You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthDerryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:13am
Thanks! staying in campingninja. three days drinking in bordeaux will be suffice
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by le scientifique le scientifique wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

In Bordeaux Fri to Monday meself. Flying up to Lille on Monday with a 24 hour layover in Nantes on the way there.

Have accommodation for Friday and Saturday night oin Bordeaux but nothing for Sunday yet.

We have the Sunday night booked also but looking to get out of it. we are heading to St Jean De Luz on the Monday for about 20 hours. thinking about doing a road trip on the sunday if ur up for it. loads of WW2 Sites south of Bordeaux. stay in some random town/village

A road trip on the Sunday sounds like a brilliant plan in February. It mightn't be so good after the shenanigans on the Saturday night after beating the Belgians. Will be cure central on Sunday i'd say! Never say never though. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 10:44am

Originally posted by le scientifique le scientifique wrote:

In Bordeaux Fri to Monday meself. Flying up to Lille on Monday with a 24 hour layover in Nantes on the way there.

Have accommodation for Friday and Saturday night oin Bordeaux but nothing for Sunday yet.

We have the Sunday night booked also but looking to get out of it. we are heading to St Jean De Luz on the Monday for about 20 hours. thinking about doing a road trip on the sunday if ur up for it. loads of WW2 Sites south of Bordeaux. stay in some random town/village

A road trip on the Sunday sounds like a brilliant plan in February. It mightn't be so good after the shenanigans on the Saturday night after beating the Belgians. Will be cure central on Sunday i'd say! Never say never though. 

My advice for what it's worth would be to stay the Sunday.
With the inevitable mass exodus you will find hotels cheaper and a sense of calm.
Unless you have a bible bashing non drinker who's happy to stay off the sauce and drive the next day don't do it.
I made the mistake of driving from poznan back to Eindhoven after three days on the sauce.
I was fit to drive but it was a hideous experience.
The sounds of shoes off for the boys in green / the sweats and big spiders running up the wall in our hotel was evil.
Give yourself a day to lie around doing f all and drive the Monday.
You will not regret it.
Draw me a compass I need a MAP
OhhhWhelan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhhhWhelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 11:54pm
Anyone looking for a direct flight home from Bordeaux the day after the Belgium match?
Selling my ticket for original value of €200.

I booked the Ryanair 1:55pm departure last December but am selling it now as I only got tickets for the Paris match.
Ryanair charge €110 to change the name on the booking but I'm just looking for the €200 fair back.
This flight is now sold-out, as is the other afternoon flight. Their night flight is now €300 so I think €200 is a good deal for buyer and seller :-)

Conall01 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conall01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 9:18am
so 200euro all in including name change?
SouthDerryMan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthDerryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 9:22am
Hi, i would buy this off you if offer still going
OhhhWhelan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhhhWhelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Conall01 Conall01 wrote:

so 200euro all in including name change?

yeap, just looking to cover the €110 name change fee and the booking for my alternative flight home.
Otherwise I could just pay the €60 fee to change to another Ryanair flight ....an option I'm still considering.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:24am
Any word when more trains will be released for booking?

Gonna travel down to Bordeaux from Paris on the 14/6/16.Would it be 14th March or is it gonna be different for the Euro's ?
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Any word when more trains will be released for booking?

Gonna travel down to Bordeaux from Paris on the 14/6/16.Would it be 14th March or is it gonna be different for the Euro's ?

SD reckons they will come out at 23:00 on the 14th of March.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 1:43pm
Yeah, that's what it is looking like anyway.
WildCardDoW View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildCardDoW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, that's what it is looking like anyway.

I went Benicassim and did a few things in Europe over the past few years and I've used voyages a bit. The three months rule is pretty much spot on.

I did think with the Euros on there'd be an exception but I guess not.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 5:06pm
Cheers lads
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:38pm
Get on this deal if your going to Bordeaux they area must have

www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_074010251543_-1

Edited by Butch - 13 Mar 2016 at 9:38pm
beal fierste View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beal fierste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:32pm
Lads as i thought trains for 14 june went on sale at 11pm today 13 june (i just booked our whole party.. cheap as chips lads.. fill your boots)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:12am
Originally posted by beal fierste beal fierste wrote:

Lads as i thought trains for 14 june went on sale at 11pm today 13 june (i just booked our whole party.. cheap as chips lads.. fill your boots)

good to hear. i'm going a few days later so mine will be another few days. how much was it per ticket? i presume the tgv 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:20am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

good to hear. i'm going a few days later so mine will be another few days. how much was it per ticket? i presume the tgv 

I just booked myself Paris to Bordeaux and it cost €20. €10 on to La Rochelle from there
beal fierste View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beal fierste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

yeah they will go on sale at exactly 11pm the day before you travel. We booked 18 people paris to poitiers for 12euro pp. Yes tgv

Edited by beal fierste - 14 Mar 2016 at 12:26am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 2:00am
great value. so glad i didn't book the train a few weeks ago for €45. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic