist board though Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:47am

LOL  Well i considered all the options about a month ago,i really wanted a bit of sun and sea as i live in a landlocked country,group F would have been grand and to be based in the south but La Rochelle was the next best thing,location is perfect  etc, so i did my homework,i might apply for a job in the tourist board though Tongue

Will be there after Bordeaux for 2 nights I think. Don't drink the place dry, cheers !

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 12:37pm

Bord Faílte's rep in La Rochelle.. Now yer talking JP. Maybe we could contact Diageo, and get cans cheaper, and Pernod Ricard for some Jameson samples. All we need are a few babes like your earlier post, and a few posers on this site to parade up and down the beach and prom, in a lovely green beach attire, and a GUINNESS logo on their rear. The rest of us with the "ONE" packs can lie on the beach with our tricolour towels, guzzling. 

We'll lobby Pascal, as he's minister for sport for your new position. LOLLOLLOL

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:22pm

Booked here:

Hôtel Altica La Rochelle

We are in the "Inter Hotel Saint Jean D'Acre", think it's down around the harbour

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Bord Faílte's rep in La Rochelle.. Now yer talking JP. Maybe we could contact Diageo, and get cans cheaper, and Pernod Ricard for some Jameson samples. All we need are a few babes like your earlier post, and a few posers on this site to parade up and down the beach and prom, in a lovely green beach attire, and a GUINNESS logo on their rear. The rest of us with the "ONE" packs can lie on the beach with our tricolour towels, guzzling. 

We'll lobby Pascal, as he's minister for sport for your new position. LOLLOLLOL

LOL

-------------

Posted By: moanermufc
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:02pm
Anyone staying in La Rochelle thinking of camping? Hopefully my group aren't the only one looking at this option LOL

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by moanermufc moanermufc wrote:

Anyone staying in La Rochelle thinking of camping? Hopefully my group aren't the only one looking at this option LOL

I camped there for 10 nights in the summer..... it was really good..great facilities and a short walk into town
will be much different I am sure for the tournament

plus I was there in 1977

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:27pm
I camped there years ago loads of places with Mobile homes as well.

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:29pm

I camped there for 10 nights in the summer..... it was really good..great facilities and a short walk into town

plus I was there in 1977

you probably still have the francs you converted

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

plus I was there in 1977

Indeed I have ....so I will buy you a drink on Tuesday using some of them

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:38pm

plus I was there in 1977

Jesus you beat me by 4 years Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

plus I was there in 1937

Jesus you beat me by 4 years Big smile
 Feck sake lads how old are you two ?????

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

plus I was there in 1977

Indeed I have ....so I will buy you a drink on Tuesday using some of them

Thumbs Up

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Skelly
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:55pm
For anyone looking to sort travel to Lille, flights from Nantes to Lille are still less than £40 with Air France on 21st

-------------
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens

Posted By: SimonCox
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Thanks in advance.

We've already been talking to people over there and plan on going over early January to ensure there are enough buses for everyone who wants then on match day.

We may also have budget priced accommodation as well, once we are over the Xmas all will be sorted.

Will you be publishing the profits you make from these buses and budget accomodation?
And do you pay tax on the profits you make?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Will you be publishing the profits you make from these buses and budget accomodation?
And do you pay tax on the profits you make?

Why would they?? They're not a PLC hence no need to make any of this information public, if they do make a few quid from the services they provide well fair play to them, I know I wouldn't organise buses for a load of drunken football fans without taking a small fee from myself!!

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 4:48pm
So you see it as a deserved earner for doing a favour for the fans??

Hiring cheap acccommodation and renting it to fans at a marked-up price is not a favour for fans... in any language.
It's profiteering.
Is it legal to even do that if theyre not a PLC?? Can other tour operators advertise on this site??

I am interested in finding out more thanks

Posted By: KenSRFC
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 4:51pm
Somebody had a few too many last night and is taking their anger out on here LOL

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:11pm
We've a camper van so im not angry mate.
I am curious.

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
Please tell me no-one's planning on cashing in here...seemed there was a push going on alright...

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:06pm
Or it could be the case that they are renting out 50 rooms at a discounted price to individual bookings, and passing that saving on to fans.

Whether they are tax compliant or not is none of your business. If you like the price, book it up. If you don't, there are plenty of other places to stay and plenty of other ways of getting from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:16pm

We've a camper van so im not angry mate.
I am curious.

No you are not you are sh*t stiring , I sure as hell wouldn't go to all that effort and organisation without something to show for it and to think they are doing it for free is right up there in still believing in Santa

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Or it could be the case that they are renting out 50 rooms at a discounted price to individual bookings, and passing that saving on to fans.

Whether they are tax compliant or not is none of your business. If you like the price, book it up. If you don't, there are plenty of other places to stay and plenty of other ways of getting from La Rochelle to Bordeaux.

I wouldn't waste time on him

but the example would be the Bulwar in Torun was available on booking.com for €126 @ night and we negotiated a rate of €93

The Ibis in Gelsenkirschen was €59 and we negotiated €50 @ night

Bottom line no body has to use our services but those that do save money

only today a few lads came up to me and thanked me for Torun

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:36pm
Yes but why do you advertise on here no one else does it.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:43pm

I wouldn't waste time on him

but the example would be the Bulwar in Torun was available on booking.com for €126 @ night and we negotiated a rate of €93

The Ibis in Gelsenkirschen was €59 and we negotiated €50 @ night

Bottom line no body has to use our services but those that do save money

only today a few lads came up to me and thanked me for Torun

Yeah but that was the hotel and bar managers on torun :)

Just kidding.   No issue. Sure if lads save money and you lads make a few quid and everybody knows that sure why's the harm. Everyone is a winner Nd the buses are always well organised. It's not for everyone but for those it's great.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 6:55pm

I asked the question are other tour operators allowed to advertise on this site. Nobody has answered that question yet..

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:06pm
GF isn't a tour operator though.... your question is based on an invalid assumption.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:15pm
A tour operator is a person who runs buses and flogs hotel rooms..

This Greenforever person is a tour operator.. Just unofficially..

Why are unofficial tour operators allowed to advertise on this forum if official ones arent??

Thanks

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:26pm
SC,if you have a dispute with GF,take it the fook elsewhere and fook off this thread unless you can contribute or have a question concerning La Rochelle.

Thanks Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:35pm

I am camping out in  LA Rochelle Moaner . Just head around the sea front & park up & throw a tent out on the grass & soon enough you will have company . Id imagine it would be ok once you were respectable to the area & kept the place tidy . I dont think wild camping is illegal in France LOL

Posted By: KenSRFC
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 8:18pm

A tour operator is a person who runs buses and flogs hotel rooms..

This Greenforever person is a tour operator.. Just unofficially..

Why are unofficial tour operators allowed to advertise on this forum if official ones arent??

Thanks

He's not a tour operator, you're talking through your hole. More or less half of the fans in Bosnia used buses organised by him and Steve - and the vast vast majority of those not with 747 and Abbey. I'd say both put in serious man hours in the weeks leading up to it. It made it a hell of a lot more convenient for me and everyone else on those buses and it was very good value.

Again any buses organised in France is for our (fans) benefit so of course he should be allowed advertise.

You are asking a lot of questions. Why does it bother you? Are you a tour operator and annoyed you cant advertise here?

It's a shame there are posters like you on here when there is great info on here for all fans.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 8:58pm
Yep have to say GF and Steve are fine you get what you pay for , now if you don't want it then leave it quite simple . I am running a bus also to the game and i will be charging €3.50 per seat for the return trip . Ohhh you have to pay a booking fee of €63.50 each and paid in advance to www.honestmurphy .com 

Evil SmileEvil SmileEvil SmileEvil SmileEvil Smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: kjpm1916
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 12:22pm
Three of us booked in to La Rochelle from 14th to 20th.  Looked at Bordeaux but prices seemed too much. Seems easy enough to get to Bordeaux on match day but as already mentioned last one back after the match seems to be the 18:23 via Poitiers.  Takes about 4 and a half hours.  Went on coaches in Sarajevo to Zenica and have to say the lads who organised it did a great job and the price was cheap.  So would have no problems going with them again if they organise something from La Rochelle and certainly don't have a problem with them making a few quid for their trouble.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 8:59pm
https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g187206-d241481-Reviews-Tour_Saint_Nicolas-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html#photos" rel="nofollow - https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g187206-d241481-Reviews-Tour_Saint_Nicolas-La_Rochelle_Charente_Maritime_Poitou_Charentes.html#photos

Pics give a good view around the harbour area & gives a insight into what La Rochelle looks like . really looking forward to this place & seeing it painted green in June

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net