You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by donalm318 donalm318 wrote:

Got my tickets for the Belgium game today but Im<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> not sure where Im sitting/if Im with the Irish fans,how do i find this out?Where is everyone else sitting?</span>

What block are you located in?
Sponsored Links

donalm318 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalm318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 2:15pm
Got my tickets for the Belgium game today but Im not sure where Im sitting/if Im with the Irish fans,how do i find this out?Where is everyone else sitting?
HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Any good morning bakeries to buy fresh bread in bordough?

I doubt you'll find too many but cest la vie
Draw me a compass I need a MAP
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 3:11pm
Any good morning bakeries to buy fresh bread in bordough?
Tommytmos View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommytmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Some info below from The Connemara too. The Connemara is the largest Irish pub in Bordeaux:

They have in fact agreed to block the roads in front to allow for thousands of Fans to gather outside The Connemara. Beer will be served in re-useable sturdy Souvenir Cups.

There will be a "deal" for the most consumed drink (from our experience with travelling fans) of a tray of FIVE pints of lager for 20€ (including the 1€ souvenir cups free) This represents a 50% reduction on the price of lager at the Stadium and Fan Zone ... it's even worse in Paris.
All other prices as usual (and no Happy Hours during the Euros) We have invested over a hundred grand in modernising the bars and beer equipment : beer cellars of over 400 kegs and added cooling equipment to deal with the numbers.

Coke and Sodas on draught     4.50 a Pint
Most basic spirits (4cl)      6.00
Jaegerbomb 2cl               5.00

Also some takeaway deals from the Snack Bar only with Sandwiches, Curry & Chips, Chili & Chips ...
Takeaway drinks from the Snack Bar (all in PINTS : 50cl) :
Sodas (Coke, Zero, Fanta, Sprite, Nestea)        3.00
(cold) Mineral Water                                          1.50
... plus the draught beers on tap at the Snack Bar :
Kronenbourg Lager   (4.90)       5 Pints = 20€
Guinness Pint    7.50
Magner's Pint   6.50

The police in Bordeaux have always been great with Fans - unlike the Spanish, or Eastern Europe where they seem to love a confrontation - and will be ok with lads drinking in PLASTIC cups. But don't act the bollocks with them (they've just had a month of Strikes, then Floods) or you will be locked up for the duration !

Sounds like home for a few days
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

I live south England near Dover so it doesn't sound too ridiculous now does it :)

You're laughing so.
Multitude of choices. Eurostar / drive tunnel / ferry from Dover / Portsmouth etc.
Forget the vengabus it's not gonna happen

I'm taking the ferry myself to Santander from Pompey.
I'll be there (Basque Country) for the Sweden game then drive to Bordeaux weds 15th nice and early to explore and get a feel for the place.
Leave Bordeaux on Monday 20th to TOURS then on to Lille.
Return via the tunnel and an impending sense of doom no doubt
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

I live south England near Dover so it doesn't sound too ridiculous now does it :)

Well as you give your location as Ireland then yup it does.

I haven't always lived here. I didn't even realise that. I will change it now
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:09pm

Well as you give your location as Ireland then yup it does.

Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:19pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:33am

Originally posted by HampshireDub HampshireDub wrote:

You could do a forest gump and just run it ?

All p**s taking aside I think you need to clarify what you require.
I wouldn't however, hold out much hope of a miracle bus that takes you from your house and back.

Lol

Like the Miracle bus my mate swore turned up at his local on a Saturday night after 8 pints and lots of Vodka and took away the Ugly Tree Birds and left stunners in their place, bus turned up again at 6am and took the stunner away when he was asleep leaving an Ugly Fat bird in her place.

This was the excuse he used when he pulled Doris.

That's some bus OD 🔫
I'll pay serious coin to be on it😋

Edited by HampshireDub - 05 Jun 2016 at 1:01pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 10:14pm

I wouldn't however, hold out much hope of a miracle bus that takes you from your house and back.

Lol

Like the Miracle bus my mate swore turned up at his local on a Saturday night after 8 pints and lots of Vodka and took away the Ugly Tree Birds and left stunners in their place, bus turned up again at 6am and took the stunner away when he was asleep leaving an Ugly Fat bird in her place.

This was the excuse he used when he pulled Doris.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 10:02pm

It meant is there a bus or is anyone driving with space for 1 more but only driving and returning that same weekend.. It was all implied true not actually asked :)

Bus ?

Like seriously ...............

Holyhead to Dover is 600km
Calais to Bordeaux is 900km

Add in stops and ferry from Dub and Dover you might do it in 20 hours.

Would do a Dub - Lgw - Toulouse return 17th to 19th
Ryanair and Easyjet and little change from 300 Euro

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:57pm

It meant is there a bus or is anyone driving with space for 1 more but only driving and returning that same weekend.. It was all implied true not actually asked :)

Bus ?

Like seriously ...............

Holyhead to Dover is 600km
Calais to Bordeaux is 900km

Add in stops and ferry from Dub and Dover you might do it in 20 hours.

Would do a Dub - Lgw - Toulouse return 17th to 19th
Ryanair and Easyjet and little change from 300 Euro

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:46pm

Now I kinda now why I am at least 2 hours away by car Big smile

There is no was She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) and her junior apprentice would allow me go to another game if we in middle of Bordeaux.

They will attend Italy game at which point the spirit of the championship will be in everybody.

See that was your first and biggest mistake OD.
Informing her of your plans.
I booked it up and told her afterwards

Lol

Not a drinker hence not worried about being beered up plus also wanting to take lad along.

Trust me telling her that its a 2 week holiday and she is coming along is a lot cheaper than trying to deal with the
"Oh you are going off to football with lad and I AM LEFT HERE WITH daughter who will feel completely left out AGAIN" and this would get dragged up again for next 10 years. I will have a guilt trip to live down and it wouldn't cost me a lot less.

2 weeks holiday with lots of football thrown in plus she goes to a couple of games and we do Disney, Parc Asterix and some other stuff as well.

Mates wife and kids going along and we on same campsite for 3 days plus she has friends in Paris.

Also best friend lives in Vienna hence cheap accom in November for our game there and she gets sold on visiting her friend.

Not seeing much of a downside Smile

That's very honourable OD I salute you.

However as Oscar Wilde or somebody who made up pointless quotes once said 'I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they will feel all day'

But I genuinely salute you. I wish I had your discipline.
I don't however, so I'm gonna crack on as before.

Ps I have two kids and I'm away for 15 days.
Man up mo chara

Edited by HampshireDub - 04 Jun 2016 at 9:48pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:41pm

Now I kinda now why I am at least 2 hours away by car Big smile

There is no was She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) and her junior apprentice would allow me go to another game if we in middle of Bordeaux.

They will attend Italy game at which point the spirit of the championship will be in everybody.

See that was your first and biggest mistake OD.
Informing her of your plans.
I booked it up and told her afterwards

Lol

Not a drinker hence not worried about being beered up plus also wanting to take lad along.

Trust me telling her that its a 2 week holiday and she is coming along is a lot cheaper than trying to deal with the
"Oh you are going off to football with lad and I AM LEFT HERE WITH daughter who will feel completely left out AGAIN" and this would get dragged up again for next 10 years. I will have a guilt trip to live down and it wouldn't cost me a lot less.

2 weeks holiday with lots of football thrown in plus she goes to a couple of games and we do Disney, Parc Asterix and some other stuff as well.

Mates wife and kids going along and we on same campsite for 3 days plus she has friends in Paris.

Also best friend lives in Vienna hence cheap accom in November for our game there and she gets sold on visiting her friend.

Not seeing much of a downside Smile
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 9:40pm

There's probably a few but from where ? To where ?
I'm not being facetious btw.
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 8:51pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 8:45pm

[QUOTE=Pubes] Anyone driving to the Belgium game this? Got chance of a ticket last minute but no travel booked[/QUOTE

No nobody is going.
Apparently there's a classic Glenroe re-run on gold and celebrity guests, which clashes with the game.

You're on your own.

Classic banter

I still don't fully understand your question pubes ?
It's the general thread and you have asked 'is anyone driving to the Belgium game this' ?

If you translate for me I might be able to assist you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic