You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by Seanachie Seanachie wrote:

Originally posted by HampshireDub HampshireDub wrote:

Bad news. Bordeaux has banned street drinking during the Euros. There will be no drinking allowed outside of bars and the fanzone between the hours of 11am and 7am (I am guessing bars aren't open for the other four hours.

Drinking on the street will also be banned in the vicinity of the airport, the station, the stadium and the fanzone from midnight the night before the match till 8am the next day (in Ireland's case, that means from the night of the 17th till the morning of the 19th). If the overlap between those two bans seems strange, it's because they were issued by two separate authorities.

Again I'm slightly confused here ? Shall I just start sipping tins now ?

There is also a ban on serving drink in glasses, only plastic, paper or metal cups will be allowed instead, which looks like it might contradict the street-drinking ban.

Finally, the sale of alcohol stronger than 20% is prohibited between the hours of 8pm and 8am. Wine and beer will still be available for sale but will have to be drunk at home.

http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/06/08/alcool-dans-la-rue-la-gironde-et-bordeaux-au-regime-sec-pendant-l-euro-2016-2392859-2780.php

Do you mean between 7am and 11am ? Otherwise it implies a total ban does it not ?

Correct it's essentially a complete ban on street drinking.

That link says between '11 heures and 7 heures', which sort of threw me, because the French only ever use the 24-hour clock. 11pm looks more likely. It doesn't surprise me in Bordeaux, which is a fairly bourgeois city. Still, hard to see how it'll be enforced, and we'll have to see how things go for the Welsh (and the Austrians) ahead of us. 

Yeah 11pm is a bit less ridiculous, but weird that they didn't say 23h.

We'll know how effective it is soon enough, Wales play there tomorrow right?

Although, in the rest of the article it uses 24h clock, e.g. when talking about the spirit ban it says entre 20h et 8h.
Sponsored Links

HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:05am
So we can go mad between 23:00 and 7:00am ?

Draw me a compass I need a MAP
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 8:43am

Bad news. Bordeaux has banned street drinking during the Euros. There will be no drinking allowed outside of bars and the fanzone between the hours of 11am and 7am (I am guessing bars aren't open for the other four hours.

Drinking on the street will also be banned in the vicinity of the airport, the station, the stadium and the fanzone from midnight the night before the match till 8am the next day (in Ireland's case, that means from the night of the 17th till the morning of the 19th). If the overlap between those two bans seems strange, it's because they were issued by two separate authorities.

There is also a ban on serving drink in glasses, only plastic, paper or metal cups will be allowed instead, which looks like it might contradict the street-drinking ban.

Finally, the sale of alcohol stronger than 20% is prohibited between the hours of 8pm and 8am. Wine and beer will still be available for sale but will have to be drunk at home.

http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/06/08/alcool-dans-la-rue-la-gironde-et-bordeaux-au-regime-sec-pendant-l-euro-2016-2392859-2780.php

Do you mean between 7am and 11am ? Otherwise it implies a total ban does it not ?

That link says between '11 heures and 7 heures', which sort of threw me, because the French only ever use the 24-hour clock. 11pm looks more likely. It doesn't surprise me in Bordeaux, which is a fairly bourgeois city. Still, hard to see how it'll be enforced, and we'll have to see how things go for the Welsh (and the Austrians) ahead of us. 

Yeah 11pm is a bit less ridiculous, but weird that they didn't say 23h.

We'll know how effective it is soon enough, Wales play there tomorrow right?
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:12pm

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 11:04pm
It's a ban on take away sales of spirits between 8pm and 8am, a ban on public drinking between 11pm and 7am plus a ban on public drinking outside licensed premises from midnight of June 17th to 8am on June 19th in specified areas including downtown Bordeaux and around the stadium. It's not going to make a blind bit of difference. Check out Newsdirectory2.com.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 09 Jun 2016 at 11:12pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:49pm

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:23pm

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:17pm
FFS !

Can't possibly be fully enforced can it ?
As per previous post with the Welsh lads there before us hopefully they'll see some sense won't they ?

I blame Trump and his poxy hair for all of this
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:20pm
The Welsh are there before us, so if there game goes off peacefully it might lighten the mood of the local authorities before the good ship YBIG arrives into town. In any case I didn't read earlier post.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 8:27pm
Give the tournament to the Germans and they will be none of this messin

Edited by BohsinMunich - 09 Jun 2016 at 8:28pm
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:48pm
Can you find the address of the place that signed off on this and we'll have a massive session outside

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 09 Jun 2016 at 7:48pm
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:34pm
Good luck to them enforcing that
Spoofer13 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoofer13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:33pm

http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/06/08/alcool-dans-la-rue-la-gironde-et-bordeaux-au-regime-sec-pendant-l-euro-2016-2392859-2780.php - http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/06/08/alcool-dans-la-rue-la-gironde-et-bordeaux-au-regime-sec-pendant-l-euro-2016-2392859-2780.php

Surely that will be extremely difficult to enforce? Even if every pub is jammed there will still be thousands left over.

I think it's a cynical attempt to force everyone into their crappy fanzones and pay over the top for warm pints of carlsberg. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:09pm
The French really are miserable killjoy f**kers. Why the fuçk did they bid to host this tournament if this is the kind of sh*t the local authorities are coming up with. Fuçk them, I'm still drinking cans in the street.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 7:02pm

donalm318 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalm318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by donalm318 donalm318 wrote:

Got my tickets for the Belgium game today but Im<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> not sure where Im sitting/if Im with the Irish fans,how do i find this out?Where is everyone else sitting?</span>

What block are you located in?

Located in Block 14,down in the corner

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

I live south England near Dover so it doesn't sound too ridiculous now does it :)

Well as you give your location as Ireland then yup it does.

I haven't always lived here. I didn't even realise that. I will change it now

Newhaven - Dieppe ferry and on from there.

Alternate is Easyjet to CDG and train it down Fri nite / Sat morn and flyback from there Sun Morn or Tolouse at 10pm Sat night.
donalm318 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalm318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:00pm
Block 14,going in Gate E

Edited by donalm318 - 08 Jun 2016 at 8:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic