You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Rochelle (Page 17 for Facebook tips page)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRFCpaulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 2:17pm
Just booked Paris to La Rochelle there on the 17.09 - was a bit too late and paid about €45 

Are whats available already for La Rochelle to Bordeaux the cheapest it will be or is it better to wait?
Sponsored Links

Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 4:42pm
Is anyone having hassle booking train tickets? On voyages sncf. As in the card isn't being accepted? Trying to book La Rochelle to bordeaux for 17th June and just not accepting my cards. Been onto my bank and they are saying it's not an issue on there parts , that the cards are working fine
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 4:48pm
Try captaintrain, so. Same prices.
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 4:51pm
Would you not be able to get a cheaper train if you waited a couple of hours, no?
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Is anyone having hassle booking train tickets? On voyages sncf. As in the card isn't being accepted? Trying to book La Rochelle to bordeaux for 17th June and just not accepting my cards. Been onto my bank and they are saying it's not an issue on there parts , that the cards are working fine

Yes, was happening me Monday night when doing it on my phone! Booked it Tues morning on a desktop no problem. 

Are you doing it on your phone? Make sure you have the type of card selected, your type of card should be pictured beside where you enter the card number. I think this is what happened me originally - on the mobile site it's not clear you have to select the type of card.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Try captaintrain, so. Same prices.

Got them booked on captaintrain. Thanks
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Yes, was happening me Monday night when doing it on my phone! Booked it Tues morning on a desktop no problem. 

Are you doing it on your phone? Make sure you have the type of card selected, your type of card should be pictured beside where you enter the card number. I think this is what happened me originally - on the mobile site it's not clear you have to select the type of card.

Was trying on phone and app. Just got them booked on captaintrain   
Monaghan abu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monaghan abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 6:56pm
will price from La Rochelle to Bordeaux get any cheaper , its 31 -50 now for the 17 june
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 3:37pm
The TER train, no. They are fixed price and won't reduce. But there are a couple of Intercites trains every day which should have cheaper tickets, starting from a tenner.
mallon12 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallon12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 6:16pm
Can't seem to find any direct from Paris to la rochelle can anyone help? Thanks!
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 10:39am
Also looking at trains from Paris to La Rochelle on the 14th, fairly expensive though and the fact that a bus must be got for second half of journey. Any buses being organised for full journey?

Edited by CaroG - 21 Mar 2016 at 10:39am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 1:57pm
The bus is *far* from the second half of the journey. It's barely a quarter.

Have a look at a map and see where Paris and La Rochelle are, then look for Niort.

Remember, the train goes at 300kph for a fairly large part of the journey.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 2:05pm
yeah the bus is a harmless journey (speaking from someone who is been on many long journeys in ireland)

it was also free to cancel, great in my case i f**king double booked by mistake LOLAngryCry
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
hoover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 2:20pm
Train ticket purchased for La Rochelle to Lille on Monday 20th. Leaves at 12:25pm & gets in at 7.18pm. Only 7 hours Shocked  53 EUR.

Edited by hoover - 21 Mar 2016 at 2:20pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 7:35am
Leaving La Rochelle on the Monday morning 9.30 to Lille via Poitiers. 5 Hour journey time so pretty decent.
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 1:50pm
Anyone have any useful info on getting from Tours airport(really small airport) to La Rochelle?
Seems only way is to make 2 or 3 changes and then get a bus for the last portion of it.

I've tried numerous bus companies too, no luck.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm
A Unique pub that will be definitely visited while we are here could be a waterloo for some of us.
http://la-guignette.fr/

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 3:56pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
  Share Topic